Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:26:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Megathread] SHIBANU Physical Dogecoin!!! - 4 sets left at clear out prices!  (Read 12141 times)
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 03:05:53 AM

I'm going to throw up one or more of these Shibanu Dogecoins on my little eBay 'store' just to add a new crypto coin listing and start filling my stock back up on there, so I snapped a few pics to share in the thread because I was very pleased with my two coins! My total # of listed items on eBay is currently pretty sparse. eBay is what I sell on the least out of 3 or 4 sites though due to the high fees; my stock ebbs and flows. I enjoy selling coins, silver, gold, and physical BTC and other cryptos on there. Eventually I'd like to have 1 or more physical cryptos of like 10-30 different varieties/companies on there all the time, and be known as The Place to look for legitimate (and not outrageously priced) physical Bitcoins and crypto coins on eBay, like cflow01 (bitguy101 on here) is (or used to be?) on there. Physical Bitcoins and cryptos are my favorite items to sell on FeeBay. I enjoy trying to hook up international Bitcoiners for cheap too with cheap shipping costs.
Anyways, what I was trying to say is that I cropped these pictures and put my eBay watermark on there and other brief words because I was getting them ready for eBay. So just ignore the words, and sorry if they come out too big. I've recently been trying to keep my pics full size for higher resolution when selling on eBay or Reddit, so that people can click for full-size and details.

If the pictures are getting blocked by those damn BTCTalk image hosting blocks, or just not showing up, you can Click here for an Imgur album of them. There are a few more pics in there too.

Great job on Shibanu for making some fine physical Dogecoins on their first batch! Welcome to the physical crypto community on here! I'll be looking to stack up on some singles or a pack soon if anyone's selling or wants to sell/trade.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 01:19:39 PM

I got 3 of these coins and am very happy with them. I think for the price the quality is really good...much happy many joy. I really like it when people come up with nice coins at really good prices. I think you should charge an extra $1-$2 and include air-tites though. Recently I prefer the square ones with black for some reason.

Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 02:04:32 PM

I got 3 of these coins and am very happy with them. I think for the price the quality is really good...much happy many joy. I really like it when people come up with nice coins at really good prices. I think you should charge an extra $1-$2 and include air-tites though. Recently I prefer the square ones with black for some reason.

Can you recommend a cheap supplier of these air-tites?
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 02:56:55 PM

I just use eBay for them and buy like 50 at a time. They are really cheap...also when I ship coin in for grading I yank the air tites.
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 03:04:03 PM

I just use eBay for them and buy like 50 at a time. They are really cheap...also when I ship coin in for grading I yank the air tites.

I live in Europe and I buy them directly in the USA https://www.air-tites.com they stock all sizes and really good prices.
snarlpill

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 03:17:49 PM

I think the single best place to buy Airtites online is www.JPsCorner.com.  They have a great selection of anything you would need for coins, and the best prices. They stock the Airtite brand and have cheaper prices than the actual Airtite website. Supposedly the guy that runs JPsCorner is part or full owner of the Airtite company. Their packaging and shipping are on point too.

SHIBANU (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 03:24:38 PM

Can you recommend a cheap supplier of these air-tites?

Apparently Blazed has "billions" of them..  Wink

Thanks! We're glad you like them.
The PVC issue with the flips we were sending out is definitely a potential problem and a risk we'd rather not take. For the moment we are just trying to replace all the flips with safer and cleaner ones.
We've already places an order with a U.S. supplier to ship the SAFLIP Archival double flips to Pistachio who organised the group buy. We will also be paying for the postage of the flips to the individuals in the group buy.  

We are also working on getting in touch with all our customers and trying to get new flips sent out to them.
Ideally, having the coins in an air-tite as you have pictures above is best. However, we wanted to keep the price down and therefore we went for the more affordable option. The flips are more of a short-term storage solution.

In the meantime, we will also look into buying some air-tites and offer them to customers when buying their coins at a small cost as you have recommended.

Thanks for all the help and the comments. Credit to both Blazedout419 and Snarlpill for some great ideas and recommendations.

snarlpill

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 05:21:27 PM

Kudos to Shibanu for taking steps to provide an even better experience for their customers and being very responsive! I agree with Blazed, sourcing some good Airtites and offering them for a dollar or two extra would be a great touch. PLUS- Shipping coins in Airtites is pretty much The best way of getting coins to their destination without damage.

I will say though I know a lot of people that ship coins and bullion, and while flips containing PVC are not recommended for long-term storage, these "experts" have said that PVC flips shouldn't cause any damage if just used to ship them from point A to point B. If I remember correctly, PVC damage is caused more over the long term, and I believe silver is more susceptible with it anyways.

TLDR; If the coins are only in the softer PVC flips for the short term, like during shipping, the coins should likely be fine. I didn't mean to cause a big scare to anybody!

IBGigglin
Legendary

Merit: 1006

BCH Advocate.

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:01:31 AM

It wasn't damage as much as it was a thin film that was easily polished off with a microfiber towel. It gets pretty hot where I'm at maybe that had something to do with it. Either way, no worries. Ill just keep the stained coin and sell it as an error coin next year.  Wink ..kidding don't go staining your coins kids.  Smiley

Im baaaack! Looking for sig campaign. DM me if interested.
SHIBANU (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 05:29:49 PM

It wasn't damage as much as it was a thin film that was easily polished off with a microfiber towel. It gets pretty hot where I'm at maybe that had something to do with it. Either way, no worries. Ill just keep the stained coin and sell it as an error coin next year.  Wink ..kidding don't go staining your coins kids.  Smiley

Well let us know if you want the coin replaced. We're only a PM away. Wink

Just a little update with regards to things. We've placed the orders for our replacement flips and all US customers (who bought directly from us) are getting their sent out. We're also working with Pistachio to accommodate those in his group buy.

We're also holding out on accepting new orders for the next couple of weeks while we're away. All outstanding orders will be shipped in the coming days. We've paused our listing on noobie.io so don't panic if you can't find it. It'll work again once we resume business when we get back.
We will still be online throughout this time so if you need to contact us feel free to send us a message!

Thanks Smiley

P.S PMs are still being sent to those on our order list regarding the flips. Don't panic if you haven't received yours yet.
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 12:13:53 PM

New coin flaps arrived today for the USA groupbuy. I will be mailing these out on Monday morning. Here's a pic,
SHIBANU (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:54:19 AM

Thank you for all the help Pistachio!
We will be back next week to resume business Smiley
SHIBANU (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 04:02:24 PM

Link is now live. Here it is for reference (https://noobie.io/Collectibles-Arts/Collectibles?product_id=656)
SHIBANU (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 10:34:40 PM

A lady was walking some dogs by our house the other day. I wasn't really paying attention, as we live on an active corner.
My child started to point at the dogs and I looked over and.....
The lady had 2 Shiba Inus dogs. I had never seen one and immediately went and grabbed one of my awesome SHIBANU coins.
I showed her and she thought it very "cool" that someone would put her dog on a coin....I laughed and began to explain.
Yadda, yadda, yadda..........Now someone else knows of these great coins and Dogecoin/bitcoin!!

Very awesome when digital and physical collide. Smiley
Shiny Shibe, Much Wow!!  Cheesy

Thanks Smiley

That is great! Thanks for sharing the story. It brought a smile to our faces Smiley
snarlpill

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 06:34:59 AM

A lady was walking some dogs by our house the other day. I wasn't really paying attention, as we live on an active corner.
The lady had 2 Shiba Inus dogs. I had never seen one and immediately went and grabbed one of my awesome SHIBANU coins.
I showed her and she thought it very "cool" that someone would put her dog on a coin....I laughed and began to explain.
Yadda, yadda, yadda..........Now someone else knows of these great coins and Dogecoin/bitcoin!!

Thanks Smiley

I agree, awesome story! I would be willing to bet that was the first and will probably be the last time that someone approached that lady with a coin bearing a stylized portrait of her dog!  Cheesy

@Shibanu- I really liked the 2 coins of yours that I received in a trade from Pistachio, great job on your first series! Hoping to buy a few more soon if possible.

SHIBANU (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:25:42 PM

Thanks Smiley

I agree, awesome story! I would be willing to bet that was the first and will probably be the last time that someone approached that lady with a coin bearing a stylized portrait of her dog!  Cheesy

@Shibanu- I really liked the 2 coins of yours that I received in a trade from Pistachio, great job on your first series! Hoping to buy a few more soon if possible.

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad that you like them.
Remember that we are only a PM or website click away Wink

Loaded and ready to rock!!!  Cheesy
This was my first ever attempt at making a public address and private key combo.
Only problem was getting the address to sit and then applying the hologram over the private key. I cut off the "K" at the end of the address.... oh well. Wink
I was even able to shrink down a QR code for the private key and it fit nicely into the regress on the back.

Thanks Smiley

It looks great! Happy to see someone using their wallet already Smiley
A little tip for next time, print the firstbits a few times on a number of lines. You can also use tweezers to hold it in place when applying the hologram. It doesn't always stay straight though as you can see from our pictures in the OP.

I just noticed that the OP has many coins that already have addresses/first bits available.
Are these coins loaded?
Are they part of the 500 coin mintage or were they some kind of the prototype?
Are they available for purchase?

Thank you Smiley

Haha. We were waiting for someone to ask. These coins are part of the 500 and some are currently being kept away. We intended to sell loaded coins at first but decided that we would only want to sell them if they were perfect. These coins have different private keys (some have a full 64 character private key and others have shorter mini keys). When we tried cutting the keys, we did everything by hand and the cuts weren't so clean. We were worried that the keys may have been illegible so decided against selling them.

Hopefully that explains it Smiley
SHIBANU (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 06:56:54 AM

Accepting orders...

Thanks to Jsmit332 for the great banner!

wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 01:35:43 PM

Still have quite a few coins available. Get your orders in now Smiley

Do you still get a proto-type coin when you order 5 or more?
SHIBANU (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 05:22:25 PM

Still have quite a few coins available. Get your orders in now Smiley

Do you still get a proto-type coin when you order 5 or more?

Yes. For every 5 coins you get 1 free prototype. So 10 coins gets 2, 15 gets 3 and so on  Wink
SHIBANU (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:41:50 PM

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: