Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:02:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Defaults causing sell offs?  (Read 1463 times)
superfastkyle (OP)

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 08:41:17 PM

Do you think today's sell off is being caused by GLBSE closing? Do you ever think we will get to the point where a record default won't cause a dip in price?

If we want bitcoin to be more than bitcointalk.org why does it seem that we don't act like it? Price changes happen on many announcements, some I don't think that are warranted. Also many websites still update their users only here on bitcointalk.org. I'm beginning to think that some major bitcointalk downtime would be a good thing. So that people realize bitcoin would go on without it
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 08:43:31 PM

Do you think today's sell off is being caused by GLBSE closing? Do you ever think we will get to the point where a record default won't cause a dip in price?

If we want bitcoin to be more than bitcointalk.org why does it seem that we don't act like it? Price changes happen on many announcements, some I don't think that are warranted. Also many websites still update their users only here on bitcointalk.org. I'm beginning to think that some major bitcointalk downtime would be a good thing. So that people realize bitcoin would go on without it

That's actually not a bad idea.  It would force everyone to expand their local bitcoin community.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 08:45:56 PM

That's actually not a bad idea.  It would force everyone to expand their local bitcoin community.

I would go through withdrawal  Cry
Panoramix

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 08:57:40 PM

I don't see a "sell off". I see a healthy reaction on a (possible) disturbance in the Bitcoin eco-system. I would be stranger if the market didn't react at all. So, no, I don't think we will get to that point.
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 09:01:14 PM

I'm beginning to think that some major bitcointalk downtime would be a good thing.

Great idea. Maybe even just shut the website down for 8-10 hours a day.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 10:23:20 PM

I'm beginning to think that some major bitcointalk downtime would be a good thing.

Great idea. Maybe even just shut the website down for 8-10 hours a day.

Randomly Wink

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 10:25:44 PM

Randomly Wink

Nah. Something new would be a nice change. Smiley
lucif

Activity: 462

Clown prophet

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 10:42:34 PM

Indicators and figures predicted start of current downtrend for at least of month.

Weekly & daily RSI above 70 needs huge correction. Wave A from 15.4->7.6 drop requires wave C equial or lower.  Also a lot of things there.

GLBSE just triggered natural market rules to reverse this bubble back.
superfastkyle (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 10:50:23 PM

but if we are in a bubble now that needs a slight correction, then doesn't that mean the bubble caused by reward halving is still to come?
lucif

Activity: 462

Clown prophet

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 11:02:12 PM

but if we are in a bubble now that needs a slight correction, then doesn't that mean the bubble caused by reward halving is still to come?
I wish you slight reaction for this massive correction =)
pretendo

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 11:13:11 PM

The market has already accounted for this
tHash

Activity: 260

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 02:09:12 AM

This is just an indicator of how vulnerable the market is to manipulation.   Someone is intentionally pushing the market down, just look at the sell walls, which keep being pushed down to force sells in front of them.
n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 02:39:39 AM

It's possible, but in that case I'd consider it a buying opportunity.  As with the Gox incident, the viability of GLBSE does not affect Bitcoin in the long term.  If Bitcoin needs a securities market, replacements will be developed.

The constant closures and hacks are annoying, but as the saying goes, whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  The weak are being weeded out, and any new exchanges will now have the benefit of hindsight in terms of business models, security measures, and legal preparedness.

We are living in 1850s California.  Life is dangerous, catastrophes occur frequently, outlaws roam the streets.  But if you stake out some land and manage to hold onto it for a few decades without panicking, you will probably come out a rich bastard.
kwoody

Activity: 454

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:26:16 AM

Last few months have been a rocky road for Bitcoin.. GLBSE definitely throws another wrench in the gears. Additionally, difficulty seems to be going down for the first time in a few months.. Anybody know powerplayers in the market who're selling off?
majamalu
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 04:58:31 AM

It's possible, but in that case I'd consider it a buying opportunity.  As with the Gox incident, the viability of GLBSE does not affect Bitcoin in the long term.  If Bitcoin needs a securities market, replacements will be developed.

The constant closures and hacks are annoying, but as the saying goes, whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  The weak are being weeded out, and any new exchanges will now have the benefit of hindsight in terms of business models, security measures, and legal preparedness.

We are living in 1850s California.  Life is dangerous, catastrophes occur frequently, outlaws roam the streets.  But if you stake out some land and manage to hold onto it for a few decades without panicking, you will probably come out a rich bastard.

+ 1! (Why bother to write when someone else has already said exactly what you think?)

http://elbitcoin.org - Bitcoin en español
http://mercadobitcoin.com - MercadoBitcoin
superfastkyle (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 05:26:54 AM

+ 1! (Why bother to write when someone else has already said exactly what you think?)

I think its a great view of things as well, thanks for putting it like that... Well have some million dollar southern California lots in no time!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: