Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:55:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: With GLBSE gone, we can start fresh on new lands.  (Read 4809 times)
chrisrico

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 10:31:01 PM

Until there is any court case, your arguments is invalid, and the people who fall in line are just not strong enough to handle bleeding edge communities like this.

If you think a court would agree that economic activity does not fall under the jurisdiction of the country in which it takes place, merely because the medium of exchange is bitcoin, you are both sadly mistaken and extremely naive.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 10:34:10 PM

Until there is any court case, your arguments is invalid, and the people who fall in line are just not strong enough to handle bleeding edge communities like this.

If you think a court would agree that economic activity does not fall under the jurisdiction of the country in which it takes place, merely because the medium of exchange is bitcoin, you are both sadly mistaken and extremely naive.

Economic activity actually falls to the currency that is being used, and bitcoins isn't a currency recognized by the global world. So your sadly mistaken.
yrtrnc (OP)

Activity: 605

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 10:35:09 PM

IN MY OPINION, history has shown that:
The state is always trying to make money out of you and control you. If they see the potential, they will pull out the big guns if its worth it to them.

I am pretty sure that would violate many amendments and laws, and if that was true, why have no companies been shutdown or brought to trial?

The men with guns make the laws and determine how they are applied. There probably have been some that were shut down, though I don't know who off the top of my head. More common is for them to fall in line and comply with all regulations the regulators say apply, under threat of violence.

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 10:37:01 PM

The state is always trying to make money out of you and control you. If they see the potential, they will pull out the big guns if its worth it for them.

I am pretty sure that would violate many amendments and laws, and if that was true, why have no companies been shutdown or brought to trial?

The men with guns make the laws and determine how they are applied. There probably have been some that were shut down, though I don't know who off the top of my head. More common is for them to fall in line and comply with all regulations the regulators say apply, under threat of violence.

Where is the proof that they are controlling bitcoin business? Your opinion is invalid no facts to even prove that.
yrtrnc (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 10:40:45 PM

I never said they were controlling, nor do I have any proof. All I'm saying is, that it is a possibility.

The state is always trying to make money out of you and control you. If they see the potential, they will pull out the big guns if its worth it for them.

Where is the proof that they are controlling bitcoin business? Your opinion is invalid no facts to even prove that.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 10:44:20 PM

I never said they were controlling, nor do I have any proof. All I'm saying is, that it is a possibility.

very slim possibility, you have a better chance of meeting an alien
chrisrico

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 10:53:04 PM

Economic activity actually falls to the currency that is being used, and bitcoins isn't a currency recognized by the global world. So your sadly mistaken.

Are you claiming that barter, being economic activity that doesn't use a medium of exchange (or currency), is not regulated (let's say, in the United States)?
yrtrnc (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 10:54:06 PM

I hope so, because I'd rather meet an alien. A friendly one,  Cheesy

very slim possibility, you have a better chance of meeting an alien
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 11:02:53 PM

Are you claiming that barter, being economic activity that doesn't use a medium of exchange (or currency), is not regulated (let's say, in the United States)?

Bartering is regulated to some degree by the united states, i am claiming a currency that isn't recognized globally can't be regulated.
chrisrico

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 11:29:39 PM

Bartering is regulated to some degree by the united states, i am claiming a currency that isn't recognized globally can't be regulated.

Good luck with that, and I hope nobody listens to your advice, because you are wrong. See: gold and every other private currency.
bigasic

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 11:48:26 PM

Good luck with that, and I hope nobody listens to your advice, because you are wrong. See: gold and every other private currency.

In Utah  last year, they made silver a legal tender. I don't know why they did that, there must be some incentive...
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 11:49:09 PM

Gold is a commodity and what other private currencies there are none.
max in montreal

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:06:39 AM

If you setup your company in the middle of the ocean and access it trought a fiber cable from 10Mm (mega meters, just for fun of scientific notions, 10000km) away, lets say you connect from Iceland, you would still have to comply with Iceland laws.

So the location really dosent matter, if not from a fiscal point of view.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Sealand
BlackHeartFund

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 05:18:06 AM

Im talking about a country with no rules.

The problem is, we don't live in countries with no rules... eventually citizens of regulated countries want to cash in their bitcoins for trade (ideally), or fiat currency (more often ATM). Those of us attempting to operate legal, tax paying corporations that profit from and help develop bitcoins legally have to develop ways to work within the existing legal structures, and we have to do our best to influence further regulation/interpretation of laws. This is why I currently support the bitcoin foundation. Bitcoins are essentially a commodity, not a traditional currency. I don't see why we can't trade it like rice.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 07:49:21 AM

If you setup your company in the middle of the ocean and access it trought a fiber cable from 10Mm (mega meters, just for fun of scientific notions, 10000km) away, lets say you connect from Iceland, you would still have to comply with Iceland laws.

So the location really dosent matter, if not from a fiscal point of view.

That's bullshit. Having internet connectivity with a country does not subject you to their laws. What if you connect to the internet via satellite?

I work with the Internet, a service provider has to withstand the law of its own country where the society is based, the one that hosts his gear and the ones that whatever the clients connect from.

If you connect from satellite staying in space you can do whatever you want. If you stay on earth you will be required to follow the same of above.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
yrtrnc (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 07:53:53 AM

We cant trade like rice because rice is a source of nutrition and thats why its valuable to all people.

We give bitcoin its value. And the more we trade it the more valuable it gets.

Im talking about a country with no rules.

The problem is, we don't live in countries with no rules... eventually citizens of regulated countries want to cash in their bitcoins for trade (ideally), or fiat currency (more often ATM). Those of us attempting to operate legal, tax paying corporations that profit from and help develop bitcoins legally have to develop ways to work within the existing legal structures, and we have to do our best to influence further regulation/interpretation of laws. This is why I currently support the bitcoin foundation. Bitcoins are essentially a commodity, not a traditional currency. I don't see why we can't trade it like rice.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 4386

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 08:01:30 AM

I just think that it is amazing how we are watching the institution of the nation state become obsolete before our eyes.

These are exciting times.

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 12:03:15 PM

Bitcoins cannot be controlled by a government, but the use of them certainly can. By trading in bitcoins you do not escape any regualtions of economic activity. They may be harder to enforce, but the laws still apply. Can I go to Canada and use USD and not pay taxes because the government there does not control the currency? No, that is absurd. Likewise, I cannot get around US law by trading in Euros.

If you are looking for a new place to start, how about setting up a city in Antarctica? You would not have a problem cooling your bitcoin mining rigs there!

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
fabrizziop

Activity: 506

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 01:42:28 PM

Just move all the legal stuff around Bitcoins to Honduras. The government overthere is eager to set up "charter cities". Honduras is set to host one of the world's most radical neo-liberal economic experiments under a plan to build from scratch the rules, roads and rafters of a "charter city" for foreign investors.

The Central American nation hopes the plan for model development zones, which will have their own laws, tax system, judiciary and police, will emulate the economic success of city states such as Singapore and Hong Kong.

More info:

Or to Venezuela, the corruption shitfest around here would make that easy, lawless country here.
eliale

Activity: 838
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 02:59:17 PM

The Rock has a platform capable to handle Bitcoin Companies.

It is just enough to ask your companies to move at our exchange and you’ll be able to freely trade again 24/7.

We are small but been around since 2007 in the virtual worlds.

Please, check our site  at: www.therockexchange.com

Thank you!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: