Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:29:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the minimum amount of money needed for faucet  (Read 670 times)
Wapinter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 12:46:11 PM

What is the minimum amount of money one needs to create a faucet and how profitable it is?
Will Google adsense approve faucets?
what could be the other possible sources to monetize faucet?

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6641

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 04:29:31 PM

You will need to have a few btc to start a faucet. Probably at least 1.

Google AdSense usually works, but there are also many ad networks that pay with bitcoin.

Your can also sell ad space to people who want to advertise their own referrals.

unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 06:06:27 PM

I'd recommend analysing demand for what you're trying to offer first. Do people really want another faucet?

I understand you want to make money out of this and that you don't really care what people want, but you might get 0 traffic. I feel like there's more than enough faucets and no desire for more. Feel free to prove me wrong.

As for your question, I don't think 1BTC is enough. I have seen very active faucets run with 10+ BTC.
Wapinter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 07:02:26 PM

You will need to have a few btc to start a faucet. Probably at least 1.

Google AdSense usually works, but there are also many ad networks that pay with bitcoin.

Your can also sell ad space to people who want to advertise their own referrals.
Is one btc besides hosting and domain charges or it is included?

I'd recommend analysing demand for what you're trying to offer first. Do people really want another faucet?

I understand you want to make money out of this and that you don't really care what people want, but you might get 0 traffic. I feel like there's more than enough faucets and no desire for more. Feel free to prove me wrong.

As for your question, I don't think 1BTC is enough. I have seen very active faucets run with 10+ BTC.
Yes you are right that there are numerous faucets but I particularly want to focus on Indian market. I want it exclusively for indian users in regional language.
I am asking for initial budget required,as the faucet grows,more budget can be invested

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: