I'm looking for a mining client which meets the following criteria:
- Open source
- Allows easy integration of new mining methods (FPGA in my case)
- Runs on Linux, and ideally on Windows as well
- Written in a sane programming language, preferably Python
- Supports long polling
- Supports falling back to another pool in case of outages, without first waiting for the pool to repond for several minutes
- Pushpool support would be a plus
Which software would you suggest?
If this can't be achieved with a single piece of software, I'd consider a stack of a "dumb" mining software and a clever proxy for it as well.