Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:23:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pending Transactions please help this noob  (Read 917 times)
joecross (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 04:06:47 PM

Hi All,
So Im fairly new to the deep web..but got my electrum wallet and put bitcoins into it. After that I attempted to withdraw funds from it and deposit them to GRAMS in order to pay for the creation of my helix account (you know where I'm going with this Wink ) Anyway it has been over two hour now and my transaction is still pending (0confirmations) even though I paid a high fee in order to make sure it goes through.

Basically I'm desperate for help now. What are my best options? Can I cancel the transaction seeing as it is on 0 confirmations. When I follow the link to block chain it says that it has 'high priority' but it has been a few hours already

Thanks in advance to everyone
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 04:22:16 PM

There has been a lot of such threads recently and usually the best you can do is wait a bit more. Even though you have paid high fees, it is possible others have paid higher fees and their transactions will go through faster.

I usually give my transactions half a day or so before I start to worry. I know time is of the essence, but be a patient for a bit more. If the problem persists, we can troubleshoot and see what is going on.
joecross (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 07:01:12 PM

There has been a lot of such threads recently and usually the best you can do is wait a bit more. Even though you have paid high fees, it is possible others have paid higher fees and their transactions will go through faster.

I usually give my transactions half a day or so before I start to worry. I know time is of the essence, but be a patient for a bit more. If the problem persists, we can troubleshoot and see what is going on.

Thank you very much for your answer..It's just that as a first time withdrawal from electrum I'm naturally worried.. my deposit from local bitcoins to electrum happened in a matter of minutes so you can see why i would worry..Also would there be any chance that my bitcoins don't get sent at all? Cry Cry
joecross (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 07:33:32 PM

Thanks for your answer! So is it in fact just a matter of waiting or is there a chance of my deposit not going through at all? Also (don't feel the need to answer this one if you don't know) GRAMS says that I have 24 hours for the funds to enter the account otherwise it will automatically delete and I would have to start over. Would that mean that I would just lose all the bitcoin I deposited to them to authenticate my account?
many thanks Huh Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: