Bitcoin Forum
August 22, 2024, 04:21:46 AM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptoxchange.....getting worse? [Resolved]  (Read 1527 times)
btctraderr (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:56:00 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2012, 10:50:04 AM by btctraderr

So I have used Crytoxchange a few times in the past, mainly for arbitrage and being in Australia it is the cheapest way to buy BTC. But recently it seems things are taking forever and I simply do not trust them anymore.

So today I find their HTTPS certificate is out of date and also their phone number listed on the website is apparently disconnected (after I tried ringing and got a automated voice saying it was disconnected). I try to use the live support function while logged in but thats a 404...I am still waiting for $250 I withdrew a week ago and there are some huge arbitrage opportunities recently but I simply do not want my money tied up there for too long.

Do you still use these forums Cryptoxchange? What can you say for the above?
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 05:29:59 AM

They still visit the forums.  They were last online here about 16 hours ago.

I'd try the contact information form on Mr Bitcoin or contacting them by PM - they do seem to be on here quite often even if they don't post.

https://www.mrbitcoins.com/contactus

One thing I did notice when I looked up the registration information for Mr Bitcoin is that the principal place of business address and the address for the service of documents is different from that listed for CryptoXchange.  It's possible that they've relocated the business to a new address and been unable to keep the same phone number.

They do seem to be a lot less accessible than in the past, and that's a pity.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
toffoo

Activity: 408
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 05:37:57 AM

My superstitious trading instincts suggest that I should tell you to stay away, far away, for right now.

There's been an enormous outside the market bid ($21k) on their USD market, and the occasional matching trades have been at weird prices.

At the moment, there is no way to get USD funds out of there with either AurumX or BitInstant.

Whoever runs it has been completely unresponsive.

Perhaps all just coincidences, but the paranoid will connect the dots.

Stay away until you see solid reassurances.

btctraderr (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 07:35:52 AM

Well I got a PM from Crypto and they have told me the certificate should be updated by tomorrow evening and my withdraw should arrive in my account this week. I'll update the thread if this happens. It's more reassuring that they have got back to me quickly on this.

Yeah, not only an enormous bid on the USD market but also another $10k one on the AUD market which has actually just been removed in the last few hours. I thought there used to be a bitinstant method of Crypto ---> Gox through coupons or similar but it seems the only way to get money out is via a bank transfer.
pof

Activity: 204

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 10:24:17 AM

So you say that the only way to withdraw usd is with bank transfer? No bitinstant or MTgox code? What a pity.... I signed up today to try to make some arbitrage Grin

mxxx

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 12:46:33 AM

i've traded on crypto for a while now, and quite often the prices are very out of line with other markets, so that in itself isn't particularly unusual.  having an expired SSL cert for a few days though is pretty appalling, and the fact that you can't do anything with your funds at the moment apart from withdraw to a bank account makes it mostly useless.  particularly annoying since they have banners all over the site saying you can withdraw to gox coupons, bitinstant or aurumxchange, none of which actually work.
toffoo

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 07:44:43 AM

I'd never looked too closely at their AUD market, but there's currently live bids on there for over 15,000 BTC at well over equivalent market rates.  (Worth more than AUD$186k.)

And this is on an exchange that averages about 500 BTC in total trading volume a day.

SEEMS LEGIT

That's encouraging to hear some response out of them recently, but if this pans out to be just another day at the office for them, consider me surprised.

ps: agreed, very annoying to see the FLASHING banners (on their own site) advertising withdrawal options that don't work.

btctraderr (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 10:56:55 AM

Their HTTPS certificate seems to be fixed now. I received my withdrawal, after about 7 working days....I also told them pretty much what has been said here, the lack of withdrawal options is severely limiting their market share. At one stage Crypto was like 5th in volume between all exchanges, I daresay that was because of the mtgox code withdrawals and linkages with bitinstant- both of which are not happening now. Also, their bullion store looks like a great idea (prices seem competitive) but it would be better if a) you could buy silver/gold with BTC and b) provide a little more information on each bullion product- at the moment it looks  neglected.
toffoo

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 01:38:08 AM

Haven't seen this announced anywhere else, but they've updated this, which only shows up if you've logged in:

BITINSTANT & AURUM X CHANGE CODES WILL NO LONGER BE SUPPORTED. WITHDRAWS TO MTGOX VOUCHERS ARE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Deposit Via MtGox Voucher for USD, Deposit via Bank for AUD - More Funding options replacing these are coming very shortly!! New trade costs are 0.50% for all Bitcoin Buying & Selling

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: