Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:01:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory / Bitcoin Core / SSD  (Read 1245 times)
solitude (OP)

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:06:15 AM

So who doesn't have an SSD in 2015?

Who wants to store 50 GB+ of blockchain files on their limited SSD?  I'd imagine nobody.

Figuring out how to store all the blockchain and database files on your large hard drive and not your C: drive is too complicated with Armory

Armory NEEDS a friendly wizard to assist people in moving the gigantic blockchain to their large hard drive.

I've been using Armory for over a year and I can't believe this hasn't been implemented yet.

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:25:01 PM

I don't have an SSD Cheesy

It's not that hard to change such a setting. Besides, I don't see it being implemented soon, if ever. Armory is an advanced client and this change doesn't require much fiddling with the software... So I think that users who come to Armory are knowledgeable enough on how to set it up properly (and developers think this too).
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 01:44:58 AM

Figuring out how to store all the blockchain and database files on your large hard drive and not your C: drive is too complicated with Armory

Armory NEEDS a friendly wizard to assist people in moving the gigantic blockchain to their large hard drive.

Just create a shortcut to the Armory executable and use the following parameters:

--datadir=<drive letter>:\<your wallet folder> --satoshi-datadir=<drive letter>:\<database folder>

unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 01:28:43 PM

Just create a shortcut to the Armory executable and use the following parameters:

--datadir=<drive letter>:\<your wallet folder> --satoshi-datadir=<drive letter>:\<database folder>

Precisely, that is well documented on Armory's website and there's even a video on it
picobit

Activity: 547

Decor in numeris

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 01:47:09 PM

Precisely, that is well documented on Armory's website and there's even a video on it

Even though I regard myself as a power user, and have done this myself, I must say:  It is needlessly complicated.  This setting should be available in the settings panel, where people expect it to be.  Since it is not there, many will think it is not possible.

Of course it becomes more complicated due to the fact that it is another program's data we want to move around.  This may be one of the reasons that it is not on the settings panel Smiley
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 05:26:54 PM

Even though I regard myself as a power user, and have done this myself, I must say:  It is needlessly complicated.  This setting should be available in the settings panel, where people expect it to be.  Since it is not there, many will think it is not possible.

Of course it becomes more complicated due to the fact that it is another program's data we want to move around.  This may be one of the reasons that it is not on the settings panel Smiley

Yes, I guess it could be on the settings panel. But making a wizard would be redirecting resources to somewhere not so useful I think. There are already enough wizards, such as the backup wizard, with everything very well explained... Cheesy
solitude (OP)

Activity: 674

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 07:29:05 PM

bump

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: