Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:41:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you pay to see Bitcoin Promoted?  (Read 511 times)
capn noe (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 11:05:45 AM

I work on-and-off managing brand ambassadors and event marketers for short term work promoting a wide variety of things. I can imagine a campaign to promote BTC with handouts, direct engagement, and mailing list signups being possible, but Bitcoin itself isn't a client to approach! Usually when I'm approached with a campaign idea (admittedly rarely, usually clients already have materials created and finalized at this stage) I am able to kick out a pretty good plan within a few hours, but not so much with BitCoin : The Client (Community?). How does this even work?

One way to run a campaign like this would be the bundling of client materials for BTC businesses. When explaining bitcoin the example pages and tools used to demonstrate the BTC will gain an enormous boost of new user interest, which is the point. Selling the marketing service to BTC businesses in a way to hook a broader promotion of Bitcoin is pretty interesting, but I'd hate to have promoted a business that turns out poorly. We wouldn't be liable for statements made in handout materials, but we definitely would suffer in other indirect ways. This, of course, assumes that we would run ALL materials through a legal team to ensure we aren't giving legal or financial advice in a way that increases liability.

The only other way I could imagine doing this would be to set campaign quotas with defined SLA's such as "At each 150BTC received threshold - round of cold calls initiated, 1500 field approaches made and 200 concluded, and ads purchased in target area". Going this route is interesting because I could allow contributors to wikify the materials, even allowing contributors to campaigns to suggest opportunities. This would probably require creating a similar pool for a legal team to participate on the wiki and contribute advice.

The second is a scary one too, I'd definitely have a long talk with my lawyer and my insurance agent before I would take it on; and I don't do that for just any contract. Figuring out how to market and promote Bitcoin is a tough nut to crack. I mean, who's going to PAY for it? I can tell you that with overheads nobody investing in something like this is going to make 5%/week on the investment, unless of course you are doing on-site signups for services with residual commissions or some other caper.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: