Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:18:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiBit classic issue.  (Read 841 times)
HorusHoraha (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:45:58 PM

Hello all,

I have been using MultiBit classic for sometime now and it has been my preferred storage method for most of it. However i have ran in to a slight issue. Periodically i export my private keys for each of my wallets through MultiBit (Especially when creating new addresses or wallets etc). About 4 weeks ago i exported my keys as usual to a secure external location. I did this because i was in the process of renewing my operating system. Once this was complete i redownloaded MultiBit Classic and attempted to import the private keys. They were imported successfully HOWEVER, and this is where the problem is, the imports are missing a few of my addresses which contain some coin in that i need to access. Anyone have any idea why it would not include some addresses in the import? I am 100% sure that the imported files are the corrected ones and i exported the day before i renewed the OS. Is there anything i can do? Can i import the wallets in a different way? Also, what are the .wallet files? I have them aswell and wonder if i could use them in anyway to get access to the accounts?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HorusHoraha (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 05:22:48 PM

Hello all,

I have been using MultiBit classic for sometime now and it has been my preferred storage method for most of it. However i have ran in to a slight issue. Periodically i export my private keys for each of my wallets through MultiBit (Especially when creating new addresses or wallets etc). About 4 weeks ago i exported my keys as usual to a secure external location. I did this because i was in the process of renewing my operating system. Once this was complete i redownloaded MultiBit Classic and attempted to import the private keys. They were imported successfully HOWEVER, and this is where the problem is, the imports are missing a few of my addresses which contain some coin in that i need to access. Anyone have any idea why it would not include some addresses in the import? I am 100% sure that the imported files are the corrected ones and i exported the day before i renewed the OS. Is there anything i can do? Can i import the wallets in a different way? Also, what are the .wallet files? I have them aswell and wonder if i could use them in anyway to get access to the accounts?

Following on from this... I have taken a look through the files and i have found the relevant "....data" folder and associated .info and .wallet file for the address and wallet in question. Is there anything i can do to use these to import the wallet or address?

Many thanks
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 06:06:36 PM

From this : https://blockchain.info/wallet/features

Import / Export
-Multiple Private Key Formats - Mini private keys, Wallet Import Format, Base58, Base64 and Hex.
-Watch Only - Watch Only addresses allow you to view transactions at an address without storing the private key in your wallet.
-Brain Wallet - Generate A private key from a passphrase.
-Import From QR Code - Scan A private key using a webcam.
-Import Wallet Files - Vanitygen, pywallet, blockchain.info and multibit .key files supported.
-Export Encrypted or Unencrypted.
-JSON RPC Import - Import / Export using the bitcoind JSON RPC API
-Paper Wallets
-Sign Message - Sign a message to prove you own a bitcoin address.
-Verify Message - Verify the owner of a bitcoin address.
-Import Bitcoin-Qt Wallet - Import keys from a wallet.dat file.

So what you can do now is make a Blockchain.info account and then try to import the .key file into your Blockchain account and see if it's the same results , if it's the same result then the problem is on the file which means that that file dosen't contain the private keys for the adresses yo uare looking for .

I personally thin kthat you took the backup before creating the new adresses and receving money on them

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 09:04:32 PM

Hello all,

Following on from this... I have taken a look through the files and i have found the relevant "....data" folder and associated .info and .wallet file for the address and wallet in question. Is there anything i can do to use these to import the wallet or address?

Many thanks

If you have the .wallet file you can put it (together with the corresponding .info file) into a directory and then open it using File | Open wallet

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
HorusHoraha (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:56:13 PM

From this : https://blockchain.info/wallet/features

Import / Export
-Multiple Private Key Formats - Mini private keys, Wallet Import Format, Base58, Base64 and Hex.
-Watch Only - Watch Only addresses allow you to view transactions at an address without storing the private key in your wallet.
-Brain Wallet - Generate A private key from a passphrase.
-Import From QR Code - Scan A private key using a webcam.
-Import Wallet Files - Vanitygen, pywallet, blockchain.info and multibit .key files supported.
-Export Encrypted or Unencrypted.
-JSON RPC Import - Import / Export using the bitcoind JSON RPC API
-Paper Wallets
-Sign Message - Sign a message to prove you own a bitcoin address.
-Verify Message - Verify the owner of a bitcoin address.
-Import Bitcoin-Qt Wallet - Import keys from a wallet.dat file.

So what you can do now is make a Blockchain.info account and then try to import the .key file into your Blockchain account and see if it's the same results , if it's the same result then the problem is on the file which means that that file dosen't contain the private keys for the adresses yo uare looking for .

I personally thin kthat you took the backup before creating the new adresses and receving money on them
Hello all,

Many thanks

If you have the .wallet file you can put it (together with the corresponding .info file) into a directory and then open it using File | Open wallet

Thanks to you both for your help in this matter! I managed to get it working using the "Open Wallet" feature (Life Saver!).
Thanks again!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: