Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:02:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have Questions about GBLSE Shutdown? Ask Matthewh3 (Unofficial Spokesperson)  (Read 7967 times)
Dalkore (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 03:52:33 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2012, 04:33:04 PM by Dalkore

Last night I found out about the announcement on GBLSE's website.   A thread addressing a possible scammer tag was taking place (14 pages of response at the time).    Many users had questions about the shutdown and was waiting to hear from Nefario.  Then the most interesting thing happened.  

Below are the updates we have gotten so far from their unofficial spokesperson Matthewh3.   He seems to be in communication with Nefario.

Please direct your comments at Matthewh3 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=44583 for updates:

1.   Re: Nefario
October 06, 2012, 08:20:41 PM

Matthewh3 - "No GLBSE coins not users coins.  He hasn't touched a single satoshi of users monies.  He hasn't even paid a penny in legal fees yet.  It's only fair that GLBSE (profit) coins should used to solve GLBSE legal problems.  Nafario as already lost the way he made his living.  Expecting him to cover GLBSE legal fees personally to benefit the other shareholders or else a scammer tag deserves a scammer tag."

2.  Re: Nefario
October 06, 2012, 08:25:33 PM

Matthewh3 - "No Nafario told me on the phone he's had to shut down to avoid (possible) jail time for helping to fund terrorism and helping money laundering never mind all the tax issues."

3.  Re: Nefario
October 06, 2012, 08:51:42 PM

Matthewh3 - "Nafario said on the phone he has been made some very generous offers for the source-code.  Also the owner of the LTC-Global said he was selling his source-code too."

4.   Re: Nefario
October 06, 2012, 08:56:07 PM

Matthewh3 - "All users coins on the GLBSE is safe and untouched.  Nafario wants to return them as soon as possible as they are a legal liability to him.  He also said he will soon have a way for asset issuers to pay dividends but not trade shares. "

5.  Re: Nefario
October 06, 2012, 09:15:07 PM

Matthewh3 - "I think he will need full legal ID to pay back coins and shares.  Otherwise he risks being charged with possible money laundering and/or funding terrorism.  Tho he won't disclose that information unless requested by the government/police."

6.  Re: Nefario
October 06, 2012, 09:32:49 PM

Matthewh3 - "Maybe not to you but I think that's what Nafario's lawyer has told him is his get out of jail card for possible criminal charges.  This is not about stealing coins.  The GLBSE was where Nafario made his living and he didn't shut it down for the sake of shooting himself in the foot to steal coins.  As I stated he's working on a withdrawal process to comply with AML rules and will soon have a way for asset issuers to pay dividends but not trade shares."

7.  Re: Nefario
October 06, 2012, 09:44:05 PM

Matthewh3 - "It's just like when MtGox forced AML on people who wanted to withdraw.  Nafario doesn't do it and he has a very real risk of going to jail."

Announcement from GBLSE.com:

"GLBSE has been closed

I'm sorry to inform all our users that GLBSE is no longer able to continue operating, and has now closed.

Q: What does this mean if I'm an issuer?

We will do everything in our power to make the process of moving off GLBSE as smooth as possible, we are currently working on a simple, safe, and easy to use method that will allow you to continue your relationship with your asset holders

Q: I'm a GLBSE user, what about my assets and my bitcoin?

You will be able to get back your bitcoin, and if you want to reveal your username, email, and a bitcoin address to accept payments with, you can continue your relationship with the issuer of any assets you hold.

We will begin retuning bitcoin once we have recieved all coins from the GLBSE treasurer that manages the GLBSE cash reserves. BitcoinGlobal (GLBSE's partent company) shareholders and board voted for them to be returned immediately, we are awaiting compliance with this order. "

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 04:04:58 PM

We already know why pirate wanted identified PPTs holders ...

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
LegalEagle

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:19:21 PM

Anyone know exactly what he's being charged with?
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 04:29:51 PM

Yep, sounds to me like the SEC got to Pirate first (how could they not? his ID was all over here) and have then proceeded to go looking into GLBSE.
There's going to be some serious profiling going on I think.
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 04:37:10 PM

Yep, sounds to me like the SEC got to Pirate first (how could they not? his ID was all over here) and have then proceeded to go looking into GLBSE.
correct me if I am wrong (I am sure someone will Tongue)
SEC = USA
Nefario is in England
maybe the British counterpart?

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
Dalkore (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 04:44:17 PM

SEC = USA
Nefario is in England

It is the FSA (Financial Service Authority).  What people don't understand is that the SEC & FSA have a very tight working relationship and will bring charges for each other in the different countries.

Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Shadow383

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 05:08:07 PM

SEC = USA
Nefario is in England

It is the FSA (Financial Service Authority).  What people don't understand is that the SEC & FSA have a very tight working relationship and will bring charges for each other in the different countries.
This.
I'm also UK-based - the FSA is just as neutered as the SEC is when it comes to big banks (read: sponsors of big political parties) but if the SEC wants you investigated for something it's pretty much a given that the FSA will act as their puppet.
Shadow383

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 05:20:57 PM

Thanks for the great work dalkore, please keep us updated.
i guess with the codes thing you're actually in a slightly better position than most glbse issuers right now  Cheesy
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 05:23:30 PM

I don't want to pester Matthewh3 or Nefario, I just want to know where am I supposed to submit my data to have my funds back.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 05:24:56 PM

I don't want to pester Matthewh3 or Nefario, I just want to know where am I supposed to submit my data to have my funds back.

Based on Mattewh3 or Nefario's claim, Nefario are working on such system.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Dalkore (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 05:55:25 PM

Bottomline is that you will need to contact Nefario being that he was CEO.   As for Matthewh3, I wouldn't of posted this if he didn't come out and start making semi-official updates on GBLSE & Nefario's behalf.   

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4453

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 06:03:44 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2012, 06:28:49 PM by franky1

GBLSE uses bitcoins... so has nothing to do with america for the part of money laundering, unless they received dollars direct to the GBLSE site.
GBLSE would only be done for funding terrorists if they had stock listings saying (as a joke) 'terrorist fund'

the CEO is based in UK so its not US S.E.C that would have threatened him (if a threat even happened), the UK financial services authority only regulate its own members that they have approved. so they wont threaten him either.

it is other financial institutions that investigate non FSA approved financial dealing companies, such as the national fraud intelligence bureau which is part of the UK police force. and the UK financial intelliagence unit http://www.soca.gov.uk/about-soca/the-uk-financial-intelligence-unit (part of the UK serious organised crime agency SOCA)

either way FIAT was not dealt with so US or UK wont care.. its more likely bitpay, bit instant and all the other BTC to fiat services would be at risk then a stock exchange using something legally similiar to facebook credits..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Evolvex

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 06:07:12 PM

I'll have to sub this one I reckon, can this be ongoing until everyones got sorted?

URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 06:16:32 PM

SEC = USA
Nefario is in England

This.
I'm also UK-based - the FSA is just as neutered as the SEC is when it comes to big banks (read: sponsors of big political parties) but if the SEC wants you investigated for something it's pretty much a given that the FSA will act as their puppet.

Look at Dot Com.  USA has a wide reach.  Julian Assange is next.
danster82

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 09:20:53 PM

This is exactly the point, regardless of whos right or wrong or whats happened or not, the way this has been handle is completely incompetent.

Users get no email notification, no contact details, no update status nothing, just left hanging, its as if your asking for legal action because your leaving users with no other option.
Ive contacted their only email and had no reply, what else is there to do?
Graet
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 04:14:58 AM

This is exactly the point, regardless of whos right or wrong or whats happened or not, the way this has been handle is completely incompetent.

+1

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 04:23:55 AM

The phone number is correct. I know because I just gave him a call (Cool), and he said users funds will be available ~six hours after he wakes up.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=115669.msg1254986#msg1254986

Let's see if there's any further information goes up about claiming funds in the next 12 hours or so.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
senor_coconut

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

a big question mark

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 10:16:50 AM

The phone number is correct. I know because I just gave him a call (Cool), and he said users funds will be available ~six hours after he wakes up.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=115669.msg1254986#msg1254986

Let's see if there's any further information goes up about claiming funds in the next 12 hours or so.

Hummm... sounds like Nefario's in a deep sleep mode...

Well, I'm not too worried after all I didn't have much in GLBSE and knew it was risky business.

If, on the other hand, I was Mr. James McCarthy... had my personal details splattered on the web after running away with a few thousand BTC... then maybe I wouldn't be able to sleep, coz someone might come-a-knockin...
fbastage

Activity: 367
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 02:32:18 PM

GBLSE uses bitcoins... so has nothing to do with america for the part of money laundering, unless they received dollars direct to the GBLSE site.

either way FIAT was not dealt with so US or UK wont care..

If Americans were sending funds (value in the form of btc, not fiat), the SEC will care.  If Americans were or complain about being scammed, they will care.  If unregulated securities were being marketed and sold to Americans, they will care.

You (or I) might disagree with them about if their jurisdiction or interest in this matter, but that won't stop them from acting or supporting their counterparts in the UK or elsewhere in action.

And they'll be able to sell their involvement pretty easily to most people with the 'terrorism' word (which seems pretty nutty to me) or money laundering concerns (more plausible).

I don't like this any more than you do, but the idea that the US, UK, or other nations won't intervene or care is likely wrong.
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 07:07:08 PM

GLBSE also states now:

Update:we will begin processing account closures and returning bitcoin later today.

I also heard from Garr in irc that he spoke to Nefario and that the funds would start being returned today.  It is 8 PM in London right now.  I am not sure what later today means then.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: