Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:00:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I would like to accept bitcoins at my clinic  (Read 1491 times)
Isbadd (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 05:36:12 PM

Can someone help me get set up to begin accepting bitcoins at my alternate health clinic?  I have services and product available.

Thank you in advance,

The website for my clinic is www.harmonyhealth.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
w0mbat

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 06:19:16 PM

well, if u just want to be able to accept bitcoins all you need is a bitcoin wallet.

the easiest way is to open up a account @ https://www.mybitcoin.com/
its totally free and after signing up you have a wallet address.

now, if someone wants to pay you with bitcoins you simply tell him to transfer the amount to this bitcoin address.

*** http://btcxc.info/  <->  Your source for everything around trading & mining Bitcoins! ***
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 06:32:06 PM

well, if u just want to be able to accept bitcoins all you need is a bitcoin wallet.

the easiest way is to open up a account @ https://www.mybitcoin.com/

There is also some additional information from here:
  http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Merchant_Howto

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Isbadd (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 06:46:40 PM

OK, got that done.  Now I need a way to tell my patient's about bitcoin so they can start paying me this way!
spleeder

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 06:56:21 PM

I'm glad to see that bitcoin is spreading in such diverse markets.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 07:01:50 PM

OK, got that done.  Now I need a way to tell my patient's about bitcoin so they can start paying me this way!

Someone was selling Bitcoin stickers a couple months ago, including the kind that can be used by a business to subtlely notify customers in the know.  I don't know if they are still available.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
AbeSkray

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 08:15:46 PM

Someone was selling Bitcoin stickers a couple months ago, including the kind that can be used by a business to subtlely notify customers in the know.  I don't know if they are still available.

I think you're talking about Current-C? Here's the product page for the "Buy it with Bitcoins" sticker.
Isbadd (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 08:16:59 PM

The hardest thing I have run into so far today, is getting some bitcoins into my account.  Mt Gox wants direct access to my checking account.  My paypal has access and I'm not sure I want to send over those numbers to another site.  I guess I should research mt gox a bit more..
Anonymous

June 03, 2011, 08:46:49 PM

The hardest thing I have run into so far today, is getting some bitcoins into my account.  Mt Gox wants direct access to my checking account.  My paypal has access and I'm not sure I want to send over those numbers to another site.  I guess I should research mt gox a bit more..
Well, there is Dwolla, a different payment processor you can use to get Bitcoins from MtGox.

Anyways, I swear on my integrity that MtGox is a reputable organization.
Isbadd (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 09:22:45 PM

Thank you.  A man's word is his honor until proven otherwise, I appreciate your words.
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 09:33:41 PM

I'll second that, Mt. Gox is reputable, don't worry Smiley

If you just want to write a check, PM me and it can be arranged. Basically, you can mail me a check, I will proxy buy bitcoins for you for a small fee, and everyone's happy Smiley

-Garrett
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: