Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:43:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why different? 360MH/s on GUIMiner = 170MH/s on Deepbit?  (Read 1103 times)
Bitconian (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 06:46:58 PM

Hi,
I just started to mine with GUIMiner and I've added 2 pools, Mt.Red and DeepBit. (I'm pretty new on these programs, so please, bear with me Smiley) I also have installed the Miner Status app for android.

So, on GUIMiner, I got:

Deepbit 360MH/s
      Mt.Red 325MH/s

But on my app I see this:

Deepbit 220MH/s
      Mt.Red 170MH/s

Also, I checked my worker on Mt.Red and also says 170MH/s.... what's wrong? which one is "lying" to me? My GUIMiner? the pools? the apps?

You can make me smile Smiley
1GEUEBTm6XfRuqAswrR6LbofnMq6VN5A5P
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 07:26:54 PM

Its possible the android app is bloatware, uses inefficient algorithms or is written in a slower programming language to a point where it causes your machine to run slower.

Memory and instructions per second (ipc) are both limited resources and monitoring apps which consume a high enough proportion of it can leave less available resources for your miner resulting in degradation of overall performance.
jps44

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 01:59:55 PM

Your hash rates at the pools are estimated based on shares submitted.
So either you just need to wait a bit for the estimate to be updated or for some reason the pools are not getting your shares.

Chances are miner status is not the problem. It just reads from the pool json stats.
AwkwardSituation

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 03:35:37 PM

Yeah, most sites average your hashrate over say the last 5, 10, 15, 20 rounds.  So if you weren't running full speed for all those rounds then you'll see a truncated hashrate. 

Leave your rig running for a day or two and you'll see a realistic hashrate. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: