Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:27:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Noob question about getting a loan with collateral  (Read 1161 times)
tlictdig (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 04:01:26 AM

Hi,

I apologise in advance if this question is already answered in exisiting posts or seems really obiouvus.  I have been searching for the answer but van't find it.

As a noob here, can someone tell me how I can ask for a loan using domains as collateral?

Thanks  Smiley
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3066

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 04:19:20 AM

Hi,

I apologise in advance if this question is already answered in exisiting posts or seems really obiouvus.  I have been searching for the answer but van't find it.

As a noob here, can someone tell me how I can ask for a loan using domains as collateral?

Thanks  Smiley

Most domain names are not worth the money it took to register them.

If you have a domain you think is worthy, post it and ask how much collateral you could get for it.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Panthers52

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 04:32:28 AM

If you want to use something illiquid like a domain, then you should off domains that are worth many times more then the loan amount, probably at least 4-5x (for a domain that is truly worth $500, you can probably only get a $100 loan using it as collateral).

I can advise you that in most cases any loan request that involves the use of domains as collateral is mot probably going to be a scam attempt. Lenders should not accept accept domains as collateral unless they are intimately familiar with the domain market.

PGP 827D2A60

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
tlictdig (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 05:07:02 AM

Thanks for the reply guys,  how do I determine the value of a domain?  Sorry for the questions, I'm trying to learn properly before diving in to something I don't understand.

Greentree

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 09:15:43 AM

Thanks for the reply guys,  how do I determine the value of a domain?  Sorry for the questions, I'm trying to learn properly before diving in to something I don't understand.

The value of the domain is subjective. You can use www.freevaluator.com,www.siteprice.org to check. The tagged price is only for your reference but whether the lenders will recognize their value is not guaranteed.
Pro Gamers

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

morir es descansar

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 10:01:48 AM

I have too a noob question, what benefits of domain names as collateral? I mean like bct account you can simply sell them higher than the loaned amount of the owner which subject to be defaulted and you gain profits. Will it be the same? I will consider domains as collateral if i can sell them.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 10:09:22 AM

I have too a noob question, what benefits of domain names as collateral? I mean like bct account you can simply sell them higher than the loaned amount of the owner which subject to be defaulted and you gain profits. Will it be the same? I will consider domains as collateral if i can sell them.

that's the whole point of collateral. to be liquidated when the borrower defaulted on the loan.
so yes.
Pro Gamers

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

morir es descansar

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 10:23:55 AM

that's the whole point of collateral. to be liquidated when the borrower defaulted on the loan.
so yes.

Can i sell them easy as bct account does?

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 10:30:43 AM

Can i sell them easy as bct account does?

I have no idea (saying just so the other users can answer you instead).
though I know that most domain names prices are just estimates. so it might be a bit tough trying to sell it for a high price.
ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:55:33 PM

If you want to use a domain as collateral then you have to transfer it to a trusted escrow. If you can't repay the loan back the escrow will transfer the domain to the lender.
Ceizer54

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:38:33 AM

Hi,

Thanks  Smiley
You can obviously ask for loan providing domain is collateral only if the loan you are asking is less then $8 becuase value of collateral must be minimum equal to the loan value or high (preferred)
You can provide anything for loan as long as it's valid and have value..The best collateral would be altcoins (stable one's).
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:59:23 AM

You can check here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1144224.0
Personally I have not availed those services. But I offer loan in some other sites. If you find this service useful, please share your experience here. That would be more helpful for other loan seekers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: