Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:14:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's make a chart showing where most BTC usage is in the USA!  (Read 614 times)
Trance (OP)

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 07:29:01 AM

Something like this would be great to see in regards to Bitcoin!

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-each-state-contributes-to-the-us-economy-2015-9?utm_content=buffer04442&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 09:19:38 AM

You mean something like this
blended with something like this?
nagatlakshmi

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 02:31:39 AM

Wow, great resources S4VV4S.  This is the first time I have seen these both sites.  Thank you very much for sharing.

abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 02:49:50 AM

I sell on OTC direct to buyers thousands of trades.  Meccas, I would consider:

Florida
Texas
Georga

Everywhere else, including California and New York, demand is very moderate.
S4VV4S

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 10:29:11 AM

Wow, great resources S4VV4S.  This is the first time I have seen these both sites.  Thank you very much for sharing.

You're welcome Smiley
GriffinHeart

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 11:05:12 AM

But why?
America sucks it's own enough already, let's skip the whole 'Murica chart and make a website to chart each country and their usages.

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 12:55:30 PM

You mean something like http://fiatleak.com

Is fiatleak only counting the buy orders? Or the net change in realtime?

Because if it counts only buy orders then it sucks, because the same amount of sell orders happen too (thats why the price doesnt change), so its very misleading.

maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 12:58:15 PM

Would be great to have something like that but... How would it be done? perhaps you can count Bitcoin users in this forum with a post in which everyone said the state they are in?

manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 02:12:45 PM

Because if it counts only buy orders then it sucks, because the same amount of sell orders happen too (thats why the price doesnt change), so its very misleading.

I've posted this before and got told once that that website is not very accurate and was somewhat "rigged". Could someone explain exactly why fiatleak.com is not legitimate? i've tried to find a good explanation for this but I can't find anything convincing, it seems pretty legit to me, its just taking data from the exchanges right?
RealBitcoin

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 02:19:46 PM

I've posted this before and got told once that that website is not very accurate and was somewhat "rigged". Could someone explain exactly why fiatleak.com is not legitimate? i've tried to find a good explanation for this but I can't find anything convincing, it seems pretty legit to me, its just taking data from the exchanges right?

I didnt said that its not legitimate, i said it's misleading.

Becuase it only counts BUY orders, but not SELL orders.

If one guy buy 1 BTC, but then sells it at other price, then the net change is +0 BTC, but this site shows it as +1.

If the BTC buy orders would grow by that much, then the price would move up too. The only reason why BTC price is not growing is because the same amount gets bid up than asked down.

S4VV4S

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 02:26:43 PM

If one guy buy 1 BTC, but then sells it at other price, then the net change is +0 BTC, but this site shows it as +1.

If the BTC buy orders would grow by that much, then the price would move up too. The only reason why BTC price is not growing is because the same amount gets bid up than asked down.

I am a little confused.
When a person does a BUY order that means another person made a SELL order.
Counting both as different would probably be misleading and false, not?
So counting only BUY orders should be correct, right?
RealBitcoin

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 05:57:56 PM

I am a little confused.
When a person does a BUY order that means another person made a SELL order.
Counting both as different would probably be misleading and false, not?
So counting only BUY orders should be correct, right?

All buy orders are sell orders too obviously. There are 2 sides, 1 guy buys another sells.

But what I mean, and this is how the market mechanism moves the price, is that if a BUY order happens, then the ASK's get hit and if the quantity is bigger than the available supply at that price level then the price moves up to the next ASK.

That site only counts in BUY orders, as when a guy puts a BID at the same price as the available ASK, however if he sells it back at the same ASK level, another guy will buy it via BID, thus 2 buys happened for 1 BTC, but the price stayed exactly the same.

It is funny because if the demand is not rising, and only a few speculators swap BTC, you can have 1 million BTC buys show up on that site and the price doesnt necessarly have to move a muscle.

So that information is totally useless.

Agaguk24

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

Extended Reality Advertising

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 07:29:06 PM

I brought the family to Atlantic City; I was telling them how the US is ahead of the game when it comes to Bitcoin - only to find out on arrival that i did not encounter even one single "Bitcoin accepted here" sign. Not even one bitcoin ATM machine - so I was pretty disappointed and looked like a liar to my kids...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: