Bitcoin Forum
October 08, 2024, 03:15:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KNC NEPTUNE controlling board doesn't see the cubes  (Read 3942 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465

Clueless!

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 02:03:55 AM

I will try to instal different versions from KNC and also contact GenTarkin for his version maybe it will work.

About SDimage : I didnt make the SD image bcs knc support also sent me a instruction how to renew soft and it was as described on the knc web, so I assume that controlling board programming is different on Neptune and Titan.

Don't install GenTarkin's firmware, it is for Titan only.

You are correct, the programming procedure is very different between Neptune and Titan.

If you have tried connecting only 1 cube at a time, trying each port on the green controller board, then that board is dead and needs repaired or replaced. KnC has told plenty of people to waste their tion other things, but as soon as they replaced the controller...viola!

It's always the same story too. Your miner was working fine, then all the sudden your cubes disappear. If you rule out a faulty cube, then it's the green controller board. Sad

Edit: I just noticed that you have a cube plugged into that left side header. Did that actually work before? As far as I know, you should only be using the top headers.

Spent some extra time experimenting with the boards, as was advised by more experienced users.
Turned out that the BBB part from a not working controlling board (upper smaller), works just fine with the knc pcb(bigger lower) from another, working good controlling board.

So it's definitely sure now - the issue is with the knc pcb part of the controller.

And there is no other way but to start a WTB thread for a knc controlling board.

If anyone will hear about someone selling that controlling board hit me plz)

not sure I follow ..but do you mean the bbb black is the problem? You can replace that...if by above you mean the other pcb controller works with your bbb on the unit
that is trouble and not vice versa yeah ....it is the knc pcb

get a magnifying glass look at power leads on the knc pcb board where it connects..and any other trace you can see ....look for a break (hairline) if so you maybe could
re-flow the solder to cover such a break ...stuff like that...some folk will have better ideas to check

try the whole works with the LCD screen pulled out and unused on a port at one time I heard of one guy that said that worked .but not sure if it was just because it
was no longer in or he used that port also (hard to remember on old knc forums)

i also had problems with 1 psu vs another psu on the 2 cubes per titan..try a different power lead from the controller board to the other psu see if that helps also (long shot)

again all that comes to mind...others on here have more electronics expertise now that it is down to the board only (i assume you can or have tested the cubes on the other working
controller and it all works) at least maybe some others with electronics skills can help you look for obvious other things you may be able to tweak/check/fix

(or you have extra working titan cubes you can sell them to me)Smiley (by the way have nerd stuff i could swap too...i'm such a geek) Smiley

anyway all that comes to mind ...but i'd empty the LCD screen slot .it will work just fine without it in ...and you could get lucky....

(stuff is soooo flaky and confusing in knc universe)

You hell right with those shady parts from KnC.
The issue is not with bbb board, it is the KnC part of the controller.
All controlling boards of my sets are without LCD screens, I just tried once to plug a cube on that connector(after the board was already not operating).
Also was looking at the board with magnifying glass and didn't find anything suspicious, the boards look like new))
Anyway I will be buying them soon, and definitely will buy myself an extra spare one, just in case to have it;)

well at least with a neppie you can just buy a board from a used jupiter/saturn/mercury or other neptune and get the beast up

I have a titan my board goes I'm soooooooo screwed.......

only thing that comes to mind is 're-seat' the bbb in the bad board really check the connections etc ...same for the power lead from the psu to the board
only thing left that comes to mind...perhaps the pins that the bbb push into are funky?

well anyway i see some more jupiter boards on ebay you can grap...i'd just do that and sell the broke one on ebay ..hell you'd prob get 1/2 price from some
electronics guy who thinks he can fix it or wants to try for the challenge Smiley

good luck

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Romanko (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 11:16:13 AM

well at least with a neppie you can just buy a board from a used jupiter/saturn/mercury or other neptune and get the beast up

only thing that comes to mind is 're-seat' the bbb in the bad board really check the connections etc ...same for the power lead from the psu to the board
only thing left that comes to mind...perhaps the pins that the bbb push into are funky?

well anyway i see some more jupiter boards on ebay you can grap...i'd just do that and sell the broke one on ebay ..hell you'd prob get 1/2 price from some
electronics guy who thinks he can fix it or wants to try for the challenge Smiley

good luck

Thanks , I will need that luck))

I already bought one Neptune controlling board on eBay for a 100 usd, and also going in for one from Jupiter soon. Hope they will arrive soon and will be fully functional.

Best advice for us all knc owners is to have an extra board, just in case;)

And you are right - the pins on the knc board part are really funky..they really soft

After I give up on trying on mine two not working boards will be selling them to some enthusiasts))
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465

Clueless!

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 11:18:54 AM

good luck

Thanks , I will need that luck))

I already bought one Neptune controlling board on eBay for a 100 usd, and also going in for one from Jupiter soon. Hope they will arrive soon and will be fully functional.

Best advice for us all knc owners is to have an extra board, just in case;)

And you are right - the pins on the knc board part are really funky..they really soft

After I give up on trying on mine two not working boards will be selling them to some enthusiasts))

after you get the working boards up there has to be an electronics guy in your area....walk the board or boards that are broke by him...maybe you'd get lucky
depends on his price for looking..not like you can make them NOT work any less Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: