Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:52:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012-10-07 digitaljournal.com - Op-Ed: How safe is Bitcoin?  (Read 988 times)
julz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 11:15:36 PM

Op-Ed: How safe is Bitcoin?

Alexander Baron
2012-10-07

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/334357

Bitcoin has been hailed as the end of state controlled money. Although it has been around since 2008, it hasn't yet caught on. Will it, and more importantly, is it safe to use?

Whether or not this is a bad thing is beside the point, obviously where serious fraud is involved - as in the Asil Nadir case - or perhaps a civil case in which a plaintiff has obtained a substantial judgment, it is only fit and proper that the authorities should be able to trace and seize the assets of an individual or a company.

Whether or not you agree with that statement, and whether or not Bitcoin does turn out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, remember and learn from the rise and fall of E-Gold. And all the suckers who lost money through it.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 01:05:28 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2012, 01:39:16 PM by Akka

Despite from having bitcoin in its name, this article has absolutely nothing to do with bitcoin.

It's basically some self proclaimed "reporter" whining about how he got scammed with e-gold.

He isn't even bother to inform himself about bitcoin.

The right name for this article would be "How I got scammed with e-gold and now think every internet thing is a scam"

Really not worth reading (I want my 5 minutes back!)

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2012, 01:26:18 PM

Despite from having bitcoin in its name, this article has absolutely nothing to do with bitcoin.

It's basically some self proclaimed "reporter" whining about haw he got scammed with e-gold.

He isn't even bother to inform himself about bitcoin.

The right name for this article would be "How I got scammed with e-gold and now thing every internet thing is a scam"

Really not worth reading (I want my 5 minutes back!)

Thanks, you can have 1 minute from me as I didn't lost any thanks to your post  Grin

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: