Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:14:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-09-04] Bitcoin Debit Card Provider E-Coin Makes A Huge Splash In Morocco  (Read 658 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 04:33:34 PM

Bitcoin is on a slow march to become a more globally used virtual currency and the latest area of the globe where an impact is being made is Morocco.  According to an E-Coin representative, 15% of the website traffic for this Bitcoin debit card provider is coming from Morocco and quite a few people are signing up for their debit card service.

http://digitalmoneytimes.com/crypto-news/bitcoin-debit-card-provider-e-coin-makes-huge-splash-morocco/
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 08:04:30 AM

WOW top 1000 websites in Morocco is from e-coin. I would like to know what that is all about? Good to see traction though.

As far as I'm told, lots of people are flocking to Bitcoin and debit cards there to avoid capital controls.

No further details were provided for now though.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 09:25:33 AM

Pretty interesting. But what is the reason? And furthermore I would like to see some more stats proving this. Is there an actual inner crisis going on or something like that?
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 12:38:39 PM

As far as I'm told, lots of people are flocking to Bitcoin and debit cards there to avoid capital controls.

No further details were provided for now though.

this is really interesting, if you have some news about why is this happend i will be interested on read it.

from the post:

One of the main reasons why E-Coin’s Bitcoin debit card is getting so much interest from Moroccan citizens is due to the fact it is not linked to one particular bank.

jeje maybe they just "Wake up" Wink

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: