Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:49:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone wants to pay me 3.0 BTC to tattoo my wallets QR code on my neck!  (Read 3445 times)
Trance (OP)

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 05:29:10 PM

What do you think! I have never received a tattoo in my life and it's somewhat against my families German / Polish culture!

But if there's one thing I would tattoo it would probably be my wallets QR code or the BTC symbol or the "POWER" sign we all see on our computers ON/OFF Button Smiley

Discuss!

If you post something interested please share your BTC (or any other form of cryptocurrency address for a generous donation <3)

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 05:33:09 PM

I don't think it's a good idea... You should think wisely before getting it. What if you lose the private key to the address? Cheesy It would be really silly.

Also, the neck is a very visible part. Most tattooers will not tattoo someone without any tattoo on visible places like the neck, face or hands (for various reasons, the main one being people like that aren't really deep into the tattoo culture and don't really understand the implications of getting one).

Besides, 3 BTC is too low for such a thing Cheesy
cozk

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 06:08:11 PM

Don't do it.

Its retarded.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 06:15:51 PM

Why would somebody pay You to get a tattoo like that? Doesn't make sense to me.. :p what is in it for him?
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 06:32:28 PM

Why would somebody pay You to get a tattoo like that? Doesn't make sense to me.. :p what is in it for him?

Maybe having the tattooer tattoing a QR code from the guy paying the 3 coins without the OP knowing? Cheesy
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 06:36:28 PM

Not the neck. I'd put one on like my leg though

maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 07:14:09 PM

3 BTC is not much for something that would last in your skin a lifetime and that would get your family angry. It is not worth it at all. I would not do it if I were you, not even for 30 BTC.

Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 07:22:03 PM

3 BTC is not much for something that would last in your skin a lifetime and that would get your family angry. It is not worth it at all. I would not do it if I were you, not even for 30 BTC.
3BTC is not much? Would you say the same in December 2013 when it was worth 4 times what it is now? The price is relative.
It's still more than the cost of doing the tattoo and later removing it. I'd do it in his place.

chrisvl
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 07:23:33 PM

What do you think! I have never received a tattoo in my life and it's somewhat against my families German / Polish culture!

But if there's one thing I would tattoo it would probably be my wallets QR code or the BTC symbol or the "POWER" sign we all see on our computers ON/OFF Button Smiley

Discuss!

If you post something interested please share your BTC (or any other form of cryptocurrency address for a generous donation <3)
Don't do it Trance

Trance (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 08:12:07 PM

I don't think it's a good idea... You should think wisely before getting it. What if you lose the private key to the address? Cheesy It would be really silly.

Also, the neck is a very visible part. Most tattooers will not tattoo someone without any tattoo on visible places like the neck, face or hands (for various reasons, the main one being people like that aren't really deep into the tattoo culture and don't really understand the implications of getting one).

Besides, 3 BTC is too low for such a thing Cheesy

When you get a tattoo I don't think they care where you have it done as long as you're paying for it, after all the customer is always right Smiley

Trance (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 08:13:25 PM

Breaking my rule of never ever getting a tattoo!

I agree the back of the neck is the most outrageous spot!

I was getting an MRI done a few weeks ago and some girl had her ink stripped off her skin during an MRI (apparently the ink had trace amounts of metals within)

#IHateTattoos!

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 08:16:54 PM

even it is quite retarded idea, you should know, that some tattoos on some parts of body are also "work preventing" and you may not be hired because of them. and yes, neck as visible part is example of it.

if you can't resist, do it on shoulder, leg, chest or arm..
runpaint

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 08:30:33 PM

I don't think tattoos are a good idea, but I guess it could be useful to have your receiving address handy in case anyone wants to send you some money.  If the picture of your tattoo gets passed around the internet, people will probably tip you for it using the QR code.

But then it also kind of seems like you're getting labeled with a slave number.  Even our current banking system doesn't stamp itself onto people's bodies.

I think people focus too much on getting the tattoo, and not enough on having the tattoo the rest of their lives.

You're thinking it's 3btc, a little pain, and then it will be over with.  But it won't be over.  It will be there next year, and 10 years from now, and every year until you die.  If it was 3btc to do something once, that would be different.  But this is 3btc for a 50-year contract.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 08:30:40 PM

This is retarded. I wouldn't do it, and it's not even some huge sum for what you have to do. I mean only 3 BTCs.

Also what will you do if Bitcoin doesn't succeed, this would be a painful reminder of the failure. On the other side, what if Bitcoin technology changes in the future, and QR codes become obsolete. Than you would have a useless QR code on the back of your neck.

Just don't do it!
gonzalez3

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 08:31:51 PM

I wouldnt do it for a mere 3.0 bitcoin if it was 10+ then I would consider it and I would do it for 20+ no doubt in my minds
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 08:51:13 PM

When you get a tattoo I don't think they care where you have it done as long as you're paying for it, after all the customer is always right Smiley

Not quite. But yes, there may be less professional tattoo parlors where you can probably get whatever you want if you pay (they'll probably be cheaper too).

I think people focus too much on getting the tattoo, and not enough on having the tattoo the rest of their lives.

Precisely!

You're thinking it's 3btc, a little pain, and then it will be over with.  But it won't be over.  It will be there next year, and 10 years from now, and every year until you die.  If it was 3btc to do something once, that would be different.  But this is 3btc for a 50-year contract.

Another very good point.

Also what will you do if Bitcoin doesn't succeed, this would be a painful reminder of the failure. On the other side, what if Bitcoin technology changes in the future, and QR codes become obsolete. Than you would have a useless QR code on the back of your neck.

And there's another excellent post...
Cxinbolen

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 08:55:13 PM

Aren't there some tattoo stations that fade off after a while? Just do one of those.
nuser1307

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 08:55:44 PM

What's the point in wrecking your skin which you would of never thought about doing before for a mere 3 bitcoin? 3 bitcoin whats that a month or two work....that tatoo will last for ever
renegade07

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 08:57:46 PM

Aren't there some tattoo stations that fade off after a while? Just do one of those.

Sounds like something your mates would tell you whilst you are drunk and then you wake up the following morning and have to face the music

DONT do it OP
BBee

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 01:01:48 AM

Sounds interesting. I would do it for that sum of btc. It will take me more than a month of full time 8 hours job, so why not get consider it  Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: