Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:39:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [meh]  (Read 1106 times)
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 12:10:26 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2012, 09:50:42 AM by bitcoin.me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 12:27:04 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2012, 12:38:10 AM by markm

I saw the movie Boiler Room, how hard can it be really to become a broker? Wink Smiley

(Harder than it was back in the days depicted in the movie?)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 01:52:21 AM

Hmm, came across "persons that operate or control electronic or other platforms to trade securities;"

at http://www.sec.gov/divisions/marketreg/bdguide.htm

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 03:09:21 AM

I have explained the following numerous times in various places so here is how a bitcoin "stock market" can fit within the legal system.

A bitcoin pink sheets market is possible where a registered broker  can sell to the public. Unregistered companies can't however sell their shares directly to the public.

http://www.sec.gov/divisions/marketreg/mrotc.shtml

Most issuers do not meet the minimum listing requirements for trading on a national securities exchange. Many of these companies do not file periodic reports or audited financial statements with the SEC

Its not the fact glbse listed unregulated companies its the fact they didnt use a registered financial broker to sell them to people.

GLBSE could in fact register as a legal entity then have a broker to sell the companies.

Whether this is viable is another thing wrt finding an existing broker. You may also need a broker in each different country you operate in.

The other option is for a bitcoin company to list on the existing pink sheets market however you probably wont be able to buy the shares with bitcoin or receive bitcoin dividends unless a broker sets up some system to do so.

Other than being one of the people that perpetuated the GLBSE fraud, what exact qualifications back this indubitably correct and well thought out plan you propose (in the sense all the other things you people did were correct and well thought out, of course)?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 03:26:55 AM

I have explained the following numerous times in various places so here is how a bitcoin "stock market" can fit within the legal system.

A bitcoin pink sheets market is possible where a registered broker  can sell to the public. Unregistered companies can't however sell their shares directly to the public.

http://www.sec.gov/divisions/marketreg/mrotc.shtml

Most issuers do not meet the minimum listing requirements for trading on a national securities exchange. Many of these companies do not file periodic reports or audited financial statements with the SEC

Its not the fact glbse listed unregulated companies its the fact they didnt use a registered financial broker to sell them to people.

GLBSE could in fact register as a legal entity then have a broker to sell the companies.

Whether this is viable is another thing wrt finding an existing broker. You may also need a broker in each different country you operate in.

The other option is for a bitcoin company to list on the existing pink sheets market however you probably wont be able to buy the shares with bitcoin or receive bitcoin dividends unless a broker sets up some system to do so.

Other than being one of the people that perpetuated the GLBSE fraud, what exact qualifications back this indubitably correct and well thought out plan you propose (in the sense all the other things you people did were correct and well thought out, of course)?

Typically they dont come after people arent the actual operator and GLBSE isnt a fraud it is winding down.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 04:40:50 PM

Typically they dont come after people arent the actual operator and GLBSE isnt a fraud it is winding down.

Obviously have to quote this for later, given your track record of deleting things.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: