Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:42:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AlcheMiner/MAT New Firmware and BFGMiner port!  (Read 5257 times)
jan4ule

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 03:56:07 PM

How replace JSON_PRETTY_PRINT with 128? Thanks
cisA

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 03:00:48 AM

i use minera every day with no lag btw jat i sent him a copy of the firmware free if he had paid me any thing i would given it to you i told him not to , i hope that was ok.
Thanks again :-)
I want to pay jstefanop for his awesome work, but he dont answer to my messages  Undecided
And i have problem with install.sh and autostart,sh ... The files dont exist. So i cant leave the MAT alone and have to stay on SSH connection and everytime open terminal.
Cant leave it without terminate bfg,

and setting the difficulty to 8192 all the time ( i found anything lower or higher it doesn't like ) and hashes bad .
I make the experience, than every pool works with another workdiff better. litecoinpool.org 32k , clevermining 16k (on KNC Port 3444) and with low poolhashrate works the miner on 65k workdiff better.
With 8k i dont get the full hashrate and get 2% rejected. With >16k i going under <1% rejected.

and power cables from each board to the PSU, i had to many issue with the patch cables it had

Very important information! I make it too, also i inverse the air direction and without the patchcable i can placed the fans straight on the heatsink. For reducing noise level every fan got an NTC Resistor.

btc-e.com ->
" eksperteille: vitalik please hardfuck once more"
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 07:37:47 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2016, 08:10:42 AM by toptek

I tiried all those ports at first and now end up  using it at

Code:
d=8192
my boards work well or seem to like that setting best, no board is doing 12 MN while the rest do 32 MH if I use that differently setting as part of my set up . I tested it a lot  and it all most worthless to over clock them with the new firmware beyond
Code:
-set ALC:clock=320
tried a few times at max 352 it worked for while then shut down and i had lots of  cool air blowing on the boards,  it gets  some really strange high HW errors then say some thing about floating point limit reached in BFG then stops mining till it's shuts off or reset with the clocks at 320, so i leave it there and have no issue at all . and the firmware acttly works another way or has so far for me if i have the fans off it will shut down if it gets to hot after 12 mins and has so far every time @ 12 mins,  i tested it . so with the update it seems it can't over heat and burn out the boards Jat did some nice work fixing the manufacturer mistakes .

And i have problem with install.sh and autostart,sh ..

are you using the MAT controller if so that why . let me find that post how to fix it .
you have to change stuff  on that controller if  you replaced it with the new BFG or other GUI after you flashed the boards according to what Jat said on the old lite coin forums all that controller is a watered version of a raspberry PI  once you over write the old software you have to change some paths and other stuff on that controller ,I'm using my own controller with custom plugs to a USB 3.0 self powered Hub plugged into a Cubieboard PI running either minera or just BFG with Ubuntu 16.04.1 .

hey can you post Screens shots of that fan set up, i might try it to cut down even more on noise and run them cooler .

here's my post about how to use it with a custom PI or your own controller .

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1468120.0

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
cisA

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 08:30:05 PM

Yes, i use the MAT Controller until i get my ROI, than i invest time and money in Raspi-Solving. Actually iam trying/playing with LM317 IC with Temp-Sensor to controll fanspeed...

This question i have too :-)
Can you please answer
Code:
How replace JSON_PRETTY_PRINT with 128? Thanks

btc-e.com ->
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 09:18:39 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2016, 09:33:59 PM by toptek

here is about that start.sh issue im looking for the post were  some one loaded minera on one of those controller and  explained kind of  how to replace it  ,

for the start.sh issue  

https://archive.litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=27370.msg286291#msg286291

Make sure your running exactly

sudo ./start.sh   ...it needs the sudo

also type ldd bfgminer in bdfminer dirrectory

I think your missing one of the libraries. Its a hidden file inside the libbkmaker folder so make sure you do a recursive copy of the folder I gave you otherwise all the needed files wont copy over.

If your still haveing issues just PM me your box info and I can SSH into and check it out for you.  

or

@marvel logged into your box via your VPN and the issue was you somehow changed permission on the files...thats why it was not working. I copied over a fresh install and its up and running now! Just log into the screen session and quit the running instance and edit start.sh with your pool info and just start it back up with sudo ./start.sh.
this might help with the print thing  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1171007.msg12984898#msg12984898

Now the one tricky part, you need to replace JSON_PRETTY_PRINT with 128, you can search to find the files using this string:

Code:

Code:
grep -r --include \*.php "JSON_PRETTY_PRINT" .

As of right now, that's these files (ignore matches in the logs directory):

application/models/util_model.php
application/controllers/app.php
application/views/settings.php

other wise sorry don't know have yet to have to, only remember reading about it .

Or ask

MarkAz Smiley .

once you know what file to copy use the cp command something this like this i guess

cp the file  /application/models/util_model.php
cp the file  /application/controllers/app.php
cp the file  /application/views/settings.php

I'm guessing at this point .

cisA

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 10:06:41 AM

Thank you, i try it today.

Can you please answer what means "128" ? :-)

btc-e.com ->
cisA

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 02:02:06 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2016, 08:00:39 PM by cisA

I Installed minera now again and get the same issue, that minera dont want save any changes and the saving popup dont going away. And all files are in the right destination... why i have replace anything? Otherwise on the startpage i have JSON errors.

So, i got one Minera to running on the MAT, what are cleaned from Python Miner.
But i have Problems with the MAT, which dont cleaned by me. The *** python miner grabing the hashboard before minera can do this and because minera, i cant go to the python miner to terminate this... Another problem with minera is, that an reboot is like lotto, you dont know what will be happened with minera, once its dead and needed to be reinstall, once all savings are deleted, once it changed to cpuminer, once my pools are changed to the donation pools...

And by the MAT, which is with running minera, i miss 60mh/s...  

Commandline bfgminer is still the best Cheesy

btc-e.com ->
cisA

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 05:25:08 PM

JSTEFANOP

Please come back. I, and many more, need your help for install.sh problem on the stock controller  Sad

btc-e.com ->
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 05:55:32 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2016, 06:39:07 PM by toptek

I Installed minera now again and get the same issue, that minera dont want save any changes and the saving popup dont going away. And all files are in the right destination... why i have replace anything? Otherwise on the startpage i have JSON errors.

So, i got one Minera to running on the MAT, what are cleaned from Python Miner.
But i have Problems with the MAT, which dont cleaned by me. The *** python miner grabing the hashboard before minera can do this and because minera, i cant go to the python miner to terminate this... Another problem with minera is, that an reboot is like lotto, you dont know what will be happened with minera, once its dead and needed to be reinstall, once all savings are deleted, once it changed to cpuminer, once my pools are changed to the donation pools...

And by the MAT, which is with running minera, i miss 60mh/s...  

Commandline bfgminer is still the best Cheesy

actually it's the same with mniera or not the problem if you not willing to give it shot it with any PI type controller make you own your USB->UART dongles and run it with  a good  usb 2 or 3 hub self powered  to a PI of your choice after you follow this guide

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1468120.0

I list every thing you need , i don't make  videos, i hate making video and never will . i can add more pictures, i guess if needed . to lazy, I guess why i didn't.

in  minera don't use CPU miner or if you manually install it edit one of the files and set BFG as default on install . i know there is adds just pay 5 bucks to remove them forever, it is very stable if you  use Ubuntu 16 and  manually install minera but you have to use 7.0 php and change some lines in the install_minera.sh so it installs right with Ubuntu 16 and i also added this miner to the miners_conf.json with presets as part of a manual install.

if you want a copy of those files I'll give them a way freely .I even had minera eth mining as the controller on a  rig with three RX 470 sort of, to see if i could but sense i don't like using Ubuntu as my main OS and don't mind using it on PI's . i put my PC back to windows .

did you PM  JSTEFANOP  in a nice way and offer to pay for his time, that might work .

Thank you, i try it today.

Can you please answer what means "128" ? :-)

I have no idea never had to worry about it or came across it, if i had id be more then willing to share what it means and how to fix it. i do know it has some thing to do with Java script i looked it up once but didn't fine much  other then it's a java function of some kind . I may even be wrong about that .

cisA

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 05:25:17 PM

Hi toptek, thank you for reply,

i have the feeling, that we have a little missunderstanding. My controller works very fine, is very stable without any issues or crashes and i love the stock-controller and want be together until death parts us. The 5 Bucks are not the problem, i invest over 50bucks for small changes and want invest more for new custom heatsinks (maybe watercooled) and small heatsinks on other side for every chip.

It cant be so difficult to write in the startup file the bfg comand or write  an bash-file, what have to execute after start... But i cant find this configfile.

And i have wrote jstefanop und want to pay him, but he dont answer.

Once i dont want pay for minera, if they dont work fine. They dont want that i cant feel/use the full minera experience, than i havent feelings to pay.

btc-e.com ->
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 07:16:30 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2016, 07:43:04 PM by toptek

try this for BFG start up in command line is that what your really looking for

http://blog.verticodelabs.com/raspberry-pi-bfgminer-service/

i could never get that to work right, may be you can.

or some thing like this edit how you want .

Code:
bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://{{your_stratum_address}} -u {{your_username}} -p {{your_password}} -S ALC:all --set ALC:clock=320 --set ALC:mode=1
that's from here i changed the device setting at the end i think you have to use the same device setting for Mat  miners,  if you flashed the boards.

https://www.rastating.com/mining-dogecoin-with-a-zeusminer-blizzard-and-a-raspberry-pi/  

I used to use that a lot with Zeus miners it should work the same for any thing BFG controls .

bottom of the page remember all PI's work the same. or seem to from what I've done .

not sure how well that works with Ubuntu 16 it's different, I'm still trying to figure out why BFG won't  auto start with minera with Ubuntu 16 but will with 15 or lower .other wise  i have no issue with minera 7.0 or the beta Ive been testing.

the start up conf files for miinera are in the etc folder  /etc/rc.local  and /etc/lighttpd/ and minera it self is here /var/www/minera use this on a windows box if you have one https://winscp.net/eng/index.php?#utm_source=winscp&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=5.9.2 with SSH  it awesome  not sure if this is what you want .

cisA

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 09:05:08 PM

My MAT works with bfgminer and SSH... And that is the Problem, because i need everytime other PC with SSH connection and stay on. If you close SSH, than this will terminate bfgminer. Because this i want configure bfgminer as startup app, or better as deamon. Thanks for the first url! I will try this and exactly what i searched.

btc-e.com ->
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 09:42:38 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2016, 10:37:12 PM by toptek

https://www.gnu.org/software/screen/

install screen or use screen it should be installed, you installed as part the BFG compile Smiley .

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-and-use-screen-on-an-ubuntu-cloud-server

screen works with any Linux OS.

if not this is how short version :

Code:
sudo apt-get -y install screen
use it like this :

Code:
screen bash

then whatever path you use for bfg  
Code:
Cd /path you know for bfg and commands

then close it out by hitting
Code:
x or exit

then being ssh backup and type

Code:
screen -list
screen -r

to test it .

if it worked right bfg should still be running and  you can close the SSH screen  until you reboot or turn off the PC/PI .

if you set a startup script from one of  the links above it should startup after reboot or shut down .

sorry i did misunderstand .

Smiley .

if you water cool let me know how that went id very interested in doing that. I just need five heat sink that fit the boards i have the rest pump rad etc . unless Innosilicon put outs A model that can do 1 GH these thing are still worth using and would be hard to find for sell till then the only set back now is power usage but if you have cheap power it won't mater or lots of speeds, it will pay for it self .

whats makes the A4 so good is it's power usages not the speed  the AlcheMiner/MAT and the titans can keep up with no problem,  i read some place with the right cooling on these beast with all 8 boards they can be overclocked to hit close to 300 MH  at a cost in power not much but some . the key there is keeping them cool enough to handle it .  with the flash from Jat  it would work . other wise the A4 is king . if the company hadn't gone bankrupt they were going to make a AlcheMiner 2 or some other name i forget that beat the A4 in speed and power usage and cost less to buy but i guess they didn't get the funding they had hoped for and went bankrupt. not Mat .  

Thanks top .

cisA

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 10:31:25 PM

I will try screen, sounds good as firstaid...

Yes, i think too, that the MAT are the best miner for cheap/free power. And the best way is to use the MAT until they burns away, because at the moment they are powerfull and if the next scrypt generation comes out, nobody want this miner... I run my MAT flashed at clock 352mhz and get with 8 boards 250-260mh/s (336mhz@244mh/s) at pool, but the summer will come. It will produce to many heat, because this i want self made a simple watercool-heatsink at one side (maybe 2 boards on one watercool heatsink) and smal VGA/DDR Heatsinks at other side, that allow to remove 3 Fans and speed down the other.
Remove 3 Fans and speeddown the other will safe >70Watt and i can go with the clockspeed higher than 352mhz. I want try to target 384mhz and expect 280-290mh/s

The jstefanop flash is the lifesaver for MAT, without flash the MAT are unusable for most pools (->30% rejected on clever without flashing)

btc-e.com ->
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 10:38:46 PM

Yes, i think too, that the MAT are the best miner for cheap/free power. And the best way is to use the MAT until they burns away, because at the moment they are powerfull and if the next scrypt generation comes out, nobody want this miner... I run my MAT flashed at clock 352mhz and get with 8 boards 250-260mh/s (336mhz@244mh/s) at pool, but the summer will come. It will produce to many heat, because this i want self made a simple watercool-heatsink at one side (maybe 2 boards on one watercool heatsink) and smal VGA/DDR Heatsinks at other side, that allow to remove 3 Fans and speed down the other.
Remove 3 Fans and speeddown the other will safe >70Watt and i can go with the clockspeed higher than 352mhz. I want try to target 384mhz and expect 280-290mh/s

The jstefanop flash is the lifesaver for MAT, without flash the MAT are unusable for most pools (->30% rejected on clever without flashing)

that's the only way if you use ssh and want to close it out on your PC and keep everything running, it works with everything big downloads etc..just use screen before you do anything, your set.

Thanks  top..

cisA

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 10:41:38 PM

that's only way if you use ssh and want it out on your PC.

Yes, but i want try your first clue with the bfg as linux service (http://blog.verticodelabs.com/raspberry-pi-bfgminer-service/)

btc-e.com ->
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 10:47:55 PM

if you don't charge to much I'll buy whatever  heat sinks are need from you the vga hs i can get . if you do and are willing to sell a few or share the design il have them made local .

cisA

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 11:06:36 PM

I will post the CAD data, if the project starts. But they would be not optimized for perfect cooling, more for making the heatsink "at home" with usual homeworking tools like milling- and grindingmaschine, "tap and die" tools ...
Very difficult will be to make the heatsink planar without right tools. I dont want to use 100gramm thermal compound for each board like factory made by MAT .

I think we take an cooling radiator from automobile...  Grin

btc-e.com ->
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 11:14:13 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2016, 01:42:39 AM by toptek

I will post the CAD data, if the project starts. But they would be not optimized for perfect cooling, more for making the heatsink "at home" with usual homeworking tools like milling- and grindingmaschine, "tap and die" tools ...
Very difficult will be to make the heatsink planar without right tools. I dont want to use 100gramm thermal compound for each board like factory made by MAT .

cool thanks I'll get them made by shops around me i have the tools, I'm to lazy and very good with designs but not good at designing. I won't steal your idea that's wrong Smiley.

yea 7 to 9 inches of paste is a lot .I couldn't believe how much was on mine when i took a board off the heat sink.

cisA

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 03:29:01 PM

Watercooled miner isnt epic idea ;-) And i think with the heatsink for MAT you cant make money, in best case you get your invest back. I asked an factory for tooling, they say me the mashine costs for me 50€ per hour ... I think we need 10-15min at maschine for each Heatsink part, we need minimum 2 parts.

And dont forget the costs for material...

Thank you for screen instruction, it works :-) But the service dont works... i get everytimes "unrecognized service " by trying to start the service.

btc-e.com ->
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: