Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:26:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AlcheMiner/MAT New Firmware and BFGMiner port!  (Read 5251 times)
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 06:03:42 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2016, 06:15:18 PM by toptek

I get the same with the service idea so i gave up on that one . or I got some thing about bad links with BFG, i could never fix.
I'll go back one day for the hell of it and do it . when i feel up to it and no i won't get bored trying.

I made ROI on mine and even got a nice feeling by donating a board to a school so I'm good there, i just wanted to cut down the noise more. i have a grind seed i still use form time to time you don't even know it's  running when i use it that i lowered the noise from the loud ass fans it came with, to all most no noise at all, more like normal PC fan noise and my replacement fans run at full speed. i put in bigger much quieter fans .

I mean the big one 25 MH script miner not the little 5 MH one .

I found a few new fans i might try sense i have a window fan blowing on top with the case open i don't  hear over the two stock fans l left in my AlcheMiner/mat miner .

thanks for the idea but it might not be good  sigh ,,, or not worth the cost . good idea but cost to much ? .

Thanks top .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cisA

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 09:59:00 PM

The stock fans from MAT are good and can be very quiet... I remove the adhesive label from the fan and see 4 solder points. Only GND and 12V+ are soldered, we can solder Signal and PWM to the fans  Smiley

The costs are for the tooling factory... I dont want use there, but rather make it self. Yesterday i measure the hashboard and will make next days CAD sketch. It possible to make WC-HS on both sides of the board, but i think one side is enough, because too much canals leads to high pressure. The idea is one WC-HT for two boards.
But one WC-HS for each board it easier to realise and assembling...

I make any sketches for all ideas and then you can better imagine and discuss the better idea Smiley

btc-e.com ->
" eksperteille: vitalik please hardfuck once more"
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 10:37:44 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2016, 10:50:29 PM by toptek

The stock fans from MAT are good and can be very quiet... I remove the adhesive label from the fan and see 4 solder points. Only GND and 12V+ are soldered, we can solder Signal and PWM to the fans  Smiley

The costs are for the tooling factory... I dont want use there, but rather make it self. Yesterday i measure the hashboard and will make next days CAD sketch. It possible to make WC-HS on both sides of the board, but i think one side is enough, because too much canals leads to high pressure. The idea is one WC-HT for two boards.
But one WC-HS for each board it easier to realise and assembling...

I make any sketches for all ideas and then you can better imagine and discuss the better idea Smiley

i have tons of fans with Signal and PWM  I can use , why i wanted to see how you used that with one of these and that are better then the ones that come with the miner. i used them on other miners when i had them to cut noise like  s5 s3 etc even lower in noise i had s5 running very quiet the fans run around 2500 to 2800 rpms and not the 3300 or higher whining noise the stock fan had and they stayed below 60 c i would panic if they went higher i know it was over kill but that's was me. you could sleep in the  room next to  5 s5, that how quiet i got them they stayed below 60c .I sold them fast when I sold Off my S5 and stopped mining bitcoins then got luck bought this miner non working on the forums. all my S5 went ROI i never noticed till  a friend asked was it worth it. those were the days cheap miners and you could actually make something and not invest a lot.

two boards on one Hs might be better then two per board or like C1 two boards per HS can't say these things do get very hot

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
cisA

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 08:53:16 AM

two boards on one Hs might be better then two per board or like C1 two boards per HS can't say these things do get very hot

I think the ASIC can bear heatness. The stock Heatsink goes untouchable after few minutes at roomtemp, so it will be 55-65°C on the HS... If i loot at the thickness of thermal grease... than we have realy >90°C at chip and >100°C in the core of chip...

Every solution is better than one 1,5kg Alu-HS with 3mm TG  per board Grin Two boards will produce at all ~500w in heat and a part goes on the side without HS. So we Have 400-450w heat on a 2x huge surface (in relation of for example CPU-IDE with 90W on 10mm*10mm)  Smiley

Jstefanop is alive  Cheesy He got his realy merit coins. Thank you again Jstefanop for your job!

btc-e.com ->
hammelhan

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:20:27 PM

hello,

can anyone help me find the Alche_FPGA_v2_flasher.svf file from jstefanop. tried to contact him but had no luck to get an answer.
 i will pay or donate for his work and the file..

thanks for your help,
 stephan
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1396

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 06:51:23 PM

hello,

can anyone help me find the Alche_FPGA_v2_flasher.svf file from jstefanop. tried to contact him but had no luck to get an answer.

thanks for your help,
 stephan

I PMed you.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Ichinisan

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 04:12:35 PM

Without knowing much about cryptocurrency, my friend obtained a trailer loaded with used mining equipment. There were lots of ASIC devices including some AlcheMiner systems. I think he already sold 1 AlcheMiner before he really looked into what it could do. The one he's left with probably has some bad cards, but we want to see if we can figure out which ones are good or bad. I know even less about cryptocurrency than my friend, but I'll be helping him the best I can. I'll try to familiarize myself with all this and I hope I'm not a burden to you all.

Looking at the AlcheMiner we still have, the boards had already been modified to remove the 8-pin power connections and they were replaced with thick gauge wires coming from PSUs. Because lots of USB UART adapters and rPis were included, I suspect the boards are already running jstephanop's custom firmware. I suspect I'll just have to update to the latest version to be sure.

Some of the hardware is visibly damaged and it's possible all of the boards are bad. If there are failures as we try to set it up, I won't know if it's due to bad hardware or due to my lack of understanding. I'll want to be sure I'm doing everything correctly.

If I understand correctly, the README doesn't really apply for the latest firmware. Is that right? Where should I start?

Thanks!
derDaniel00

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:06:30 AM

hello,

thanks for your help,
 stephan

I PMed you.

Hello everybody,

I'm ready to flash my Alcheminer, only the flashfile is missing.
jstefanop, are you still reading here and would you please PM me?
I would be happy if I got an answer!

Regards
derDaniel
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1396

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:38:38 AM

hello,

thanks for your help,
 stephan

I PMed you.

Hello everybody,

I'm ready to flash my Alcheminer, only the flashfile is missing.
jstefanop, are you still reading here and would you please PM me?
I would be happy if I got an answer!

Regards
derDaniel

Yes I'm here...just PM me :p

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
nonaak

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:55:50 PM

Hallo,

i'm totaly new in this totaly noob  Grin. my hobby is a bit electronics and stuff, bult my self 3D-printer and co2 lasercutter. but mining is new to my (sorry for my bad Englis, i'm dutch)

last week i buy 2 MAT blades with 2 USB wired to it, the 2 USB goes to a powered hub in to a rpi. so i think (and hope) that the blades have a FPGA update from superman Jstefanop  Wink.

i tray to run it but my program in linux skils are noob, i try to make it work with Minera, but its havy to understand. i reed this post a lot and also the total post "AlcheMiner/MAT New Firmware and BFGMiner Port Discussion" van Jstefanop.

do sombody know a post a bit easier to read oubout this matter, is it poseble to connect the blades to a normal pc, for testing, so that i can learn more about Bfgminer ( i use win 10).
I have a lot questions, but were is a good start for this matter

a play a bit with putty, to tray to install bfgminer (but if i tray to connect to Minera via putty, i stuk by the password, so no install bfgminer custum  Huh)

well you read i m a totaly noob in this materie, but if sombody have the patience and the time...  Roll Eyes  every tip is welcome

(i have some gridseed 5 chip miners that i connekt to a other rpi and Minera, i works fine. that is my only experience for now)

please help  Smiley

thanks for reading my post
dk7707

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 12:59:37 PM

Hello,
does anybody know the root password for alcheminer/MAT miner?
I have make a update and now sudo don't work. I can't make anything.

Or can I reset the System. Or is there a image for sd-card?

Can anybody help?
cisA

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:14:31 AM

Hello,
does anybody know the root password for alcheminer/MAT miner?

Can anybody help?

root pw is never set. Log in as admin/admin and set an root pw if needed.
Sometimes its set, but if set, than its root/root or root/toor.

btc-e.com ->
thecoder2012

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:39:33 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 03:59:06 AM by thecoder2012

jstefanop, are you still reading here? Please check your private messages, thanks!
And I think it's no problem with rpi as controller but the flashfile is missing. I will pay or donate for his work and the file.

Same problem but I found no solution without rpi as controller. See Alchemist updated support added for RPI with a broke controler

Good question. I hope anyone has more details.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: