Bitcoin Forum
October 06, 2024, 02:40:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to send BitCoins, Broadcasts forever... no history  (Read 1236 times)
brittbot (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 08:10:46 AM

Hey So I've searched around the forum a bit and can't find a solution so hope you can help me.

I am trying to send some btc, i enter the address, the description and the amount and click "Send"

I agree to the transaction fee, enter my password and then, the pop-up says broadcasting transaction, but nothing happens. I left it like this for over 2 days and i just stayed in broadcasting transaction.

There is nothing in my history tab, in relation to this transaction, I have tried doing it again a couple of days later but nothing.. the BTC are still in my wallet and nothing has moved.

I am getting super frustrated. Hope you can help.

FYI I am using a Mac
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6843

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 02:35:44 PM

Is Bitcoin Core completely synced yet? If it isn't the transaction might not be broadcast.

Also check your connections. Open Help > Debug Window and tell us how many connections it says you have.

What version of Bitcoin Core are you using?

brittbot (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 11:53:38 PM

I am pretty new to electrum so forgive me if i say something dumb..

I've been able to receive coins no problem, the whole reason why i was using electrum is that it didn't require the use of BitCoin Core because it used massive amount of CPU and GBs  of memory and bandwith...

In terms of connections
Blockchain 373k blocks
and block headers from 7 nodes.
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 08:11:01 AM

Hey So I've searched around the forum a bit and can't find a solution so hope you can help me.

I am trying to send some btc, i enter the address, the description and the amount and click "Send"

I agree to the transaction fee, enter my password and then, the pop-up says broadcasting transaction, but nothing happens. I left it like this for over 2 days and i just stayed in broadcasting transaction.

There is nothing in my history tab, in relation to this transaction, I have tried doing it again a couple of days later but nothing.. the BTC are still in my wallet and nothing has moved.

I am getting super frustrated. Hope you can help.

FYI I am using a Mac
  Just try to reinstall electrum from your seed..
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 01:08:52 PM

In the bottom right of the GUI is the light green (indicating you are connected to a server)?

Without being connected to a server you cannot broadcast a TX.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6843

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 02:24:31 PM

I am pretty new to electrum so forgive me if i say something dumb..

I've been able to receive coins no problem, the whole reason why i was using electrum is that it didn't require the use of BitCoin Core because it used massive amount of CPU and GBs  of memory and bandwith...

In terms of connections
Blockchain 373k blocks
and block headers from 7 nodes.
Oh, I didn't realize that you were using electrum.

Try changing to another server. Go to Tools > Network and uncheck autoconnect if it is checked. Then select another server different from the one you are using.

brittbot (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 12:04:37 PM

Awesome, thanks this worked perfectly
LaughingMan2

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 05:23:24 PM

Worked for me as well
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 03:29:37 PM

electrum 2.5.2 was just released, and fixes that.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: