Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:49:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I think I was hacked. Electrum wallet gone.  (Read 1050 times)
miragecash (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 12:49:23 PM

I think I was hacked. Electrum wallet is gone.

Running Linux Mint, Electrum wallet. Clicked on the Electrum icon in the start menu and nothing. The wallet doesn't even show up.

I recently thought about mining Monero and started to type in command line an installation but changed my mind due to security concerns about scam mining software mining instructions. So, when the terminal said something like, "do you wish to install?" I just clicked the "x" in the terminal to exit terminal and turned off my computer. I did not install anything.

I am going to install linux mint on a thumb drive with electrum and then try to recover with my seed words.

Also, my isp keeps resetting my router password to "password". I am going to buy another router and connect it the isp router so I can have control over the password.

Any other suggestions? I don't know where electrum is stored on the hard drive. I also don't know how else to run electrum from terminal with a command instead of clicking on the icon button in the start menu.

I am trying not to panick.

Please help,
Thanks.  Shocked
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 12:54:23 PM

I'am not sure since I don't really use Linux mint honestly but I had this kind of issue on Electrum before and when I click nothing happens , all I did was heading the the AppData folder (not sure if there is any and where is it located on Linux) and I delete the .conf file that Electrum generated , then started the .exe once again and it worked just fine .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
miragecash (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 12:58:54 PM

I really appreciate your prompt reply, but it sounds like you're using windows, right?

If I get my coins back, I'll put everything in a paper wallet.

I'am not sure since I don't really use Linux mint honestly but I had this kind of issue on Electrum before and when I click nothing happens , all I did was heading the the AppData folder (not sure if there is any and where is it located on Linux) and I delete the .conf file that Electrum generated , then started the .exe once again and it worked just fine .
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 01:35:28 PM

No need for two topics  Roll Eyes

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1171506.msg12335181#msg12335181

miragecash (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 05:35:14 AM

Mistake. Don't know how to move these posts to the other thread. oops.

Anyways, was able to recover coins by reinstalling Electrum on another computer and using 12 word seed. (whew)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: