Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:50:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: thinking of creating a bitcoin lottery: jackgbtc  (Read 616 times)
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 03:50:01 PM

This would be a bitcoin lottery where there is always three winners:
first prize: 50% of all of the money deposited
second prize: 20% of all the money deposited
third prize: 10% of all of the money deposited

Price of 1 ticket 0.1mbtc

Any ideas?
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
psy112

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

psygambler

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 03:52:37 PM

Like this http://www.satoshisplit.com/ ?

DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 03:53:06 PM

Any ideas?
where are you going to base the winning numbers or draw the winning combination? from a legit lottery?
psy112

psygambler

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 03:58:52 PM

Any ideas?
where are you going to base the winning numbers or draw the winning combination? from a legit lottery?

SatoshiSplit uses the Carolina Pick 3 daytime drawing numbers

jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 04:19:39 PM

I will use a personally run program that will select one of the numbers in use for that week and the person will be sent the bitcoins as soon as the draw has been completed. I will tehn post on a thread on this website, the three winners for that week and the evidence for these from blockchain.info's website.

I will also base the product on this website until i get enough interest to make it sufficient to run it on a webserver. (It, like the bitcoin network: will therefore be decentralised and stored on google and a computer) I will use google drive's forms and documents as no confidential information will be stored and will use coinbase to store all of the entrats until again I get enough interest and find out how to create a program which will count the number of input from each bitcoin address!
GermanGiant

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 04:28:00 PM

I will use a personally run program that will select one of the numbers in use for that week and the person will be sent the bitcoins as soon as the draw has been completed. I will tehn post on a thread on this website, the three winners for that week and the evidence for these from blockchain.info's website.

I will also base the product on this website until i get enough interest to make it sufficient to run it on a webserver. (It, like the bitcoin network: will therefore be decentralised and stored on google and a computer) I will use google drive's forms and documents as no confidential information will be stored and will use coinbase to store all of the entrats until again I get enough interest and find out how to create a program which will count the number of input from each bitcoin address!
How is this even remotely related to bitcoin mining ?
DanielRo

Activity: 689
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 04:32:55 PM

I'll tell you what a Bitcoin lotery means.
Buy two S3 units, put them on ckpool solo mining pool and wait one year. If you will find a block, which is statistically posible you are the lucky winner of about 25 BTC.

Nothing is impossible :-)
Ditto

Activity: 330

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 04:47:28 PM

Any ideas?
Block hashes, possibly?
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 05:41:15 PM

How is this even remotely related to bitcoin mining ?

IT said generating bitcoins in the topic, beneath bitcoin mining so i figured this was a good place to put it, i may have been worng in that decision regretably
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 05:44:18 PM

Any ideas?
Block hashes, possibly?

I was thinking about using a random number generator from python and putting the raw number output onto a thread that I created for the bitcoin lottery, along with the spreadsheet of the week's players and tickets!
psy112

psygambler

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 09:30:54 PM

Any ideas?
Block hashes, possibly?

I was thinking about using a random number generator from python and putting the raw number output onto a thread that I created for the bitcoin lottery, along with the spreadsheet of the week's players and tickets!

how would we know if it's provably fair?

AFK

Activity: 770
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 11:21:09 AM

Any ideas?
if you don't mind add the funds held by escrow then better if you held your funds seems no one trust you
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 04:53:28 PM

Any ideas?
Block hashes, possibly?

how would we know if it's provably fair?

I was thinking of asking fo rthe user's email to notify them if they win and to leave feedback on the thread. I will also post a LIVE spreadsheet that I will edit each day to show the next winners!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: