Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:56:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is your last Withdraw address on GLBSE the correct one?  (Voting closed: October 22, 2012, 07:50:53 PM)
Yes! I want my BTC there. - 32 (40.5%)
No! That is not my address. - 20 (25.3%)
No! I can't get to funds sent there (lost key, closed account) - 6 (7.6%)
I don't know! What is this? - 12 (15.2%)
I have never withdrawn, what now? - 9 (11.4%)
Total Voters: 79

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is your last Withdraw address on GLBSE the correct one?  (Read 1737 times)
scrybe (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 07:50:53 PM

I know my last withdrawal address was for a payment, but that account is square and closed, so I maynhave to convince someone to give me my own money back.  I'm worried that others are in the same or similar boat.

GLBSE has been closed

I'm sorry to inform all our users that GLBSE is no longer able to continue operating, and has now closed.

Q: What does this mean if I'm an issuer?

We will do everything in our power to make the process of moving off GLBSE as smooth as possible, we are currently working on a simple, safe, and easy to use method that will allow you to continue your relationship with your asset holders

Q:I'm a GLBSE user, what about my assets and my bitcoin?

You will be able to get back your bitcoin, and if you want to reveal your username, email, and a bitcoin address to accept payments with, you can continue your relationship with the issuer of any assets you hold.

We will begin retuning bitcoin once we have recieved all coins from the GLBSE treasurer that manages the GLBSE cash reserves. BitcoinGlobal (GLBSE's partent company) shareholders and board voted for them to be returned immediately, we are awaiting compliance with this order.

Update:we will begin processing account closures and returning bitcoin later today.

It is completely uncertain what mechanism is being used to issue refunds, so there may or may not be a risk associated with your last withdraw address. I'm simply trying to get some data together on the potential impact.

Please limit this thread to descriptions of how you will or will not be impacted by this setting. You can change your vote, if you do please update your existing post with the reasons.

Thanks Everyone!

"...as simple as possible, but no simpler" -AE
BTC/TRC/FRC: 1ScrybeSNcjqgpPeYNgvdxANArqoC6i5u Ripple:rf9gutfmGB8CH39W2PCeRbLWMKRauYyVfx LTC:LadmiD6tXq7gFZvMibhFUZegUHKXgbu1Gb
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 08:13:33 PM

My last one yes, but not all of them... at least as far as I remember they should all lead to accounts I still have access to on various sites/services (I used GLBSE as a online wallet sometimes for small transactions that were too tiny to really take all that cold storage key fumbling hassle...).

Still I'd rather just log into my GLBSE account and enter a deposit address there.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Azelphur

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 08:24:17 PM

My last isn't, I did a direct withdraw from GLBSE to pay someone else. I imagine a lot of other people are in the same situation.
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 08:41:55 PM

This lack of information is so frustrating. When is GLBSE going to list specific details about the shutdown procedure?

My last withdrawl address was to pay soembody, so I do not controll any money that gets sent there.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
BR0KK

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 08:45:44 PM

hm i have about 35 bitcoin there .... hope to get them back :/

theGECK

Activity: 411

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 09:22:45 PM

I have not ever withdrawn, so Nefario would get to keep my BTC if using the withdraw address.

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 30% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

FreeBitco.in | FreeDoge.co.in
freeAgent

Activity: 240

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 09:25:02 PM

I have not ever withdrawn, so Nefario would get to keep my BTC if using the withdraw address.

I'm in the same boat.  I've never withdrawn anything from GLBSE.  However, the address I used to fund my account would work.  I would hope he'd email account holders to establish what he should do for their accounts.  Every account has an email address associated with it.
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 09:33:23 PM

My last was to an exchange site, I believe one where I still have access to.
But fortunatly for me I have nothing left on glbse, everything sold and withdrawn.
k3t3r

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 09:36:28 PM

My last withdrawal from GLBSE was for 5BTC to btc-e.com

scrybe (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 09:42:50 PM

I'm in the same boat.  I've never withdrawn anything from GLBSE.  However, the address I used to fund my account would work.  I would hope he'd email account holders to establish what he should do for their accounts.  Every account has an email address associated with it.
Added an option for those that have never withdrawn and don't have an address set.

Sorry I missed that one, kinda obvious in retrospect. Please update your vote if this is a more accurate status.

Thanks All!

"...as simple as possible, but no simpler" -AE
BTC/TRC/FRC: 1ScrybeSNcjqgpPeYNgvdxANArqoC6i5u Ripple:rf9gutfmGB8CH39W2PCeRbLWMKRauYyVfx LTC:LadmiD6tXq7gFZvMibhFUZegUHKXgbu1Gb
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 10:34:10 PM

Same on both counts.

What he really should do is just bring the site up, with trading disabled, so ppl can just withdraw themselves as normal.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
kaerf

Activity: 631

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 11:10:53 PM

Same on both counts.

What he really should do is just bring the site up, with trading disabled, so ppl can just withdraw themselves as normal.

ditto. if he wanted to be even more strict about it (wrt AML), he could only allow withdrawl of funds that were not used in trades (basically no potential for laundered money). then release other funds after AML verification (even though the whole AML thing is bullshit).
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 01:31:37 AM

My last withdrawal from GLBSE was for 5BTC to btc-e.com

You, at least, should be OK -- I've re-used deposit addresses for btc-e
ianspain
Donator

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 08:12:09 AM

Why doesn't Nefario sending all glbse users a simple email askng for their withdrawal address?Huh

this is fucking pathetic and let's see who is the next to get sued!!!

BlockChain Capital
2GOOD

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 09:51:07 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2012, 06:26:05 PM by 2GOOD

Don't panic upfront... let's wait and see and then panic Wink

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 12:38:25 PM

As luck would have it, I deposited from my wallet on my home computer; so in case he uses that address, the coins should come back my way.

Although, I didn't have much BTC on there (17-18ish), so my main curiousity is how I'll get my payouts from my shares owned...

I'm not too worried yet.

Much more excited about BFL ASIC release!  Woot!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 01:04:34 PM

Only ever used 1 withdrawl addy - it will be fine
but I was emptying my balance weekly - so not much in there
more concerned at being able to work out what is happening re bond issuers and holders

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
theGECK

Activity: 411

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 01:17:23 PM

Only ever used 1 withdrawl addy - it will be fine
but I was emptying my balance weekly - so not much in there
more concerned at being able to work out what is happening re bond issuers and holders

Agreed. I have less than .0001 BTC in my GLBSE account so I'm more concerned about trying to verify myself by using an address - I could find the transactions where I sent in the BTC but in the end I know nothing about how this process is going to work.

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 30% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

FreeBitco.in | FreeDoge.co.in
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: