Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:37:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with my Antminer S5s  (Read 1902 times)
ChrisHaefner (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 05:39:35 PM

So I fired up my 2 Antminers S5's today and have been going through
the step by step instructions.             Everything was good until I
got to section 4 step 2. I am able to find my miners IP addresses, as
well as get to my dashboard. Then as I changed my network to "static"
something went wrong. From here I cant get back to my dashboard or
other tabs, I also cannot switch it back from "static". Evertime I try
to do anything I get an error saying This Web Page Is Not Available.
Can you guide me in what to do?? I am stuck until I get this fixed.
Thanks!

If you have time see my YouTube video for better details. It's about 7 min. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/3RucKRMkU8o

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GriffinHeart

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 06:11:00 PM

Okay, so, halve the problem, first get one S5 up and running, don't try two at a time.
Once you diagnose what's wrong with the first, if anything, you can try the second. Don't make it too confusing to start off with.
It seems like you're getting mixed up with the IPs too.
I can't exactly see where you're going wrong with the video's quality, but maybe another member can chip in.
I suggest you setup one S5 with whatever tutorial you're using, if that doesn't work, make sure the miner actually works and hashes before running all possible reasons for why it isn't functioning fully.

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
flikflak

Activity: 408
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 10:32:14 PM

Also try to log you into your belkin router. There should be a hosting list with all the connected devices. Verify the IP address, maybe the browser shows you the cached pages of your antminer and the IP is totaly different one. You might get access to a miner, by connecting the Rj45 cable direct to your notebook.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 04:16:51 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2015, 05:46:48 AM by toptek

plug one Antminer in for now

then down load this http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/index1.php?utm_expid=62919999-14.Cr_MP2nHRIqk-1pmkBGelw.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com  then find out what the  IP of that antminer is ,  it should look some thing like this with the Scanner 192.168.1.xxx Texas Instruments,  if you click that in the IP scanner it should give you a drop down menu which you can click on

that will put you in the antminer UI which you want for now.

once it pops up the UI to log in type for both the user and password:  root.

once in the UI i would set the IP to a static IP under the network tad at the top and make it some thing like this 192.168.1.2xx id go  200 or above, so there is no conflicts with your network.

the way it looks you haven't set any pools yet because you can 't get in to the Antminer UI . it appears to be hashing fine from the lights you showed Polly  on one of the pools set by default by antminer and Polly the very bottom one in the UI you being in the US ? .").

The rest is super easy once you can access the miner UI on your laptop, that appears to be the problem ? .

Then Unplug that antminer once your in and it's set how you want it etc .( Unless your ok at this point then leave it plugged in but do one antminer at a time ). EACH ANT gets it's own IP  Smiley .
then plug in the other ant, do the same thing as above then plug them both in and boot up then you should have access to them via your laptop by the  IP you set to the static ip, please take note of those two IP's or keep the IP scanner installed on your PC .

to be honest i have yet to get the thing bitmain directed you to, to work right, I sure it does but Ive found better ways of doing it .

what the static IP your setting it to make sure to take note of that . are you typing in the right ip did  you set up the static IP right .something like  192.168.1.xxx .

just type those numbers not http or www in your browser.

mybad the dns IP should be 192.168.1.1  unless you use a custom  DNS .

you can't just set it to static and leave the rest of the lines blank been there done that etc , that's why i linked a Picture of how to set it to a static ip the way it's looks, like you clicked on static then logged out and left the rest blank ? .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 09:52:24 AM

On DNS server I really like 8.8.8.8 that is Google's DNS server.  Very easy to remember and I have used it in many different miners.

Never had a problem with it you might give it a try.   
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 10:21:07 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2015, 11:20:06 AM by toptek

On DNS server I really like 8.8.8.8 that is Google's DNS server.  Very easy to remember and I have used it in many different miners.

Never had a problem with it you might give it a try.  

try out Dnsjumper that dns i use is a more secure one, so I'm told or read  Smiley. I have used google well most of the public dnses they all seem to work about the same. Grin, do indeed work .

http://www.sordum.org/7952/dns-jumper-v2-0/   nest little program I found looking for  why I would want a custom DNS, a while back . Smiley .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 01:38:27 PM

The best way for me to setup my Antminer was to leave it to DHCP and setup static lease on my router. That way you're not trying to shove settings up the "chain of command" and everything is happy.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ChrisHaefner (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 10:40:12 PM

Thank you everyone for all the great advice!  This evening I will try firing up a single miner and making sure the ip address is correct.  Thanks again!
ChrisHaefner (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 03:35:11 AM

plug one Antminer in for now

then down load this http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/index1.php?utm_expid=62919999-14.Cr_MP2nHRIqk-1pmkBGelw.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com  then find out what the  IP of that antminer is ,  it should look some thing like this with the Scanner 192.168.1.xxx Texas Instruments,  if you click that in the IP scanner it should give you a drop down menu which you can click on

that will put you in the antminer UI which you want for now.

once it pops up the UI to log in type for both the user and password:  root.

once in the UI i would set the IP to a static IP under the network tad at the top and make it some thing like this 192.168.1.2xx id go  200 or above, so there is no conflicts with your network.

the way it looks you haven't set any pools yet because you can 't get in to the Antminer UI . it appears to be hashing fine from the lights you showed Polly  on one of the pools set by default by antminer and Polly the very bottom one in the UI you being in the US ? .").

The rest is super easy once you can access the miner UI on your laptop, that appears to be the problem ? .

Then Unplug that antminer once your in and it's set how you want it etc .( Unless your ok at this point then leave it plugged in but do one antminer at a time ). EACH ANT gets it's own IP  Smiley .
then plug in the other ant, do the same thing as above then plug them both in and boot up then you should have access to them via your laptop by the  IP you set to the static ip, please take note of those two IP's or keep the IP scanner installed on your PC .

to be honest i have yet to get the thing bitmain directed you to, to work right, I sure it does but Ive found better ways of doing it .

what the static IP your setting it to make sure to take note of that . are you typing in the right ip did  you set up the static IP right .something like  192.168.1.xxx .

just type those numbers not http or www in your browser.

you can't just set it to static and leave the rest of the lines blank been there done that etc , that's why i linked a Picture of how to set it to a static ip the way it's looks, like you clicked on static then logged out and left the rest blank ? .
[/i][/u][/b][/color]

So I did leave everything else blank. Is this my problem?? I am still running into the same issue. Could it be a problem with my router?
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 03:36:40 AM

So I did leave everything else blank. Is this my problem?? I am still running into the same issue. Could it be a problem with my router?

You need to setup the mask and gateway if you use static IP. Its easier to just use DHCP, go to your router, setup static lease. Done.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ChrisHaefner (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 05:27:24 AM

Ok so first I'm going to stick with the trouble shooting videos so hopefully you guys don't mind my ugly mug :-) I had a lot of great advice and I'm pretty positive I tried it all. I'm not sure but I may know my problem after playing with it a little more tonight? When I first got both miners running I went to the antminer dashboard and changed the network from DHCP to static :-/ I did not change anything on my router. I did take a picture of what I saw but it's too big to load.  Basically it has all my devices IP addresses except my running Antminers. But if that's my problem, I don't know how to get back to my dashboard to change it now. Thank you again for all the help!!!

https://youtu.be/5esmlBuNB6g

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 05:39:59 AM

Ok so first I'm going to stick with the trouble shooting videos so hopefully you guys don't mind my ugly mug :-) I had a lot of great advice and I'm pretty positive I tried it all. I'm not sure but I may know my problem after playing with it a little more tonight? When I first got both miners running I went to the antminer dashboard and changed the network from DHCP to static :-/ I did not change anything on my router. I did take a picture of what I saw but it's too big to load.  Basically it has all my devices IP addresses except my running Antminers. But if that's my problem, I don't know how to get back to my dashboard to change it now. Thank you again for all the help!!!

Wait what, you manage to connect to the Antminer to set it to static IP, but you somehow can't connect to it?

Reset it, leave it on DHCP. Messing with that can confuse some routers, since a lease is already ongoing. Just set a static lease (IP) on the router's side if you can. You're like the 4th person today i notice has issues with setting up Static IP from the miner's side. Don't touch it.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 03:44:55 PM

Ok so first I'm going to stick with the trouble shooting videos so hopefully you guys don't mind my ugly mug :-) I had a lot of great advice and I'm pretty positive I tried it all. I'm not sure but I may know my problem after playing with it a little more tonight? When I first got both miners running I went to the antminer dashboard and changed the network from DHCP to static :-/ I did not change anything on my router. I did take a picture of what I saw but it's too big to load.  Basically it has all my devices IP addresses except my running Antminers. But if that's my problem, I don't know how to get back to my dashboard to change it now. Thank you again for all the help!!!

Wait what, you manage to connect to the Antminer to set it to static IP, but you somehow can't connect to it?

Reset it, leave it on DHCP. Messing with that can confuse some routers, since a lease is already ongoing. Just set a static lease (IP) on the router's side if you can. You're like the 4th person today i notice has issues with setting up Static IP from the miner's side. Don't touch it.

Also I personally don't like the IP scanner bitmain say's to use.   Log into your router look at connected devices, it does not look like a ton on the network.

If you used DHCP (normally I say use static but if you are having trouble dhcp does work).   Find it from connected miner set it on pools etc.   You can leave them running and likely not have to connect to miners hopefully for a while.  Its pretty much set and forget.
ChrisHaefner (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 03:07:45 AM

So Bitmain wants me to flash a new SD card. I think I see an empty SD card holder on the top of the miner?  I'm thinking that the miner did not come with an SD card? Should it just be an 8GB card like my Pi?

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 04:36:21 AM

So Bitmain wants me to flash a new SD card. I think I see an empty SD card holder on the top of the miner?  I'm thinking that the miner did not come with an SD card? Should it just be an 8GB card like my Pi?

Depends on size of firmware.  I imagine an 8 gb would work.  What is the size of the firmware.

Is this still all about not being able to set static IP?
Nexious

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Nexious.com Admin

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 08:05:07 AM

8gb should be more than enough, as the firmware is only around 20mb if I remember correctly.

https://nexious.com - Bitcoin Mining Pool - 5BTC Block Finder Bonus!*
ChrisHaefner (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 02:22:24 AM

Didn't work. I'm ready to get rid of these things.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 04:34:44 AM

Also I personally don't like the IP scanner bitmain say's to use.   Log into your router look at connected devices, it does not look like a ton on the network.

If you used DHCP (normally I say use static but if you are having trouble dhcp does work).   Find it from connected miner set it on pools etc.   You can leave them running and likely not have to connect to miners hopefully for a while.  Its pretty much set and forget.

But there's no upside for me to setup static IP. I can tell the router to always assign the same x IP to the machine, this way i can have all my machine on a series and i know which is which, and i have a sticker on them.
This way the machine stays on DHCP, there's no ip conflict, arguably less setting up, etc, with the same upside of always a set ip. And the attribution is good even through wifi only connection, for S1/S3.

Didn't work. I'm ready to get rid of these things.

What do you mean? They default to DHCP, with which you should be able to connect without any problem, then set a pool and mine. You keep saying everything fuck up when you set it to static IP. So again, why don't you try to run them on DHCP?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:24:06 AM

I don't think there is much to choose between leaving a miner on DHCP and then setting the router to always assign the same IP, or setting the miner to Static IP?

When I get a new miner I either log into the router and find it or use an IP scanner. Then I prefer to set a static IP on the miner in a block that I keep for miners, put a sticker on and away you go. I just happen to find this easier than assigning the IP in the router. The only thing I would not do is leave them on DHCP without telling the router to assign the same IP, as they are then difficult to find.  Smiley

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:31:29 AM

Also I personally don't like the IP scanner bitmain say's to use.   Log into your router look at connected devices, it does not look like a ton on the network.

If you used DHCP (normally I say use static but if you are having trouble dhcp does work).   Find it from connected miner set it on pools etc.   You can leave them running and likely not have to connect to miners hopefully for a while.  Its pretty much set and forget.

But there's no upside for me to setup static IP. I can tell the router to always assign the same x IP to the machine, this way i can have all my machine on a series and i know which is which, and i have a sticker on them.
This way the machine stays on DHCP, there's no ip conflict, arguably less setting up, etc, with the same upside of always a set ip. And the attribution is good even through wifi only connection, for S1/S3.

And that is why I recommend for OP to use dhcp, as hes having trouble with static.  As a general rule it is nicer with static.

I can log into my mining pool and see the IP of down miner as i put it in worker name.  With so many devices on my  network would be a pain to do DHCP.  So if someone can manage it I still say static is general in most cases.   Just not in this one.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 10:43:27 AM

And that is why I recommend for OP to use dhcp, as hes having trouble with static.  As a general rule it is nicer with static.

I can log into my mining pool and see the IP of down miner as i put it in worker name.  With so many devices on my  network would be a pain to do DHCP.  So if someone can manage it I still say static is general in most cases.   Just not in this one.

Well i get how critical a static ip is to management.

Its just that i can get it over DHCP. At least on Open WRT it make it very easy and more efficient than setting up static ip multi line configs on each miner individually. On open wrt i just set a series linked to their mac address, click save and apply and bam. A static lease over DHCP is setup and in effect.

I write down the ip on the machine and series are logically used. The serie of S3 start at .131 for S3#1, then .132 for S3#2. And so on.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ChrisHaefner (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:44:26 AM

Up and running!  Had a friend trouble shoot it for me

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:04:25 AM

Up and running!  Had a friend trouble shoot it for me

Glad to hear you got it working on static.  I use it myself and it is nice.

If others are reading this if you have problems DHCP just makes it simpler in some cases.  Thats why I recommended it possibly in this case.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: