Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:53:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this real? Is this legal in Thailand?  (Read 2541 times)
seVell (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 05:46:16 PM

First of all this is NOT spam! I'm not selling anything and I have no interest in this website.

I was accused of spam but how is this spam? I'm asking if a shop is legit because I'm doubting it? And I want to buy not sell! Is this your typical spam?

I'm just seeking help from someone living or visiting Bangkok and/or opinions from others.

My original post in the marketplace was deleted without any explanation so I have to guess that was something wrong with it.

I read the forum rules and I'm a lurker here for quite some time and I believe my original post was abiding all the rules but anyway I'll remove the links and change it a bit.

If something is not correct I ask the moderator to at least send me a PM explaining what is wrong.

Here is my original post without any links and some other information removed:

If you live in Bangkok can you please visit this store and tell me if this is legit?

"link removed"

CONTACT INFORMATION

Advanced Intelligence Co., Ltd.

21/849 Tavorn nivej 2. Soi 4.

Bangna-Trad Road. Km. 2

Bangna Bangna Bangkok 10260

Thailand.

Call Monday -Friday

11 PM TO 11 AM. EASTERN USA TIME.

Fax +66xxxxxxxx From USA dial 0xxxxxxxxxxxx

I want to buy this thing (link removed) but it seems to good to be true and $3000 is too much for me to play around so I need to be sure this is real before I make any move.

The description:

LISTEN TO ANY CELLULAR 800/900 MHz TELEPHONE CONVERSATION
Key in up to 20 cellular phone numbers that you would like to monitor, when there is an in coming or out-going call made to or from the number you have specified the unit will intercept the conversation and display the number of the phone being used! , powerful isn't it.

You can also do general monitoring, with a push of a button, the unit will scan, intercepts and display the number of the phone that was picked up.! powerful isn't it.

Connects to any tape recorder!

Monitor your employee, your spouse, your children etc.
Monitor mobile phones (cellular phones)
Monitor both cellular A or cellular B system

A= System used in the USA North America, South America, Australia, Asia, Africa

B= System used in Eastern and Western Europe

Operates both in general monitoring mode and targets specific phone by number

Identify unknown cellular mobile phone numbers

You may specify cell site that you would like to monitor.

Decode touch tones used to access Voice mail, Answering machines, etc.,

Targets 20 mobile numbers for all calls made in or out

Automatically record both sides of all conversation when connecting with voice control recorder (we suggest our AU023).

Track hands-off from cell to cell (when  following vehicles)

Can be used as a normal mobile phone

Time setting and DTMF output enable, you will have a date and time stamp for each conversation.

Stand alone unit you do not need to purchase other device or be connected to any telephone service provider (sold complete with charger & batteries)

Measurement: 160 x 55 x 36mm

You do not need to give this phone to anyone, It will target specific phone numbers you programmed in.

AU 688
Price $2,950

If the store is legit can you please ask to see this product in particular?

If you know other source for this type of product please post here or let me know.

From my experience is not common that some product is exclusive from one place. If there are demand (and I believe that is the case with this product) many people will sell it.

Maybe thai law is less restrictive and they allow the sale of this to anyone.

Do you know if it's legal to sell this in Thailand? Do you know more places selling?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 12:25:10 AM

Sounds either very scammy or very illegal, if the authorities haven't cracked down on this yet they soon will, the store might be gone within a few weeks especially if this guy is actually selling real equipment.
seVell (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 12:58:16 AM

Sounds either very scammy or very illegal, if the authorities haven't cracked down on this yet they soon will, the store might be gone within a few weeks especially if this guy is actually selling real equipment.

The whole thing looks very sketchy and that's why I need someone to check this on site.

Legality may depend on the country. In US is definitely illegal but it might be legal in other countries.

If you look around the forum you'll see some strange stuff like this:

All of our products were shown at
Comdex Fall '99 Hosted by ZD Events
15 to 19 November 1999.
Las Vegas Convention Center, Pavilion
Booth LSC65
With over 200,000 attendee

The whois data seems ok to my eyes though:

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: ADVANCED-INTELLIGENCE.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 2
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS.KSC.CO.TH
Name Server: NS2.KSC.CO.TH
Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Updated Date: 14-mar-2011
Creation Date: 29-jun-1999
Expiration Date: 29-jun-2016

>>> Last update of whois database: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 15:17:51 GMT <<<

james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 01:31:16 AM

Imo, i dont think its legal anywhere to tap into someone else's call. NSA does it anyway...
ajrah

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 01:52:13 AM

Lets reverse the question, is there a Country we're wire tapping is Legal? Recorded conversation sourced from wire tapping can't be used in the court as evidence in some Countries. Anyway I'll ask a friend who live's and works in Thailand to drop by at that address and look around the store.

seVell (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 01:53:06 AM

Anyway I'll ask a friend who live's and works in Thailand to drop by at that address and look around the store.

Thanks!  Smiley

About the first part I feel strange but I don't know the law in every country.

Imo, i dont think its legal anywhere to tap into someone else's call. NSA does it anyway...

Not only NSA.

Many "agencies" do it without any court order.

Private investigators also do this all the time.

But the device itself is strange. I can't find anything with so many features and all other are much more expensive.

Can you find a similar advice?
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:02:32 AM

It's sketchy bro... A device like this wont be sold so openly... You'd definitely need to know 'people' to get it...
seVell (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:25:14 AM

It's sketchy bro... A device like this wont be sold so openly... You'd definitely need to know 'people' to get it...

There are many being advertised but they are not sold to the public.

Just search "gsm interceptor" in google and you'll see many for sale but not to everyone. All other places require that you are a governmental agency or police force which makes sense.

But what I meant is that this particular device has features that I can't find in any other like target specific numbers or scan the air etc...

If I could find this same device or other very similar with the same features I'd be more convinced that it's real. If it claims to be the one and only it's very strange!
sionsandman

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 09:35:14 AM

Lets reverse the question, is there a Country we're wire tapping is Legal? Recorded conversation sourced from wire tapping can't be used in the court as evidence in some Countries. Anyway I'll ask a friend who live's and works in Thailand to drop by at that address and look around the store.

It might be one of those cases where it's not illegal to buy the equipment (and use it for educational purposes) but I'm pretty sure it's illegal to use it with others.

This same situation applies to other equipments like radar detectors.

In many countries it's not illegal to sell, it's not illegal to buy and it's not illegal to own, but it's illegal to use in real life situations like actually use the device to detect real police radars in order to avoid them.

These kind of legal loopholes are very common.
seVell (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 10:04:37 PM

Thanks to several messages from members I've now seen this exact same device (same pic at least  Grin) for sale in other asian countries like Indonesia and Pakistan.

So this makes me more confident that this device is real.

The cheapest place I saw it's still the thai shop I posted in the first comment.

So I'd like to ask again if someone from Bangkok can visit this store to confirm it's real.
ABitNut

Activity: 764

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:05:02 AM

Thanks to several messages from members I've now seen this exact same device (same pic at least  Grin) for sale in other asian countries like Indonesia and Pakistan.

So this makes me more confident that this device is real.

The cheapest place I saw it's still the thai shop I posted in the first comment.

So I'd like to ask again if someone from Bangkok can visit this store to confirm it's real.

A (re-used) picture means very little. The website canonical name is spy[dot]th[dot]com. I did a quick google street view on the adress they gave and it looks like a residential area. I'm guessing the do not have a store front. The website design is old, the claims of the device are quite extraordinary. If you want to pursue this I suggest you contact the webshop and see how they respond to some questions.
seVell (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 07:53:54 AM

A (re-used) picture means very little. The website canonical name is spy[dot]th[dot]com. I did a quick google street view on the adress they gave and it looks like a residential area. I'm guessing the do not have a store front. The website design is old, the claims of the device are quite extraordinary. If you want to pursue this I suggest you contact the webshop and see how they respond to some questions.

Thank you for your comments!

Are you very far from Bangkok?

I did some research and it seems the device is a SecPro Cell Interceptor. I found no reliable source about where it's made (China?? Like everything else?) or the name of the company.

I just consider to make a move if someone local can verify on the spot that the shop is real and the device itself is real and can be sold.
ABitNut

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 09:28:33 AM

Thank you for your comments!

Are you very far from Bangkok?

I did some research and it seems the device is a SecPro Cell Interceptor. I found no reliable source about where it's made (China?? Like everything else?) or the name of the company.

I just consider to make a move if someone local can verify on the spot that the shop is real and the device itself is real and can be sold.

It would take me over 2 hours to go to that location, and I probably still wouldn't be able to identify the building they operate from since it will likely be a normal residence instead of an actual brick and mortar store. I don't really feel like going out that far without at least having some confidence I would actually be able to find the place.
sionsandman

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 02:46:38 PM

It would take me over 2 hours to go to that location, and I probably still wouldn't be able to identify the building they operate from since it will likely be a normal residence instead of an actual brick and mortar store. I don't really feel like going out that far without at least having some confidence I would actually be able to find the place.

They seem to have a vast catalog. It can't be such a small place.

But just to confirm if they are real there are phone and fax numbers on the site.

The phone support in english might not be great but at least in thai they must be able to assure anyone.

ABitNut

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 01:14:01 AM

But just to confirm if they are real there are phone and fax numbers on the site.

The phone support in english might not be great but at least in thai they must be able to assure anyone.

I wouldn't mind giving them a call. From a payphone. Cheesy
seVell (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 01:42:30 AM

If you can do it I'd be appreciated.

Smiley
sionsandman

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 11:24:49 AM

Did you do it?

Now I'm curious.
Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 04:24:59 PM

Have to factor in shipping this to a Country where this is frowned upon will just get it seized.
sionsandman

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:37:51 AM

Have to factor in shipping this to a Country where this is frowned upon will just get it seized.

If it really looks like this picture http://www.advanced-intelligence.com/telephone.html#!au688 it doesn't look like something to be seized.

The contents description could be:

"Vintage mobile phone from the 90's"

Value: $5

Grin Grin Grin Grin  

But I still doubt that this shop is real and that this device is real.

It's too cheap to be true!
sionsandman

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 07:06:44 PM

Did you ever made that call?

Just curious.  Cool
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: