Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:51:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: From Russia with Love - a thread for positive stuff  (Read 2720 times)
Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 06:14:16 PM

With all doom and gloom posts, I felt there is a need to balance, to bring some positivity. I'll start this thread with some good news from Russia in general and Moscow in particular, but everyone is welcome to add info and pictures about festivities or positively-charged events from any corner of the world. And if anyone tries some negativity, they'll be happily ignored.  Wink

Yesterday saw the start of a two-day festivity, dedicated to the Day of Moscow. The festivities took place on the Beautiful Square and continued on various venues throughout the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po-NqCdnh3g

Moscow’s 868th: Historic Reenactment, Red Square Concert and Spasskaya Tower Festival
https://futuristrendcast.wordpress.com/2015/09/05/moscows-868th-historic-reenactment-and-concert-of-red-square/

The 5th Festival of Light - "The Circle of Light" - will start in Moscow on the 26th of September, painting the city into a colourful display during the dark hours

http://lightfest.ru/en/

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 06:28:49 PM

Russia is offering free land for anyone (i.e individuals who are holding the Russian passport) who is willing to move to Siberia. A plot amounting to 2.5 acres will be given, once the individual confirms his desire to move to Siberia. For noobs, Siberia is not 100% covered by the permafrost. Some of the Siberian provinces (such as Altay and Omsk) are being considered among the most fertile regions within the RF.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/07/28/manifest-destiny-russia-offers-free-land-to-move-population-to-siberia/
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 01:24:03 PM

Russia is offering free land for anyone (i.e individuals who are holding the Russian passport) who is willing to move to Siberia. A plot amounting to 2.5 acres will be given, once the individual confirms his desire to move to Siberia. For noobs, Siberia is not 100% covered by the permafrost. Some of the Siberian provinces (such as Altay and Omsk) are being considered among the most fertile regions within the RF.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/07/28/manifest-destiny-russia-offers-free-land-to-move-population-to-siberia/

And forced to learn Russian ? No thanks !  Grin
Harry Hood

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 05:35:13 PM

Cool idea, we all (and the media) dont speak positively enough about the world.)

I've been to St. Petersburg, had a great time at Catherine's palace and in the pubs. I've never been to Moscow but have friends who go regularly and the pictures are always great!

Russia should give back to Hungary for their invasion in 1956...it would be a nice thing to do.

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 05:37:09 PM

And forced to learn Russian ? No thanks !  Grin

Read! You need to have a Russian passport, therefore know russian language. Read more, speak less!!!

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 08:59:45 PM

Nice, If I were a poor guy living in a small flat and working in some crap job in Russia I'd take it. You just need to learn hunting fishing and other useful skills and you'll be much happier living of the land than breathing fumes every day just to earn a few rubles and die of heart failure.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 713

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 05:07:44 AM

I’m not American so my knowledge is limited but; didn’t President Abraham Lincoln do something similar while he was president?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 10:28:58 AM

Cool idea, we all (and the media) dont speak positively enough about the world.)

I've been to St. Petersburg, had a great time at Catherine's palace and in the pubs. I've never been to Moscow but have friends who go regularly and the pictures are always great!

Russia should give back to Hungary for their invasion in 1956...it would be a nice thing to do.

Imagine that you found a drug that took you on safe, wonderful trips. The sights were beautiful in your mind, and you cam out feeling euphoric. The catch was that you got hooked, as usual. And if you didn't get your fix, withdrawal wasn't fun.

The world is like that. It is a wonderful place if you are not too sickly. If you are not blind, it has wonderful beauties to behold. If you can hear, the sounds of birds can be delightful at times.

Then you get old. There are no more fixes. You die. You face the hereafter. Wonderful world, right?

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 10:30:48 AM

Siberia is like 25% to 30% larger than the United States. It only has about 6 million people as opposed to about 330 million in the U.S.  What a farce giveaway.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 07:07:38 PM

Part of my family's roots are from Altai Krai, Siberia. A warm and beautiful part of Siberia, and the bread-basket of Russia.

More images here: http://prirodadi.ru/puteshestviya-i-turizm/altayskiy-kray.html

And yes, it looks like Norway in many ways. Wink

The "Circle of Light" launched in Moscow today. Spectacular start to a 9-day even!

2-hour long broadcast from the opening, much to be seen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPDlhpagvfI

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
ThePrinceofTea

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:28:33 PM

Hello Nemo!

What a chance to read from someone from the mystical land... so it's beyond the Urals and before the Altai? now to be provocative, I think (taste is personal) that this lake is more mystical...

http://www.budgettraveltalk.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Rocky-Mountains-Peyto-Lake-800x400.jpg

but I agree it's nice... would you mind to share some of your memories of this mystical place? maybe some others pictures? any food specialties? did you eat frozen mammoth? anything would be appreciated... thank you... ahh yes how is the corruption in the area? is it safe? you know anything you want... thank you again.

Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 10:50:30 AM

Who is next ?

Siberia ...

Staline ... who ? Hoo yes the tyran ... the beloved of russia ... A memorial dedicated to deceased victims of Stalin’s regime.

ThePrinceofTea

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 11:03:59 AM

Nice thank you Wink, frankly those old staling building are just good to buff some ussf. Maybe some more rural life style?

but the hunting pictures are nice. Does weed, aka the one plant grows there? do you come across some during hunting session? What about the mushrooms? and fishing? maybe some local plants that are edible?

about encounter in the wild if it wear this patch : red, white, blue with some white stars... don't ask.
ThePrinceofTea

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 12:24:16 PM

What I really like about Siberian kids, far easter :

when western kids receive their first suit they pimp in the street, there it's their first cammo suit.
when western kids reveive their first pen they pimp papers with it, there it's their first rifle.
when western kids meet the eastern kids, we all know who will bow down.

ThePrinceofTea

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 10:41:46 PM

A little warning be aware of those shia iranians... they will try to play friendly (to get know-how) and then move to conquer the federation too. However I know that I don't need to say such thing here, I know that when I say that I am not looked like an idiot... thanks again for keeping your duty to your country, but I can't thank you for lovin it¨. it's refreshing to see. again, iranian = very sneaky... I don't worry much, better in the egg than later (that's my shot of v - and I fuckin break the glass, forward).

just remember when this admin will be purged it will be defcon 1, and there better stand still, it will be HUUUUGGEE Smiley.
Marianne Skanland

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 09:39:03 AM

What about the mushrooms? and fishing? maybe some local plants that are edible?
The question about mushrooms is to the point, since Russians & co are mushroom experts. The Finns and the Germans are too, very knowledgeable. From them "mushroom knowledge" has sifted into Sweden and Norway.

I have a little Russian wooden figure of a mushroom (Gribok) - you know, rather like those little dolls with smaller dolls inside; it was given to me by a Russian colleague who went mushroom hunting with me in the Bergen area (west coast of Norway) once.

My mother was very knowledgeable indeed, knew umpty sorts of edible mushrooms. There are mushroom clubs/associations in Norway, usually led by botanists; they do scientific work as well as arrange excursions to different areas in the season.

The best places of all are those where there are animals grazing, they spread the "seeds". Grazing horses are good "providers" of champignon. Up in Finnmark (up towards the North Pole) there were so many mushrooms everywhere you got completely cross-eyed. They had sheep as well as raindeer herds.

Nemo1024 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 09:35:18 PM

What about the mushrooms? and fishing? maybe some local plants that are edible?
The question about mushrooms is to the point, since Russians & co are mushroom experts. The Finns and the Germans are too, very knowledgeable. From them "mushroom knowledge" has sifted into Sweden and Norway.

I have a little Russian wooden figure of a mushroom (Gribok) - you know, rather like those little dolls with smaller dolls inside; it was given to me by a Russian colleague who went mushroom hunting with me in the Bergen area (west coast of Norway) once.

My mother was very knowledgeable indeed, knew umpty sorts of edible mushrooms. There are mushroom clubs/associations in Norway, usually led by botanists; they do scientific work as well as arrange excursions to different areas in the season.

The best places of all are those where there are animals grazing, they spread the "seeds". Grazing horses are good "providers" of champignon. Up in Finnmark (up towards the North Pole) there were so many mushrooms everywhere you got completely cross-eyed. They had sheep as well as raindeer herds.

He-he. That is so. There are many good mushroom spot around Oslo (as there were around Moscow, where I grew up). My preference lies with (in Norwegian) steinsopp, brunn- and rødskrubb, as well as piggsopp and kantarelle - (sorry, don't know their English names: Google translate suggests boletus, brown scrub, leccinum versipelle for the first three)

Marianne Skanland

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 07:51:30 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2015, 07:43:33 PM by Marianne Skanland

My preference lies with (in Norwegian) steinsopp, brunn- and rødskrubb, as well as piggsopp and kantarelle - (sorry, don't know their English names: Google translate suggests boletus, brown scrub, leccinum versipelle for the first three)
Certainly those are good species. I would add some more, my fancy for mushrooms is getting the better of me.

Italians are mushroom-mad, the authorities have had to put firm restrictions on how much one is allowed to pick, or else several good species would be eradicated completely.

Anglo-saxons have always been primitive regarding mushrooms, so their names for them are a sorry, inadequate, despicable little vocabulary also. They tend to call the edible species "mushrooms" and the inedible and poisonous ones "toadstools" and leave it at that. (Funny thing, did anyone ever see a toad/frog sitting on a mushroom, or how did it get that name?) But anyway:

Among the "boletus", the types with something like sponge with pores opening on the underside of the hat (rørsopp), there are also

smørsopp (butter mushroom);
lerkesopp (larch mushroom, grows only under larch trees, since they are in symbiosis with larch trees);
sandsopp (sand mushroom) - which has orange-yellow "meat" which turns a vivid ink blue when you cut it and it is exposed to air;
fløyelsrørsopp (velvet sponge mushroom), and a few more.

Among the "gill mushrooms", the types with sort of sections under the hat, from the stem outwards (skivesopp):

the best of all I hold to be ekte riske (genuine riske (whatever "riske" can be translated as)). It is yellow, with green rings and a dip at the centre of the hat, grows rather deep in grass meadows, not so much in forests, delightful nut-like taste, the only trouble is that maggots and worms like them as well as we do, so they are usually worm-eaten;

rimsopp (white frost mushroom), beige-yellow, with a ring under the hat and sort of shiny shells over the ring, beige gills;

then there is vanlig sleipsopp (common sticky mushroom) which has a brown/darkish hat, often with darker spots which make it look rotten, grey gills rather far apart under the hat, lemon-coloured "socks" at the bottom of the stem. The "sticky" part of its name stems from a sort of sticky "veil", which prevents flies from getting at it and laying eggs. So it is almost always completely clean and nice. The lemon-yellow sock makes it uniquely identifiable, no danger of mistaking something poisonous for vanlig sleipsopp. Yum yum;

honningsopp (honey mushroom) grows on rotting wood. It used to be quite popular and it tastes good, but some years ago the botanists found that it does contain a poison which slowly nibbles at your liver!, so there is now a warning out in "mushroom circles" against it;

then there is frostsopp - no, I think the proper name is frostvokssopp (frost wax mushroom, grows very late in the autumn), of different colours;

blåmusseron (blue mushroom, also late, electric blue colour), grows on fermenting rubbish dumps, you can take some soil on which it grows home with you, and if you are lucky, the "roots" (mycel) will manage to grow again, so you can grow it in your garden if you take care to give it some wet, rotten leaves.

And of course all the kremle types, some are more or less poisonous, but not terribly to, and you can test it by tasting a little bite, if it is unpleasant, then you spit it out and throw the mushroom away, if it tastes good, then it IS good.

Actually, the disreputable "fly agaric" family, whose members include deadly poisonous green, brown, yellow and white fly agaric species (in addition to the very well known red one, with white spots - it is poisonous, but not usually deadly, I believe one vomits and it doesn't exactly improve your intestines, kidneys and liver - the vikings were reputed to eat red fly agaric to make them angry-wild and combative, it sounds very unpleasant) - - but anyway, that family also has some species which are edible and very good: ringløs fluesopp (ring-less fly agaric, no ring under the hat, different colours), and then rødnende fluesopp (blushing fly agaric), whose meat turns rose-coloured, but take care not to confuse it with the brown species.
Actually, I saw a kind of landscape exhibition once in France, with green fly agaric thrown in, growing in moss. The guide who commented on the exhibition said that e.g. in Greece green fly agaric can be eaten, because the weather is so dry that the mushroom does not have the necessary moisture to develop the poison. - I wouldn't like to try it out.

This excursion is getting far away from Russia, I am afraid. But mushrooms can be a passion.

ThePrinceofTea

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 12:46:44 PM

hehehe, I think that some mushrooms are the largest, heaviest and oldest living organisms on earth...

now a good russian insider joke : How is the weather... hahahahahah...

you know why?

where? ahahahha.
ThePrinceofTea

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:25:43 PM

Dear Russian Friends (you know who you are)

Could you please evacuate at least your families from Moscow, direction to Nemo Homeland. Please guys leave with them, the friend of the rapist of italy isn't worth dying for.

thank you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: