Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:36:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HungerCoins SCAM  (Read 807 times)
m4rtin (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 11:57:23 PM

Since this is my first post I'll start by saying hello it is good to be here...

... hit my head against the keyboard again and share how stupid I was sending bitcoins to HungerCoins SCAM!!!

I all started by reading a post about why people play SatoshiDICE etc when someone suggested playing HungerCoins - so I've switched to that thread, and read page after page to see people sucessfully wining some amount. I didn't read the whole thread to the end and decided to give it a go to later find out this is a SCAM.

AHhh I was searching for help - beating myself inside for being that stupid. I was that stupid that I even didn't saw all those red XXXXX near the users nickname. I would go all day describing what was in my head but I'll narrow it to some basic constructive thoughts/questions.

1. Maybe the reason why the post is still on this forum is because one of Elders changed the account number just to see how many more stupid users like me will fall for that - I guess I'm being more naive now - am I?

2. If not why is this post even online or why is the bitcoin account still in the thread?

If any moderator is here reading this PLEAS REMOVE THE BITCOIN ACCOUNT from the HungerCoins SCAM so that other stupid new bitcoins users won't fail the way I did.

Thank You
reyals

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 01:12:31 AM

Yah that is sort of odd... they should remove the post if it's a confirmed scam....
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 01:27:34 AM

welcome to bitcoin. zhis is not how things are done around here. scams are not deleted, but actively supported. have a nice stay.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 02:07:21 AM

just to see how many more stupid users like me will fall for that

FWIW, there were no other payments, so if that 3.5 BTC was yours, you were the only one.

- http://blockchain.info/address/1Fhoq69gYN5a61Yhv3Rc3ufCkDiryqybVK

After reading your post though, I did raise the issue on another thread:

Even small measures help even if they don't stop the schemes completely and it isn't the silver bullet. There is no need to make it easy for those types.

Here's an example of someone new who didn't understand what a scammer tag meant and sent coins to a now-outed scam service where the operator has run:

HungerCoins SCAM
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117309.0

The solution there might be to have posts by a scammer stand out differently, perhaps with a scammer background image in the posts's div, for instance.

Or perhaps a separate board (thread cemetary) where threads from which the scammer operated can be moved.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

m4rtin (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 07:37:29 AM

FWIW, there were no other payments, so if that 3.5 BTC was yours, you were the only one.

- http://blockchain.info/address/1Fhoq69gYN5a61Yhv3Rc3ufCkDiryqybVK

Yes the 3.5 BTC wasted is me.

I guess even simple 1Fhoq69gYN5a61Yhv3Rc3ufCkDiryqybVK would help alot.
m4rtin (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 12:29:06 PM

I see the scam account is in the strikethrough mode.
Thanks to whoever did that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: