Bitcoin Forum
August 18, 2024, 09:12:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: creating an alt to fiat yet replicating whats wrong with it?  (Read 598 times)
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 07:47:21 AM

i see most of the crypto crowd can't get the head around being a pure p2p alt to fiat.

comments?
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 09:31:53 AM

How do you connect credit card/bank account/paypal/etc to a p2p platform?

Not your keys, not your coins!
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 09:54:36 AM

in my opinion you shouldn't,. think right outside the current system. once you can link them to a the fiat system they simply become a fiat token., which again half defeats the opportunities.
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 10:25:31 AM

Fiat has two advantages over crypto:

* Accessibility
* Price stability
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 10:34:07 AM

in my opinion you shouldn't,. think right outside the current system. once you can link them to a the fiat system they simply become a fiat token., which again half defeats the opportunities.

What I mean is how do you connect them in terms of actual trading assuming by p2p alt to fiat you meant trading fiat and crypto on in a p2p environment.

Not your keys, not your coins!
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 10:40:55 AM

What I mean is how do you connect them in terms of actual trading assuming by p2p alt to fiat you meant trading fiat and crypto on in a p2p environment.

again trying to get away from the whole fiat system mindset, yes fiat's themselves get their 'price' from being exchange traded (not from guns like tin hats say), tis also the way now cryptos do (not at all via the electricity and eqiup expenditure like most people here believe).

now next followup question would be then how to you obtain said p2p currency, and/or how do you give it a 'price'.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 04:35:01 PM

again trying to get away from the whole fiat system mindset, yes fiat's themselves get their 'price' from being exchange traded (not from guns like tin hats say), tis also the way now cryptos do (not at all via the electricity and eqiup expenditure like most people here believe).

now next followup question would be then how to you obtain said p2p currency, and/or how do you give it a 'price'.

Dude, you are correct that ALL crypto today is just a "fiat token"...
That's why Bitcoin will NEVER go "mainstream" because most people see no benefit to "fiat tokens".

Your larger philosophy involves overthrowing something like the US or German or Russian government...
So you need to spell out how many troops, military hardware you will need... and how you will pay for it.

For example, a "professional" 2,000 man militia in 3rd world country cost about $10,000,000/year...
And that would get wiped out in a few days of air strikes by any medium sized military power.
Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 05:01:45 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 09:01:19 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 05:11:09 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 09:01:02 PM by Sir Alpha_goy