Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:07:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Interested in revitalizing Timekoin?  (Read 1086 times)
natugle (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 03:16:50 PM

I am a new member. I joined this forum to see if I can find somebody interested in running a cryptcurrency project.

Timekoin is in my opinion a very interesting project. But it seems to be dying. The forum has been down for months and no news from the main developer in the last year. Well, there are still around 15-16 Timekoin servers running, but everything else has stopped. The developer doesn't respond to mails.

I have looked into the PHP source codes. I'm not an expert in PHP, but the server and client seem to be working quite well. And as far as I know nobody has clammed the 10.000 $ reward to anybody who hack into the system and produce 1 million Timekoins. So I think it is a shame to waste the project.

However, I think that to run a project like Timekoin there is a need for a team or a group, not just one person. Therefore I would like to know if anyone would be interested in participating in developing and maintaining a revived Timekoin project?

Regards

Bjorn / natugle

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Digitalcoin Foundation

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 02:36:57 AM

What is special about this coin? Specs/white paper anywhere?
CoinThug

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 07:18:21 AM

I am a new member. I joined this forum to see if I can find somebody interested in running a cryptcurrency project.

Timekoin is in my opinion a very interesting project. But it seems to be dying. The forum has been down for months and no news from the main developer in the last year. Well, there are still around 15-16 Timekoin servers running, but everything else has stopped. The developer doesn't respond to mails.

I have looked into the PHP source codes. I'm not an expert in PHP, but the server and client seem to be working quite well. And as far as I know nobody has clammed the 10.000 $ reward to anybody who hack into the system and produce 1 million Timekoins. So I think it is a shame to waste the project.

However, I think that to run a project like Timekoin there is a need for a team or a group, not just one person. Therefore I would like to know if anyone would be interested in participating in developing and maintaining a revived Timekoin project?

Regards

Bjorn / natugle

Can you tell us more about Timekoin. So we can know what we dealing with. Thanks
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 07:44:32 AM

seems dead to me.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 09:46:00 AM

No, it's not dead. There are some transactions on its blockchain. There are some slow but ongoing development as I see, so I'd say its pretty much alive but unused.

Whitepaper is here: http://timekoin.org/images/documents/timekoin.pdf ...and it looks like an interesting concept.
Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 12:01:51 PM

I like this concept very much, but question the marketing potential of "Timekoin".

On the other hand, integrating this concept into a marketable POW coin that suffers from inconsistent block creation times due to periodic massive hashrates, could be a marriage made in, well, cyberspace.

TT
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 12:12:29 PM

Well, I liked the coin but actually I think it deserves the less interest. You need at least a good community in order to revive the coin again and I doubt that there are the amount of people who wants to support this.
natugle (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:33:10 AM

Thanks for the answers.

Well, I said dying not dead. Ther are still a few servers running.

If anybody want to learn more about timekoin the best place is here: https://timekoin.com/ Basicly it is different from most coins, because it is not a bitcoin clone.

If one should revive timekoin a good community is needed and that was exactly what I was looking for here :-) But the interest seems to be very little. :-(

I guess I have to look somewher else.

warmach

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:58:09 PM

I just came across this. I was involved in timekoin originally and would be interested in starting up again. I know you did not get much interest here. Find some anywhere else?
warmach

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 12:06:17 AM

Forum is back up...

http://forums.timekoin.org/
funnow

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 10:50:15 AM

Also the development and other things are back.
The last version of the server is 3.61.
cointron

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 04:34:02 PM

seems dead to me.
It´s completely alive an healthy, believe me.
cointron

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 04:36:13 PM

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/timekoin/
funnow

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2021, 11:11:27 AM

TimeKoin updates will be posted soon.

And greetings to all believers in TK!
funnow

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2021, 10:19:38 AM

And there is the link http://timekoin.net/index.php back online

Keep mining
pool_keeper

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2021, 12:32:38 AM

timekoin is starting to get some traction again, I think the "green" coin angle is really working to its advantage this time around.

Word on the street there is at least one mainstream exchange setting up their nodes in preparation for integration.

The barrier to entry for mining is not hardware but a buy in fee (stake) which at this point can be donated to you by the founders if you are interested in mining at this early stage otherwise, once the exchange starts trading you will need to purchase the buy-in fee at market price.

electricity consumption = no more than a 12v raspberry pi
blockchain size is currently at 6GB (not a huge penalty to download)

I've got a good feeling about this and if you would like a low-risk punt. why not join in?
twinflame

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 09, 2022, 11:57:30 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2022, 12:34:50 PM by twinflame

Check out the https://timekoin.net/index.php/tk-charts regularly.

The total daily transaction amounts increased the end of last year and still showing on the site (last 19 days showing on the site). Minor issues have been ironed out and additional improvements have been made past months through software updates. Right now the Timekoin network is quite stable.

The amount of generating servers has increased considerably. 92 generating Timekoin peers at the moment on
a total of 122 Timekoin servers. Database size 6.647 GB.
twinflame

View Profile
January 14, 2022, 11:56:12 AM

The Timekoin forum is back up again. Just saw it today as it was up since August 2021.  Smiley

The link is https://timekoin.net/forums/index.php
twinflame

View Profile
November 27, 2022, 11:42:51 AM

I saw that the Timekoin forum is offline for a bit for server clean up. It's been down for some weeks now, just waiting for it to come online again.
twinflame

View Profile
June 06, 2023, 09:23:50 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2023, 08:45:31 PM by twinflame

Just an update:

The Timekoin forum has been down for some 8 months or so now. Here are some stats as the amount of Timekoin in circulation has passed the 20 million mark:

The amount of generating Timekoin servers at this moment: 45
The amount of Timekoin servers total: 62
Trade value 1 TK: $ 0.0328
Timekoin in circulation: 20,004,182 TK
Database size 7.8 GB.

With this amount of generating servers we're looking at about 10,000 TK created on a daily basis and about 3,650,000 TK yearly.

Do check out https://timekoin.net for updated Timekoin circulation total and charts on https://timekoin.net/index.php/tk-charts.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: