Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:55:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you continue to support r/bitcoin and bitcointalk.com  (Read 3941 times)
itsamemario (OP)

Activity: 114
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:22:43 AM

I understand there is a lack of alternatives, and there is not a better place for up to date information.

But, in the light of Bitcoin and what it represents, neither of these platforms promote the same ideologies.  So, just curious to reach out and ask why the community continues to visit these sites?  What is your take?  Would you move to another platform? What would it take? What are your favorite alternatives?  And 170,000 odd subscribers, what # do you estimates is multiple user accounts (I personally have about 8 of those) and active Bitcoiners?
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:26:16 AM

because this is the best forum for talk about bitcoin and alternative currency.

doesn't fit in with your ideologies yet you're here posting and with 8 accounts no less? now why would anyone have 8 accounts?
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:33:43 AM

But, in the light of Bitcoin and what it represents, neither of these platforms promote the same ideologies.

What do you think Bitcoin represents? It is impossible to understand your argument if you don't clarify this.

I have thought of leaving the forum because of the numerous garbage and troll posts that appeared in the last couple of years, but not because of ideological reasons.
PieCrafted

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:34:08 AM

I believe that if we have 1 main forum, everyone will see no point in making another because they will loose all of their stats and posts.

But, if you don't like it, make your own forum. No one is stopping you.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:35:47 AM

This is still where most of the action is, dead forums are no fun.

OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:46:07 AM

I'm OK w/ bitcointalk.org.  I don't like reddit, but that's just me.  I found my way here as a beginner back in the days when blockchain.info linked to threads here.  I wonder why they stopped that?

I like the format here too vs. reddit.  It's a little easier to explore topics at some length vs. reddit.
itsamemario (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:05:00 AM

But, in the light of Bitcoin and what it represents, neither of these platforms promote the same ideologies.

What do you think Bitcoin represents? It is impossible to understand your argument if you don't clarify this.

I have thought of leaving the forum because of the numerous garbage and troll posts that appeared in the last couple of years, but not because of ideological reasons.

Consensus, decentralization and innovation.  All of which rely on discussion and debate in an open unbias environment to produce effective results and work in a positive direction.
itsamemario (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:06:18 AM

I believe that if we have 1 main forum, everyone will see no point in making another because they will loose all of their stats and posts.

But, if you don't like it, make your own forum. No one is stopping you.

My thread is clearly a question to hear others thoughts on the subject.  At what point in my post did I suggest I wasn't going to, wasn't capable of or had intention of creating one. Didn't simply asked for peoples feelings on the subject as you would do in a forum of discussion on a topic no? eat a dick.
itsamemario (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:07:48 AM

I'm OK w/ bitcointalk.org.  I don't like reddit, but that's just me.  I found my way here as a beginner back in the days when blockchain.info linked to threads here.  I wonder why they stopped that?

I like the format here too vs. reddit.  It's a little easier to explore topics at some length vs. reddit.

Fair enough, thanks for the reply!
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:24:15 AM

Consensus, decentralization and innovation.  All of which rely on discussion and debate in an open unbias environment to produce effective results and work in a positive direction.

I have been a miner since 2011 and I find the Mining and Technical discussion sections very informative. This is why I continue to visit this forum. You can't find the wealth of information that you can find here elsewhere.

As for the Bitcoin Discussion section, to be honest, I consider it to be mostly chit-chat and not to be taken seriously anymore these days. For technical reasons, I am against BIP101, so maybe I am don't feel the alleged censorship as others who are for this BIP might.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:28:39 AM

They continue to be the biggest games in town. Reddit doesn't really compute for me. I think it's a shit way to construct discussion and there's no way to delve into historical posts unlike here.

I find the censorship aspect odious in the extreme but ultimately it's a private enterprise and they can do what the hell they like. Hopefully more hands off forums will emerge but I don't hold out much hope.
itsamemario (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 03:11:05 AM

Consensus, decentralization and innovation.  All of which rely on discussion and debate in an open unbias environment to produce effective results and work in a positive direction.

I have been a miner since 2011 and I find the Mining and Technical discussion sections very informative. This is why I continue to visit this forum. You can't find the wealth of information that you can find here elsewhere.

As for the Bitcoin Discussion section, to be honest, I consider it to be mostly chit-chat and not to be taken seriously anymore these days. For technical reasons, I am against BIP101, so maybe I am don't feel the alleged censorship as others who are for this BIP might.

Cool to note.  I can definitely see where you are coming from on those topics, not my forte, but seems like the right place to be learning.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6720

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 03:31:36 AM

I continue to use bitcointalk since it is the go-to place for most bitcoin discussion and the fact that I don't understand reddit. I find the development and technical discussion subforum to be very helpful and very insightful into proposed changes and new ideas on how to do things.

The marketplace section is also a place I like to frequent and that section makes me money from people who want coding work done.

and of course, sig campaigns  Grin

stuff0577

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

More stuff will come.

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 03:32:28 AM

Mine was introduce by an employer. Since then i like to hangout in here. I didn't usually make a post. So i stay newbie after a year.

As for the issue in resizing the blockchain. You can share you thoughts here http://coin-vote.com/poll/55e8a33299baadff0a34acb7 I think it is also relevant.  Grin

DAILAI Peer-to-peer micro transport services
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 716

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:39:01 AM

Well, this is the site to come if you want to be informed about bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, it has a lot of intelligent posters, and it seems that in every page there is a golden nugget of knowledge ready to be picked up.
fruito

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:57:52 AM

Well, only this web my income comes..
not even only with signature but i usually sell account or provide a service to get some BTC
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 05:01:51 AM

I understand there is a lack of alternatives, and there is not a better place for up to date information.

But, in the light of Bitcoin and what it represents, neither of these platforms promote the same ideologies.  So, just curious to reach out and ask why the community continues to visit these sites?  What is your take?  Would you move to another platform? What would it take? What are your favorite alternatives?  And 170,000 odd subscribers, what # do you estimates is multiple user accounts (I personally have about 8 of those) and active Bitcoiners?

Anyone who has 8 accounts is clearly account farming and gets negative trust.
We just had an incident today where it was revealed that Quickseller was escrowing
for his own alts.

lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 05:14:27 AM

i do not support r/bitcoin until they are already stopped banning us for random reason.
lemme know what happened to the r/bitcoin ?
i have no idea, bitcointalk.org is much more freedom and less possibility of random post deletion.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
nero987

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 05:32:00 AM

I'm not really following the r/bitcoin, I just don't like reddit as a whole...
And about this forum... Just because there are no (at least, I haven't found any) decent alternatives I guess?
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 06:01:50 AM

First you're wrong to mentioned bitcointalk.org on your title thread.
I'm not follow bitcoin on reddit, because my internet provider is suck their block reddit site. So, bitcoin forum which i followed is this forum. My alt site for up to date information about Bitcoin is bitcoin site news like coindesk, cointelegraph, bitcoin magazine and i followed the news through twitter and facebook too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: