Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:47:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Tragedy of the Core  (Read 1927 times)
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 11:30:07 PM

Already most of people here recognise XT like danger for bicoin,whatdo you want from bitcoin core,everything was going in right direction,maybe slow  but right way.And now XT developers are trying to say that thay came to rescue btc from crash,lies.lies,lies

"maybe slow"?? Bullshit! This is the fucking Internet. We want big ass blocks and we want them now!  . We don't have time too wait.  It is not certain that there will be ANY block size increase and there won't be certainty until it actually happens.  If they at least implemented Garzik's 2MB blocks while we continued to work on a more permanent solution THEN I would be convinced that there is some assurance that a solution will come before the network gets jammed like the I5 in Los Angeles during rush hour.

If the debate is about scalability vs. decentralization or scalability vs. security (and youy damn well know it is), then there is NO commitment from a critical mass of core devs to increase blocksize with minimal impact on the other characteristics.  It's till a very much "IF" debate and not a "when and by how much" debate.  That is not progress.  That is unacceptable. 

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 11:41:10 PM

billyjoeallen, from time to time I have to remind myself that poe's law exists when I read your posts.

And gavin un-subscribing from /r/Bitcoin, that's so fucking sweet! We comedy gold miners secretly hope for a schism in the literal sense and it seems we might get our wish. Cheesy
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 12:26:44 AM

Already most of people here recognise XT like danger for bicoin,whatdo you want from bitcoin core,everything was going in right direction,maybe slow  but right way.And now XT developers are trying to say that thay came to rescue btc from crash,lies.lies,lies

"maybe slow"?? Bullshit! This is the fucking Internet. We want big ass blocks and we want them now!  . We don't have time too wait.  It is not certain that there will be ANY block size increase and there won't be certainty until it actually happens.  If they at least implemented Garzik's 2MB blocks while we continued to work on a more permanent solution THEN I would be convinced that there is some assurance that a solution will come before the network gets jammed like the I5 in Los Angeles during rush hour.

If the debate is about scalability vs. decentralization or scalability vs. security (and youy damn well know it is), then there is NO commitment from a critical mass of core devs to increase blocksize with minimal impact on the other characteristics.  It's till a very much "IF" debate and not a "when and by how much" debate.  That is not progress.  That is unacceptable. 

Maybe you could sell them some block space? What if we all chip in?

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 02:09:58 AM

You might get a block increase, but you will be sorely disappointed by its results. Why do you want a block increase anyway?

To make bitcoin ready for future growth in transaction rate. To make room for new users, merchants and use cases. To keep transaction fees competitive and affordable to larger demographic. To give confidence to all actors in bitcoin space that the transaction rate will not be stunted by some artificial cap designed for a completely different purpose. To give an opportunity to Satoshi's vision that the  "eventual solution will be to not care how big it gets". (We wouldn't have bitcoin if he wasn't right in great many things)

Well, that's few reasons I could think just now, but there's probably more.

*two hands clapping*

Well said.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 02:38:22 AM

Maybe you could sell them some block space? What if we all chip in?
BJA has been emotional and/or logical for quite some time now about this whole blocksize debate so it'll be interesting to see what comes out of this .CA session that is upcoming. This bullcrap needs to be finalized so folks know whether to spec or dip. PM me the details if this shit is revealed overnight at some point. Ultimately bullish, tho.
brg444

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 02:45:28 AM

You might get a block increase, but you will be sorely disappointed by its results. Why do you want a block increase anyway?

To make bitcoin ready for future growth in transaction rate. To make room for new users, merchants and use cases. To keep transaction fees competitive and affordable to larger demographic. To give confidence to all actors in bitcoin space that the transaction rate will not be stunted by some artificial cap designed for a completely different purpose. To give an opportunity to Satoshi's vision that the  "eventual solution will be to not care how big it gets". (We wouldn't have bitcoin if he wasn't right in great many things)

boring

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 03:57:41 AM

boring

very sophisticated way to communicate, dude. Do you always react like that when you run out of firepower? Just goes to show...

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
brg444

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 04:12:18 AM

boring

very sophisticated way to communicate, dude. Do you always react like that when you run out of firepower? Just goes to show...

"Not care how big it gets"

Do you grok the implications of this?

I don't care if Satoshi said it this is nothing that deserves a serious response.

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 11:21:32 AM

boring

"Not care how big it gets"

Do you grok the implications of this?

I don't care if Satoshi said it this is nothing that deserves a serious response.

Bla blabla bla blabla bla!
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 02:46:40 PM

I still can't see the rationale of denying the larger block size. We know system has weaknesses yet we chose to accept and live with it. I guess you have to really see how broken it is before starts pressing the panic button.

AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 07:39:30 PM

Bitcoin works ok if you pay the normal fee. If you want to pay 0 fees, then expect problems. Isn't this a given by now? we can't stay and super mega low fees forever, so pay your goddamned fee (which is the same if you are paying 1 or 1000000000000000000 dollars).
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 08:58:25 PM

Bitcoin works ok if you pay the normal fee.

It works ok with the current amount of users.

Take 10 times as many users and no amount of fees will make the transaction demand fit into the blocks.

As it is, Bitcoin doesn't scale.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: