Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:16:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scandinavian banks/prepaid cards and bitcoin  (Read 3780 times)
seVell (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 11:20:42 AM

Excuse me for posting in english but I think it's better than using a translator.

All replies can be in your language. I'll use browser translation.

----------------------------------------------------

How do banks in Norway, Sweden and denmark work with bitcoin?

Is it safe to trade bitcoin with bank transfers?

Is there any local prepaid card that will work with bitcoin? Like xapo or advcash?

Is there any cards in Denmark, Sweden or Norway that could fit in what we are looking for in this thread?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173944.0

Please tell me all prepaid cards that you know and how easy is to get them.

If there are please also contribute directly in that thread.

How easy do you think it would be to approach a bank and ask them to issue a prepaid card with your logo and tailored to your needs?

Anyone with experience in that field?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
akaman

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:45:53 PM

How do banks in Norway, Sweden and denmark work with bitcoin?

As for Norway, my experience is bank don't work very well with Bitcoin. If you're lucky, they don't know what it is and don't care, otherwise they seem to be a bit on the paranoid side and prefer to not be involved.

For instance, DnB closed the bank acount of Justcoin effectively shutting down a very successful exchange in Norway.

Is it safe to trade bitcoin with bank transfers?

I myself sold some coins and was paid by bank transfers. As most people doing this, I experienced at some point one buyer initiating a (fraudulent) chargeback claiming non-delivery of coins, after which my bank (BNBank) made efforts to shut down my account (they froze it for a while and only reopened it after a lot of complaining). If you plan on selling coins and accepting deposit into your bank account, just make sure you have a paper trail of some sort in case your buyer tries to scam you (*especially* Germans!)

Is there any local prepaid card that will work with bitcoin? Like xapo or advcash?

I have no experience with prepaid cards, but I assume that pre-paid Visa/Mastercards obtained outside Scandinavia would also work within Scandinavia. The only pre-paid card provider I know of in Scandinavia is CCEDK (www.ccedc.com) which has several posts on this sub-forum.

Good luck.
sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 05:07:46 PM

I myself sold some coins and was paid by bank transfers. As most people doing this, I experienced at some point one buyer initiating a (fraudulent) chargeback claiming non-delivery of coins, after which my bank (BNBank) made efforts to shut down my account (they froze it for a while and only reopened it after a lot of complaining). If you plan on selling coins and accepting deposit into your bank account, just make sure you have a paper trail of some sort in case your buyer tries to scam you (*especially* Germans!)
German banks have very bad security.  The person sending you the money was almost certainly not the same who bought bitcoin!  In Germany many transfers are still done via paper by filling out a form and sending it to the bank.  If it is below 500 EUR, the bank will probably not check the signature, or do a very bad job at it.  German banks have an API as well, which is good and popular to use.  It doesn't support 2 factor authentication however, so if someone get your keys, e.g. via a Wintendo virus, you have lost.  And other problems.  I don't accept transfers of amounts below 500 EUR from German banks myself, decline everyone coming from VPNs and Tor, etc.  A few times I have called my bank and asked them to return the money and asked them to inform the sending bank because the scam was obviuos.

Note that you may get in real trouble if you refuse to return stolen money.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
akaman

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 05:12:48 PM

German banks have very bad security.  The person sending you the money was almost certainly not the same who bought bitcoin!  In Germany many transfers are still done via paper by filling out a form and sending it to the bank.  If it is below 500 EUR, the bank will probably not check the signature, or do a very bad job at it.  German banks have an API as well, which is good and popular to use.  It doesn't support 2 factor authentication however, so if someone get your keys, e.g. via a Wintendo virus, you have lost.  And other problems.  I don't accept transfers of amounts below 500 EUR from German banks myself, decline everyone coming from VPNs and Tor, etc.  A few times I have called my bank and asked them to return the money and asked them to inform the sending bank because the scam was obviuos.

Note that you may get in real trouble if you refuse to return stolen money.

True, not blaming the buyer necessarily, but more scams seem to come out of Germany, probably for said reason. The money was returned, and I had to make a vow to BNBank to stop all bitcoin related activity. So that was the end of that.
TCK

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:40:42 PM

Yeah, some germans made an altcoin, "Groestlcoin" and tried to trick me into buying a lot of it, but when I didn't, they kicked me out of their IRC channel.  Angry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: