Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:52:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can some one tell me more about Public notes in bitcoin transactions?  (Read 4097 times)
WorldOfBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 06:30:08 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2012, 10:11:59 PM by WorldOfBitcoin

Ive seen people sending messages via micro payments ig.    00100101010 are they just typing that in?

On blockchain.info they have an option for "Public Notes" it looks like adding micro coins on my transaction as well.  EDIT- there is no micro 10101 on this, I was mistaken.

what applications have you seen this in use? I more interested in eCommerence examples rather then anonymous messaging.

Could this be used a receipt signing? maybe even to keep track of inventory or sales? Merchant scans a product and signs the request BTC with product number?

If you were to make an app, could you use this messaging a type of handshake to verify payments?  

ig user A sends bitcoin to B. However C says it was his payment and contests transaction with B. If there was a handshake between A and B could add security.

doing some brainstorming.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 09:28:39 PM

what applications have you seen this in use? I more interested in eCommerence examples rather then anonymous messaging.

The blockchain is a horrible place for that.

ig user A sends bitcoin to B. However C says it was his payment and contests transaction with B. If there was a handshake between A and B could add security.

The latest on that is:

We need a payment protocol with non-repudiation built in.

See https://gist.github.com/2217885 for a multisig version (the singlesig version is simpler, but the merchant <-> customer communication will be the same).

and here:

[Bitcoin-development] Payment protocol thoughts
 - http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=CAAS2fgQN0zpbA4X276hs3dLR%3D_vX6Q5%3DAnHcquy1zpneu4zG2w%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=bitcoin-development

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

WorldOfBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 10:10:59 PM

Its an interesting thought to be able to see a business's public transactions and tell what other people are buying. If a company used a singular deposit address and signed all transactions with a product ID number. You could tell what products are popular.

I like the idea of having a way for business to keep a public ledger for tax purposes too. every transaction listed with product and price and time of sale.

I signed a few here.
http://blockchain.info/address/14C99on9MmBFtenge5tV9djZBDYon1okw6   

I'm just not sure if this is built into the bitcoin client or just a blockchain.info thing allowing the public notes.

Im reading though those other articles now. thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: