Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:47:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Like the name ion? (domain is ion.cash; vote on the NAME choice ONLY, not whether you like the coin or not)
yes - 35 (46.7%)
somewhat (will change my vote if preference firms over time) - 19 (25.3%)
no - 17 (22.7%)
undecided - 4 (5.3%)
Total Voters: 75

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ion discussion  (Read 9602 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 05:18:37 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2015, 06:24:42 AM by macsga

@ion.cash: If I may, here's a nice advice for you. If you don't like someone's behavior, you can build up a story as you see fit in order not to get frustrated (ie: your girlfriend dumps you - you explain it as "you had incompatible personalities"; NOT as "she found someone better"). In any case, since our time here is limited, don't waste your time into meaningful debates and oppressive thoughts.

I usually try to let my actions speak for me. From what I can tell, you're a "DO-er" not just a "Talker". Get your project going and I'm sure whoever has issues with your personality, brains potential, or scientific capabilities, they will get their answer in time...

PS:
Just to make things a bit funnier, here's a nice logo for you. It's my wife's favorite chocolate. Smiley

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 09:01:26 AM

Is there any ETA on when whitepaper or even just a general explanation of how you're archieving all those wonderfull things ?
I know you want to be very secretive about this and you prob have good reasons but at some point you're gonna have to tell people what's going on in order for them to trust your project.

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 03:06:04 PM

Yes seriously I don't have time to waste here on talk. We need action.

You all carry on, I am leaving the thread open. I'll delete anything that gets obnoxious.

Yeah of course I know what action is required to embarrass the fuck out of young punks.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 05:54:50 PM

I have given r0ach a private message with a very strong hint as to how I accomplish my design.

tromp
Legendary

Activity: 978
Merit: 1087

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 01:10:20 AM

And C++ is one of the most complex, grotesque languages ever with perhaps only Perl and Brainfuck making it look good.

Your mention of Brainfuck is quite off the mark,
as it is one of the simplest programming languages imaginable

(that fact that writing programs in Brainfuck is anything but simple
is a consequence of the language being simplified to an extreme).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainfuck

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 01:16:07 AM

And C++ is one of the most complex, grotesque languages ever with perhaps only Perl and Brainfuck making it look good.

Your mention of Brainfuck is quite off the mark,
as it is one of the simplest programming languages imaginable

(that fact that writing programs in Brainfuck is anything but simple
is a consequence of the language being simplified to an extreme).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainfuck

Hi tromp. Good to hear from you again.

Communicating in an overly simplistic language that is not semantically expressive is thus more complex.

It never ceases to amaze me how linear most people think. People latch onto to one perspective on an issue and lose the ability to see over the forest.  Whether it be conflating 'delegation' with 'trust' and 'centralization'. Or in this case conflating simplicity of syntax and operational semantics, with overall semantics.

tromp
Legendary

Activity: 978
Merit: 1087

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 01:22:29 AM

There appears to be a lot of overlap between your design and Sergio's DagCoin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1177633.0
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 01:45:49 AM

There appears to be a lot of overlap between your design and Sergio's DagCoin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1177633.0

Your post there is much closer to what I've been thinking. Note I am still looking at issues and trying to further improve what I have in mind.

One of the keys is that it must be impossible to censor a transaction based on UXTO.

ion.cash (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Mining will be unprofitable if we achieve that technical design goal. Only users that send transactions or who don't count their insignificant electricity cost will mine.

Did you just reveal that mining has a proof of burn involved because I don't see any other way for that statement to work otherwise.

I already told you that if users are required send PoW with each transaction and they don't care about their insignificant electrical cost then PoW will be unprofitable, especially if the CPU-only hash has been well designed to be within an order-of-magnitude of the potential ASIC optimization. In my recent archives (July?), smooth and I estimated this order-of-magnitude for Cryptonite at between 1 and 2, and I believe mine may be slightly better than Cryptonite.

There is your first example of me doing something technical you formerly thought is impossible. And there will be many more such cases. Stay tuned...

Not sure what thread is now the right place to post technical questions, so gonna post here:

* If there is no mining incentive, why mine the chain?

* If difficulty is low enough for joe public to mine their own transactions (and assuming only the sender can mine his own transactions), doesn't that open the chain to attack by server farms under the control of one individual?

1. There is a mining requirement because transactions sent without proof-of-work mining share would form a rejected block, thus will not be accepted by any block.

2. The sender of the transaction doesn't need to win a block to send a transaction. I claim a 51% attack is impossible in my design. The specifics on how I accomplish that protection is not going to be discussed now. It hinges on objectivity which Satoshi's design doesn't have. Sincerely I feel bad for not being able to discuss the specifics on that now (I am eager to of course, because I am proud of my design even if it is not perfect because nothing is perfect) but please do not drag me into another argument because that particular feature is my intellectual property. I am trying to accelerate my coding so I can get the white paper and code released into the open source asap so we can open discussion on the specifics.
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 01:41:48 PM

1. There is a mining requirement because transactions sent without proof-of-work mining share would form a rejected block, thus will not be accepted by any block.

2. The sender of the transaction doesn't need to win a block to send a transaction. I claim a 51% attack is impossible in my design. The specifics on how I accomplish that protection is not going to be discussed now. It hinges on objectivity which Satoshi's design doesn't have. Sincerely I feel bad for not being able to discuss the specifics on that now (I am eager to of course, because I am proud of my design even if it is not perfect because nothing is perfect) but please do not drag me into another argument because that particular feature is my intellectual property. I am trying to accelerate my coding so I can get the white paper and code released into the open source asap so we can open discussion on the specifics.

For 1, I was more asking why a miner would be incentivised to mine a chain with no block reward.

I can see how a 51% would be impossible in a system where only you can mine your transactions, but it looks like this is not your design. In the system I was musing about, the 51% attack was replaced with the attacker only having to outpace the recipient of the transaction, which is much worse than only having to outpace the network.
ion.cash (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 02:38:34 PM

For 1, I was more asking why a miner would be incentivised to mine a chain with no block reward.

I can see how a 51% would be impossible in a system where only you can mine your transactions, but it looks like this is not your design. In the system I was musing about, the 51% attack was replaced with the attacker only having to outpace the recipient of the transaction, which is much worse than only having to outpace the network.

Okay I admit you don't know my design yet. You'll see why I say the objectivity is different and allows identifying the 51% attack as distinct from the honest chain once I release the white paper. Whether you will find a flaw or not remains to be seen. And again I need to get back to coding. Hope we can do that evaluation and peer review soon. Thanks.
ion.cash (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 02:09:34 AM

I disappeared for longer than expected due to health issues which were preventing me from having any mental energy for working. I have detailed this over the past days under my other username TPTB_need_war.

I am on the 4th consecutive day of continuous reasonably pain-free health and somewhat reasonable energy level (still not ideal, but not always zombified). I was able to run 2.25 kms at 8:30 mile pace in the hot tropical sun each of the past 3 days (will attempt again after writing this), got one barbell and basketball shoot around workout in those 3 days also, and 2 of those days I exceed 4 kms with a second run later in the day. I also finally got my driver's license renewal (which is critical for being able to get daily errands done efficiently) which had represented a big hurdle due to the unwillingness of the LTO (land transportation office) to issue a driver's license with night time driving privilege to someone blind in one eye (as I am). I had to get a medical certificate from an ophthalmologist which was a struggle to accomplish due to the low energy I was experiencing, as well very difficult to find one who wasn't on vacation.  Then my uncorrected eye sight had declined from 20/40 to 20/70 just since early August (perhaps due to the 10 day fasting I attempted as a cure in late August, but I don't know). My vision should improve as my overall health does, since it is hypothesized (but not clinically verified yet) that the gut dysbiosys is driving the autoimmunity which is attacking my visual cortex.

In any case, a big change in diet to focus on live probiotics, wild grown green leaves, raw tuna, and restarted my vitamin D3 supplementation but at a more subdued level of 20,000 IU daily, so far has me in an improving state-of-health over the past 4 days.

As of today, I have completed both the single-threaded and multi-theaded coding for the linear probe hash table which is a central component of the algorithm I am developing. Here is the heading comment for the multi-threaded version of it. I still intend to post some open source code soon to demonstrate progress. My health has been really debilitating and I have done Herculean effort to try to cure it. I don't think words could describe the minute-by-minute struggle I have been fighting.

Code:
package collections.hashed

/*
TODO: in Scala 3 we can require KEY, VAL, and CNT to be Int or Long, since we
      can express a first-class disjunction type.
*/
trait LinearProbe[@specialized(Int,Long) KEY, @specialized(Int,Long) VAL, @specialized(Int,Long) CNT] {
  def count: CNT
  // Whether entry was inserted. Value ‘0’ will return ‘false’ (internally ‘0’ values denote an empty entry).
  def insert(key: KEY, value: VAL): Boolean
  // Whether entry was removed.
  def remove(key: KEY): Boolean
  // Value that matches the given key, else ‘0’.
  def value(key: KEY): VAL
}

/*
Thread-safe LinearProbeLongInt optimized for ‘insert’, ‘find’, and ‘value’ (but not ‘remove’).
Do not employ more threads than hardware threads.

Writers are sequentially synchronized, and readers run asynchronously. Writers
wait for all active readers to complete, and readers wait for all queued writers
to complete. Non-blocking coordination is employed because a context-switch
costs a thousandth to a hundredth of a millisecond, i.e. 100,000 - 1 million
operations per second. Whereas, the critical sections of the ‘insert’, ‘find’,
and ‘value’ have a throughput in excess of 10 million operations per second.

The lines of code added to make this class thread-safe are tagged with /**/
*/
class ThreadedInsertLinearProbeLongInt(bits: Byte, lsr: Byte) extends LinearProbe[Long, Int, Int] {

I do not expect to post often. I'll post when there are significant developments.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:25:06 PM

I had to come back to post something very important. Seems Monero is attempting to duplicate my invention. I will be posting this on the Ion thread as well.

The brand new Ring Confidential Transactions for Monero appears to me to be broken:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/3oi16k/ring_ct_for_monero_a_work_in_progress_comments/cvzval5

macsga
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:28:39 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2015, 09:51:35 PM by macsga

I had to come back to post something very important. Seems Monero is attempting to duplicate my invention. I will be posting this on the Ion thread as well.

The brand new Ring Confidential Transactions for Monero appears to me to be broken:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/3oi16k/ring_ct_for_monero_a_work_in_progress_comments/cvzval5

There's only one thing that proves your excellence: To be imitated/copied. I'd be very glad if I were you. I might even join their efforts like a valuable advisor... Smiley

Edit: This is a serious advice. Your ideas may transform XMR to what you're trying to accomplish by your own.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:01:11 PM

There's only one thing that proves your excellence: To be imitated/copied. I'd be very glad if I were you. I might even join their efforts like a valuable advisor... Smiley

Edit: This is a serious advice. Your ideas may transform XMR to what you're trying to accomplish by your own.

If they offer enough money, they can receive my white paper. No one has contacted me.

macsga
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:13:35 PM

If they offer enough money, they can receive my white paper. No one has contacted me.

I wouldn't expect it so fast. I just learned this from your post that they want to implement this feature; on the other hand, why don't you lay the first hand? Maybe they never heard of ion so far! Ask somebody from their dev-team and talk about your achievements. The post you typed on reddit is very minimal - how would they know if you're for real?

If I were you I'd propose a tit-for-tat deal. Maybe (just maybe) they will listen to you and offer you money to confront your health situation. I know some people there will certainly have open ears for your story.

I'd go for it! It's probably the best deal!

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:20:21 PM

they all know who I am. they know how to send me a private message if they are interested. Instead I am certain they will go try to invent it themselves. Monero apparently doesn't have significant funds to pay developers because they didn't sell any coins. Everything was mined. Any way, I was always willing to work for those who would pay me well. I've never received an offer to be well paid for my efforts in cryptoland.

myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:33:08 PM

[emphasis mine]

I've been quietly following this thread, but I see that perhaps I missed something very important along the way.
Where can this invention of yours be seen? Was there some whitepaper draft or something posted that I missed?

Edit: Btw, just expressed my vote. I really like the (ion) name.

Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:46:14 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2015, 12:13:20 AM by Johnny Mnemonic

they all know who I am. they know how to send me a private message if they are interested. Instead I am certain they will go try to invent it themselves. Monero apparently doesn't have significant funds to pay developers because they didn't sell any coins. Everything was mined. Any way, I was always willing to work for those who would pay me well. I've never received an offer to be well paid for my efforts in cryptoland.

We (the Monero community) certainly know who you are, but we don't know what you want. You say "enough money" but that doesn't give anyone even a ballpark expectation. We've already crowdfunded development work and other initiatives and could certainly attempt to raise money, but your vagueness implies your work can't ever be afforded.

If you don't think that's the case, then name your price and we'll see who contributes. I get that you don't want to show your hand, but if you're waiting for Smooth or Fluffypony to PM you and make you an offer, I wouldn't expect that to happen, because that's not really how decisions get made on this project. That doesn't mean you can't get what you want, however.
stellargratis

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:59:20 PM

It is Good coin name...
where is have it....??  Wink Wink Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: