Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:48:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Krugman doing to Bitcoin what he did to oil?  (Read 1119 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 09:22:43 AM

Is Krugman doing to Bitcoin what he did to oil?

Paul Krugman, the Nobel Prize winning American Economist was in the limelight once again for his comments regarding Bitcoin. This time he was on a panel at the 92Y’s 7 Days of Genius event. The panel was inappropriately called ‘The Genius of Economics’. Mr. Krugman has hated bitcoin since it’s birth. He has gone on record many times berating the currency and taking a knock at its supporters.

https://ihb.io/2015-09-08/news/is-krugman-doing-to-bitcoin-what-he-did-to-oil-23379

Genius forecaster  Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 09:58:48 AM

Paul Krugman, the Nobel Prize winning American Economist was in the limelight once again for his comments regarding Bitcoin. This time he was on a panel at the 92Y’s 7 Days of Genius event. The panel was inappropriately called ‘The Genius of Economics’. Mr. Krugman has hated bitcoin since it’s birth. He has gone on record many times berating the currency and taking a knock at its supporters.

https://ihb.io/2015-09-08/news/is-krugman-doing-to-bitcoin-what-he-did-to-oil-23379

i'd consider a panel including a Nobel Prize winning Economist as appropriately named 'The Genius of Economics'.

funny thing is most 'genius' on this forum have done little in the real world, and add to that i've not seen even a core dev past or present have any real understanding of economics.

almost no one here understands how bitcoin gets its price, and most claim btc victory based on its price vs USD  Roll Eyes
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 04:33:15 PM

what ever it is but by this we can see that now most of the high professionals want to link themself with bitcoin history, its a good sign that coming future of bitcoins is very good, and we can expect sudden boom in this bitcoin market.

freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 06:38:59 PM

i'd consider a panel including a Nobel Prize winning Economist as appropriately named 'The Genius of Economics'.

funny thing is most 'genius' on this forum have done little in the real world, and add to that i've not seen even a core dev past or present have any real understanding of economics.

almost no one here understands how bitcoin gets its price, and most claim btc victory based on its price vs USD  Roll Eyes

Or maybe it should have said "The Genius of Keynesian Economics".  I went to see a debate with Krugman a couple years ago, and he is good at debating because he is easily to tempt listeners into tangents, and speaks confidently and arrogantly.  For Keynesian economics, he has decent arguments, but is unable to properly debate with libertarian/austrian economics views without being dismissive and lacking an explanation.  He doesn't entertain thought other than this own.  I prefer to see someone entertain the thoughts of others as deep as they can go, and then start picking apart the holes.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 10:16:28 PM

The thing i got at the moment people are talking more about bitcoin,it is starting to left the stage people put it into,i mean bitcoin is bad dont use dont buy,big names will appear some against other supporting we need debate more about it being volatil is very atractive ,there is some milions inside this already soo why not to talk about it the same way we talk about wars and others things...
luciann

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 10:20:48 PM

what ever it is but by this we can see that now most of the high professionals want to link themself with bitcoin history, its a good sign that coming future of bitcoins is very good, and we can expect sudden boom in this bitcoin market.

its def a obvious sign.

I mean why else would these VC`s pump millions of dollars, of course they would want this thing to grow and succeed. If its caught the banks attention which it did, then its going somewhere.

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:03:59 PM

The guy is a complete freaking moron...
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 07:50:22 AM

All that these geniuses of economics have given us is a financial system that is on the brink of collapse.

If he came up with a solution for the problems we have now then I'll consider him a genius but until then he is just one of those who contributed to the mess we are in at this stage.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 11:43:15 AM

All that these geniuses of economics have given us is a financial system that is on the brink of collapse.

If he came up with a solution for the problems we have now then I'll consider him a genius but until then he is just one of those who contributed to the mess we are in at this stage.

Economists don't provide solutions, they explain problems.  Wink
That said, people with traditional mindsets can't really understand Bitcoin's potential. Krugman has been wrong about crude, he has a far lesser probability about being right about Bitcoin.

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 07:57:12 PM

Genius and against bitcoin are opposite terms.

1) Genius
2) Anti-Bitcoin

Pick one. Specially as an economist. If he can't see the actual genius behind Bitcoin and if he can't see the endless disruption that it is going to do once things start rolling in the next decade, he just yet another former genius that goes from "genius" to failed prophet.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:01:46 PM

Economists don't provide solutions, they explain problems.  Wink
That said, people with traditional mindsets can't really understand Bitcoin's potential. Krugman has been wrong about crude, he has a far lesser probability about being right about Bitcoin.

Lol, this can't be more true... A lot of economist seem to know exactly what's going on with how exactly we are in trouble as a nation and in a global aspect, but can never develop a plan to get us out of it. No matter what any one says though, whoever does actually propose a solution to get the worlds national economies to gel together, will almost always get a majority of backlash because it follows a specific ideology (Marxism, capitalism, etc.) I just hope that one day a new, better ideology will come out with Bitcoin and gold as the staples of what keeps it going instead of fiat currencies... But you know how hard that'll be with old white men in central banks pulling string to keep that from happening.

bimasena25

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

https://bitcointester.com/

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 01:56:46 PM

The guy is a complete freaking moron...
yap, +1 same here
I thinking same with you about that

Bitcoin Tester

*Image Removed*
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 03:54:14 PM

Genius and against bitcoin are opposite terms.

1) Genius
2) Anti-Bitcoin

Pick one. Specially as an economist. If he can't see the actual genius behind Bitcoin and if he can't see the endless disruption that it is going to do once things start rolling in the next decade, he just yet another former genius that goes from "genius" to failed prophet.

I agree. But I'm not even sure, if Krugman deserves the title "former genius". To me, he basically part of the dying Keynesian system that has produced the biggest fiat money bubble in history and will lead us into dark ages.

The scholars of the economic mainstream are all alike: They fail to take reality into account and most of them are servants of the status-quo-governance.

It's great to see them fail, because they've done nothing good to humanity.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████