Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:51:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Verifing account of GLBSE discussion  (Read 13371 times)
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 07:32:45 AM

So how is GLBSE going to pay us back if he spends it on lawyers?

Not hard to figure out. He just won't pay you back.

Pirate did that too.

Bitcoinica as well..

Any big names I'm missing?

Theres a reason bitcoinica and glbse are similar.

what is it?
They both used Bootstrap, like almost every other website which takes Bitcoin?
I'm usually pretty skeptical but honestly, people jump to SCAM way too quick. No, the way he closed it was very sudden and inappropriate and unethical. But the situation "are we getting our bitcoins/assets back, yes or no", there is a lot more good signs than bad signs. First, he actually implements a plan and option to "supposedly" get it back. Second he followed and remediated to the outcry the requirement for aml documentation. Plus, somewhat some updates. No he doesn't answer publicly, but honestly that says nothing, if he would, every word he says would get trashed and would lead to nothing. So, to me, there is absolutely no reason to panic yet. Do I guarantee we are getting it back? No. Do you have enough to conclude we won't? Not more than I can guarantee. So anyone calling it scam right now is merely doing the same as blind betting.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HorseRider (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 08:06:27 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2012, 10:57:14 AM by HorseRider

I'm usually pretty skeptical but honestly, people jump to SCAM way too quick. No, the way he closed it was very sudden and inappropriate and unethical. But the situation "are we getting our bitcoins/assets back, yes or no", there is a lot more good signs than bad signs. First, he actually implements a plan and option to "supposedly" get it back. Second he followed and remediated to the outcry the requirement for aml documentation. Plus, somewhat some updates. No he doesn't answer publicly, but honestly that says nothing, if he would, every word he says would get trashed and would lead to nothing. So, to me, there is absolutely no reason to panic yet. Do I guarantee we are getting it back? No. Do you have enough to conclude we won't? Not more than I can guarantee. So anyone calling it scam right now is merely doing the same as blind betting.

+1

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 10:54:14 AM

Err - in case that was directed at me, I meant "take" as in "accepted," not "steals." I'd guess for commercial sites using Bootstrap, they're about 4x to 5x more likely to accept Bitcoin than any other commercial site.
Lucidize

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 11:36:50 AM

I can't even log in Sad

Really pissing me off now because at first the error says: wrong email or password
Then after the captcha it says: Auth code incorrect, please try again

Confused. I use 2FA and recently had to rescan a new login auth on my phone. Maybe it has reverted to my old log in. Can't think of any other reason why it would not be working.

Reported to support@glbse but not expecting an answer/solution this month.

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 11:55:38 AM

damnit. i must have just missed the processing period.

i got the login screen but after putting in my email and payout address i got a 404.

now the front page says:

Update:we are currently unable to process account closures, and will inform our users when this service resumes.

OK, you've got my attention.  I'll gladly take any brainstorming from people on what can be done with my electric bill, my ID and a picture of me with the date, my login & e-mail...

#1) Seriously, what could happen? 

#2) And what can I do about it now?

I'm pretty sure the answer to #1 is not too much (fingers crossed).

but I'm even more sure the answer to #2 is nothing...

gah, I guess this had to happen sooner or later.  Perhaps I should cancel or put a hold on my credit lines?  Any other ideas?

Nefario has enough to open an online bank account in your name. Plus hand your pic over to the grand jury.

Thank you for your thoughts & comments.

So Nefario can open an online bank account in my name.  This would show up on my credit report; so I can call the credit agency and have them lock down my credit line, so that only unlocking it would allow a new line of credit to be opened.  This costs $5 or something to turn on and off I think (based on what a co-worker told me).

However, say I don't do this, then what?  I guess he could open the account and try to over draft it and then peace out?  Then this would make me look bad and hit my credit as a default?  Hopefully, no institution would let more than $1,000 ish go like this.  I'll be making enough with bitcoins that I won't have to worry about silly fiat credit lines anyway... at least that's the plan for now.

Anything I'm missing?

As for the stock portfolio account in a country I don't know existed; not sure what other issues could happen with that.  Seems like people keep offshore accounts and don't go to jail all the time.  However, if someone were to link me with the account in the next 2 years (that's when my license will expire), there should be a trail of where the money came from.  Good thing I'm not involved with online anonymous digital currency/commodities that could have gotten the money there untraceable...

heh, oh well.  I'm not too worried of the risk just yet.  Perhaps, I'll lock my credit report since I don't need credit.  I've already got my house mortgage refinanced & won't be needing any additional debt anytime soon.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
sgravina

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 01:14:13 PM

I need to ask Nefario a question.  I do not know what my TYGRR.BOND-P code is.  If pirate pays back I don't know how to recover that value.  Nefario, could you please give it to me?

Since Nefario isn't talking I tried to contact him through the spirit world.  I had a seance with psychic people and everything.  Even in the realm of the dead Nefario is still not talking.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 02:10:25 PM

They both used Bootstrap, like almost every other failed BTC venture website that the retarded forum population wasn't slamming for "bad design"?

FIFY.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
matauc12

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 02:43:18 PM

i got the login screen but after putting in my email and payout address i got a 404.

now the front page says:

Update:we are currently unable to process account closures, and will inform our users when this service resumes.

OK, you've got my attention.  I'll gladly take any brainstorming from people on what can be done with my electric bill, my ID and a picture of me with the date, my login & e-mail...

gah, I guess this had to happen sooner or later.  Perhaps I should cancel or put a hold on my credit lines?  Any other ideas?

Nefario has enough to open an online bank account in your name. Plus hand your pic over to the grand jury.

So Nefario can open an online bank account in my name.  This would show up on my credit report; so I can call the credit agency and have them lock down my credit line, so that only unlocking it would allow a new line of credit to be opened.  This costs $5 or something to turn on and off I think (based on what a co-worker told me).

However, say I don't do this, then what?  I guess he could open the account and try to over draft it and then peace out?  Then this would make me look bad and hit my credit as a default?  Hopefully, no institution would let more than $1,000 ish go like this.  I'll be making enough with bitcoins that I won't have to worry about silly fiat credit lines anyway... at least that's the plan for now.

Anything I'm missing?

As for the stock portfolio account in a country I don't know existed; not sure what other issues could happen with that.  Seems like people keep offshore accounts and don't go to jail all the time.  However, if someone were to link me with the account in the next 2 years (that's when my license will expire), there should be a trail of where the money came from.  Good thing I'm not involved with online anonymous digital currency/commodities that could have gotten the money there untraceable...

heh, oh well.  I'm not too worried of the risk just yet.  Perhaps, I'll lock my credit report since I don't need credit.  I've already got my house mortgage refinanced & won't be needing any additional debt anytime soon.
You are never liable for any theft from your credit card company. Even if someone has all the information necessary, if ultimately if it wasn't you, you are not liable. And in most cases you don't really have to prove that it wasn't you, they have to prove it was you. (Camera, voice recognition, signature, address and/or pick up etc etc)
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 02:57:34 PM

now the front page says:

Anything I'm missing?

You are never liable for any theft from your credit card company. Even if someone has all the information necessary, if ultimately if it wasn't you, you are not liable. And in most cases you don't really have to prove that it wasn't you, they have to prove it was you. (Camera, voice recognition, signature, address and/or pick up etc etc)

Right, so having my utility bill and license and picture of me with my e-mail/login/date could potentially help someone not me "prove" or provide the "proof" that the credit card company needs.

Regardless, it may show up as a "ding" on my "credit report/score" and I don't know what the implications of that would be. 

Fold for spending BTCs

matauc12

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 03:18:32 PM

now the front page says:

Anything I'm missing?

Right, so having my utility bill and license and picture of me with my e-mail/login/date could potentially help someone not me "prove" or provide the "proof" that the credit card company needs.

Regardless, it may show up as a "ding" on my "credit report/score" and I don't know what the implications of that would be. 
YOU file a claim for fraud. Regardless of the information or documentation they had, once you file a claim, why would he "prove" them anything? Bottom line, card/info stolen and fraudulent charges are made, you file a claim, you get your money back. Your credit is unaffected. The stories you hear about peoples credit getting ruined is when someone basically steals your whole identity and uses it a while and opens lines of credits and loans under your identity. After a while your credit will be ruined and that's how you will learn about it, and again, you file a claim, and then its restored. The worst it can be is slightly inconvenient, probably even a little less inconvenient than worrying about it and crying about an harmless situation.
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 03:25:56 PM

Thanks matauc12 for the reassurance.  I agree that I won't be losing any sleep over this.  So hopefully it helps me get my BTC back.  If not, then oh well.

Perhaps I'll query my free credit report later this year and see if any new loans/ lines of credit pop up.  Smiley

cheers!

Fold for spending BTCs

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 04:03:37 PM

So a lot of us have finished the process on the web site.

Has anyone gotten their BTC back yet?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 05:03:47 PM

So a lot of us have finished the process on the web site.

Has anyone gotten their BTC back yet?

not this guy

Fold for spending BTCs

silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 05:07:54 PM

now the front page says:

Anything I'm missing?

YOU file a claim for fraud. Regardless of the information or documentation they had, once you file a claim, why would he "prove" them anything? Bottom line, card/info stolen and fraudulent charges are made, you file a claim, you get your money back. Your credit is unaffected. The stories you hear about peoples credit getting ruined is when someone basically steals your whole identity and uses it a while and opens lines of credits and loans under your identity. After a while your credit will be ruined and that's how you will learn about it, and again, you file a claim, and then its restored. The worst it can be is slightly inconvenient, probably even a little less inconvenient than worrying about it and crying about an harmless situation.

I had my identity stolen.  After I fixed all of the fradulent things with the 3 major credit agencies, I then asked my actual credit card companies to put the limits on my cards back to where they were (since they were radically lowered which is how I found out about the new cards/accounts that were overdrawn/maxed) not one bank/credit card company restored my card limits to where they were before the whole mess (that took about a year to straighten out).  My limits today, 5 years later, are still lower then before the mess.

My credit is still affected to this day.

Don't act like it all gets magically fixed once you clear up the mess, and that the mess doesn't cost you time and money to straighten out.

Getting your identity stolen totally sucks.
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 05:20:57 PM

now the front page says:

Anything I'm missing?

I had my identity stolen.  After I fixed all of the fradulent things with the 3 major credit agencies, I then asked my actual credit card companies to put the limits on my cards back to where they were (since they were radically lowered which is how I found out about the new cards/accounts that were overdrawn/maxed) not one bank/credit card company restored my card limits to where they were before the whole mess (that took about a year to straighten out).  My limits today, 5 years later, are still lower then before the mess.

Don't act like it all gets magically fixed once you clear up the mess, and that the mess doesn't cost you time and money to straighten out.

Thank you for your comments.  Do you have any recommendation for my situation?

Fold for spending BTCs

matauc12

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 05:52:21 PM

now the front page says:

Anything I'm missing?

Don't wanna go too off-topic, but may I ask if around that time or slightly before you might have into small financial difficulties (don't wanna be indiscrete either). Reason I ask is because usually when you get approved for increased limits, they will not decrease your credit line if you just have small financial difficulties (couple months late, and making occasional payments), but after going through identity theft I wouldn't be surprised they re-run your credit minus the theft.
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 06:40:43 PM

now the front page says:

OK, you've got my attention.  I'll gladly take any brainstorming from people on what can be done with my electric bill, my ID and a picture of me with the date, my login & e-mail...

gah, I guess this had to happen sooner or later.  Perhaps I should cancel or put a hold on my credit lines?  Any other ideas?

So Nefario can open an online bank account in my name.  This would show up on my credit report; so I can call the credit agency and have them lock down my credit line, so that only unlocking it would allow a new line of credit to be opened.  This costs $5 or something to turn on and off I think (based on what a co-worker told me).

However, say I don't do this, then what?  I guess he could open the account and try to over draft it and then peace out?  Then this would make me look bad and hit my credit as a default?  Hopefully, no institution would let more than $1,000 ish go like this.  I'll be making enough with bitcoins that I won't have to worry about silly fiat credit lines anyway... at least that's the plan for now.

Anything I'm missing?

As for the stock portfolio account in a country I don't know existed; not sure what other issues could happen with that.  Seems like people keep offshore accounts and don't go to jail all the time.  However, if someone were to link me with the account in the next 2 years (that's when my license will expire), there should be a trail of where the money came from.  Good thing I'm not involved with online anonymous digital currency/commodities that could have gotten the money there untraceable...

heh, oh well.  I'm not too worried of the risk just yet.  Perhaps, I'll lock my credit report since I don't need credit.  I've already got my house mortgage refinanced & won't be needing any additional debt anytime soon.

Well, it is a bit more serious than that. My gf had fraud done, actually the credit card company warned her and blocked her credit card. Lots of automatic payments on it... they all didn't get through... mortgage too late.... and that is what affects your credit rating....

Was a lot of hassle to get everything back in order... not to mention you get a new card, you have to re-file your new number with all the automatic payments

silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 07:02:29 PM

now the front page says:

OK, you've got my attention.  I'll gladly take any brainstorming from people on what can be done with my electric bill, my ID and a picture of me with the date, my login & e-mail...

gah, I guess this had to happen sooner or later.  Perhaps I should cancel or put a hold on my credit lines?  Any other ideas?

So Nefario can open an online bank account in my name.  This would show up on my credit report; so I can call the credit agency and have them lock down my credit line, so that only unlocking it would allow a new line of credit to be opened.  This costs $5 or something to turn on and off I think (based on what a co-worker told me).

However, say I don't do this, then what?  I guess he could open the account and try to over draft it and then peace out?  Then this would make me look bad and hit my credit as a default?  Hopefully, no institution would let more than $1,000 ish go like this.  I'll be making enough with bitcoins that I won't have to worry about silly fiat credit lines anyway... at least that's the plan for now.

Anything I'm missing?

As for the stock portfolio account in a country I don't know existed; not sure what other issues could happen with that.  Seems like people keep offshore accounts and don't go to jail all the time.  However, if someone were to link me with the account in the next 2 years (that's when my license will expire), there should be a trail of where the money came from.  Good thing I'm not involved with online anonymous digital currency/commodities that could have gotten the money there untraceable...

heh, oh well.  I'm not too worried of the risk just yet.  Perhaps, I'll lock my credit report since I don't need credit.  I've already got my house mortgage refinanced & won't be needing any additional debt anytime soon.

Don't wanna go too off-topic, but may I ask if around that time or slightly before you might have into small financial difficulties (don't wanna be indiscrete either). Reason I ask is because usually when you get approved for increased limits, they will not decrease your credit line if you just have small financial difficulties (couple months late, and making occasional payments), but after going through identity theft I wouldn't be surprised they re-run your credit minus the theft.

No difficulties, I had perfect credit, 15-20k card limits that dropped to 1.5k (from the fraudulent accounts/cards that were maxed and overdue (the total rip off was about 20k, I had to file police reports about the fraudulent accounts send them to the banks/companies so that they would give the credit agencies the ok to remove the negative items))  I went to buy christmas presents and my card was declined, I was like wtf..  My christmas present that year was to get my identity stolen.  

You really don't know what your talking about, until it happens to you.

I specifically asked my legit accounts, after I cleared up the fraudulent accounts, to raise my limits back to where they were and they didn't, they raised them up a lil from 1.5k and have raised them a few times since, but they are still below where they were FIVE years ago.
matauc12

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 09:10:14 PM

Honestly that's pretty weird. Zero liability for credit theft is not a credit card policy, its actually federal law. I don't wanna argue because I don't know the details, but the cc company seems to have failed to comply with federal laws in your case.
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 10:09:52 PM

Honestly that's pretty weird. Zero liability for credit theft is not a credit card policy, its actually federal law. I don't wanna argue because I don't know the details, but the cc company seems to have failed to comply with federal laws in your case.

Oh?  What federal law code section says that card limits have to be reset to pre fraud amounts?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: