Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:00:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any cheap lifetime vps through btc?  (Read 1464 times)
ANON.PURGED (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 10:03:18 PM

Can anyone recommend me a vps which is cheap and lifetime, Also if it can handle game servers (no lag at all) My location is in Singapore

I want vps that can handle game servers or voice servers such as teamspeak, samp, csgo, etc
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 12:01:16 AM

Can anyone recommend me a vps which is cheap and lifetime, Also if it can handle game servers (no lag at all) My location is in Singapore

I want vps that can handle game servers or voice servers such as teamspeak, samp, csgo, etc

Do you know lifetime means for whole life? Cheap lifetime VPS? Cheesy
There is no such service.

There are many VPS with bitcoin payments, depends where you need it (country), where your players are from etc.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:14:37 AM

when someone ask for this i usually reveal my awesome list Grin, you can try time4vps or blueVM for a cheap bitcoin VPS, but if you wnt i can send you many many other
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 09:05:57 AM

when someone ask for this i usually reveal my awesome list Grin, you can try time4vps or blueVM for a cheap bitcoin VPS, but if you wnt i can send you many many other

But I doubt they are cheap and for life! Smiley I doubt that any service in the world exist that is cheap and lifetime.

OP you will never find something like this!
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 6183

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 09:13:20 AM

Check this out : http://www.leetservers.com/en/order/games
I never tried so I'am not sure how legit they are , and seems like they started accepting Bitcoin since 13 May so this is agood thing .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 10:08:22 AM

But I doubt they are cheap and for life! Smiley I doubt that any service in the world exist that is cheap and lifetime.

OP you will never find something like this!

If wanting it lifetime might look into making a server just at your house.  All depends on how much power you will be needing and what your doing.

But anything that says "lifetime" and cheap is most likely a scam.  I highly suggest looking at VPS that is not lifetime and based on usage, if you really do just have to use a VPN.
sonics1

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 11:17:07 AM

Probably better off converting your bitcoin to fiat and going to a normal vps due to not many companies accepting bitcoin
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 11:30:26 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2015, 01:21:50 PM by LaudaM

Actually I was looking for something similar recently. There aren't that many companies that are accepting BTC for such services. Are you 100% sure that you want a VPS, not a VPN? VPS costs much higher and I doubt that you could find a cheap lifetime plan for it. Depending on how much usage you actually need, it might be more beneficial if you build a server yourself.

But anything that says "lifetime" and cheap is most likely a scam.  I highly suggest looking at VPS that is not lifetime and based on usage, if you really do just have to use a VPN.
There are various lifetime VPN offers. Lifetime VPN for 29$ here (they do not accept Bitcoin though; I've asked).

Update:
I said VPS not vpn in my comment.  Just like OP was asking. Big difference between VPS and VPN.
I know the difference. You said VPN as well, and I've put it in bold now.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 12:30:39 PM

Actually I was looking for something similar recently. There aren't that many companies that are accepting BTC for such services. Are you 100% sure that you want a VPS, not a VPN? VPS costs much higher and I doubt that you could find a cheap lifetime plan for it. Depending on how much usage you actually need, it might be more beneficial if you build a server yourself.

But anything that says "lifetime" and cheap is most likely a scam.  I highly suggest looking at VPS that is not lifetime and based on usage, if you really do just have to use a VPN.
There are various lifetime VPN offers. Lifetime VPN for 29$ here (they do not accept Bitcoin though; I've asked).

I said VPS not vpn in my comment.  Just like OP was asking. Big difference between VPS and VPN.

I just don't think there is anyone on VPS I could pay now and in 10-20 years it still be there for "cheap"
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 07:56:03 AM

I have never heard of something call "cheap lifetime vps". I live in Singapore too and I hosted a Manic Digger server for just 1.99 USD per month for three months. It is hosted under Time4VPS.eu and they accept Bitcoin. The server may be hosted in EU (far away from our location) but the latency is very low. It cost just 1.99 USD per month so I would suggest you to try them for a month.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
foxkyu

Activity: 938

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 10:50:30 AM

i doubt there is available "lifetime vps". Mostly only one year maximum for vps service.
for the cheap vps, i'm currently using deepnetsolutions.com. i've been used for third month and nothing big trouble so far.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 12:33:43 PM

i doubt there is available "lifetime vps". Mostly only one year maximum for vps service.
for the cheap vps, i'm currently using deepnetsolutions.com. i've been used for third month and nothing big trouble so far.

There is not one think about the business model it does not make sense.  How could they offer lifetime?

The company will always have costs of running.  Evenually with free they would have to close as no money coming in for old VPS.
blodeux

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 04:16:35 PM

what about free VPS?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 05:01:37 PM

what about free VPS?
Nothing in life is free, and even if it was it would probably be of bad quality. I do not think that there is a (good) free VPS. However, there are places like DigitalOcean where you get a promo code for signing up (which gives you enough credit to run for a small amount of time).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 05:02:32 PM

what about free VPS?

That it is too good to be true.  A company cannot just give them out for free forever.

what about free VPS?
Nothing in life is free, and even if it was it would probably be of bad quality. I do not think that there is a (good) free VPS. However, there are places like DigitalOcean where you get a promo code for signing up (which gives you enough credit to run for a small amount of time).

I had forgot about Amazon EC2 does have a free tier but it is not guaranteed lifetime and very very little resources.  It's more of a test to try it.  They sell enough regular VPS they are able to do a free tier.   That is one option aswell.
Kagekatsu

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 06:10:48 PM

AWS with amazon.
1 machine for free.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 06:15:50 PM

AWS with amazon.
1 machine for free.

It is 12 months - http://aws.amazon.com/free/

But again it's VERY limited on free tier.  They do run promo's from time to time that you might be able to snag.  If you did that you would have the free tier + what ever promo.

But even amazon does not guarantee free for life.
Kagekatsu

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 06:44:51 PM

AWS with amazon.
1 machine for free.

It is 12 months - http://aws.amazon.com/free/

But again it's VERY limited on free tier.  They do run promo's from time to time that you might be able to snag.  If you did that you would have the free tier + what ever promo.

But even amazon does not guarantee free for life.
Sorry for life...well every 12 months you can start a new vps.
mallard

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 07:05:04 PM

I doubt that a lifetime package on anything is going to be very good. You should try to pay monthly.
EdgarTheEdge

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 07:20:38 PM

What's the purpose of a vps in crypto?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: