Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:38:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitShares 2.0 Pitchfork Date is October 13, 2015  (Read 3697 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
StanLarimer (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 12:48:45 PM

We certainly agree with you that trust is paramount.  People trust us to make the best decisions we can in the face of a rapidly evolving set of conditions.  When a conflict occurs between the original battle plan and the battlefield situation, they trust us to adapt the plan rather than keep the plan and lose the battle.  That's the situation we were facing as described above.

The idea of BTS as a valid sharedrop target was discussed constantly from pre 2/28 through the merger all year long in 2014.

One of the lessons learned from that period of time is that we need a mechanism for voting on changes, so we built that into BitShares 2.0.  

Since there was no such mechanism like that available last year, all we could do was listen to the community and then craft a compromise that was as fair as possible from every angle.  Keep in mind the we also donated heavily after 2/28 as did our friends, family, and business associates.  The whole merger was to find a way to honor PTS and AGS without damaging BTSX for all the reasons stated in the previous post.

As near as I can tell, you have no objection with the BTS+VOTE+DNS, MUSE, and PLAY shares you got, all of which exceeded what you were expecting.  You seem to be objecting to the decision a third party made in choosing his own share drop demographic for the Identabit project.  

I personally believe John's sharedrop was a good one, although as an AGS and PTS holder I would have loved to have more dropped on me too.  But I also want John to be successful and know that he needs to reserve the remaining shares for recruiting new investors and partners and developers.

Are you saying that your trust has been violated because we didn't deny a Graphene license to a third party because he exercised his right to optimize his sharedrop as he thinks is best?   Sharedrop targets never get to vote on what third parties do.  We only get to decide whether we want to individually support them or not, based upon the project's potential and the free samples we have been freely given as a good will gesture.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crypto jerk

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:44:32 PM

Does it bug you stan that bytemaster, your brother , leaves you the shit jobs of shitty bitcointalk marketing, while he goes on blogs and makes videos leaving you in the dust.

How pathetic is that?

Apparently you are going to live in the shadows for ever licking his boot
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 03:06:12 PM

It's even worse than that, he's my son.   Smiley

...I got my poor old gray-haired daddy,
Drivin' my limousine.
Now it's all designed to blow our minds
But our minds won't really be blown,
Like the blow that'll get ya
When you get your picture
On the cover of the Rolling Stone.

crypto jerk

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 03:30:49 PM

i think a better retort is that you do the same thing every night.

"Try to take over the world"

(That was a pinky and the brain reference to all you young kids. Stan is pinky)

It's even worse than that, he's my son.   Smiley

...I got my poor old gray-haired daddy,
Drivin' my limousine.
Now it's all designed to blow our minds
But our minds won't really be blown,
Like the blow that'll get ya
When you get your picture
On the cover of the Rolling Stone.

StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 03:34:30 PM

gaba

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 03:42:40 PM

I have always enjoyed your humor.  Smiley

Now back to business. How post 28/2 investors could react. They can't sell. Yes they are receiving BTS dust but at the same time their shardrop target became unrecognizable. What did they get for their million USD. You know better then me that your influence is crucial when somebody making decision how to optimize his sharedrop.

"Identabit will drop 20% onto BTS and PTS/AGS holders will get their share that way. All square."

How can you say all square like some dictator. What share will post 28/2 AGS investors get? Did you put that on paper. They didn't recived all their BTS and even if they do, they will still getting smaller percentage than others investors.

BTSX holder did not expect to become sharedrop target, AGS are!

I don't need answer to my question. I know it is all over.

Good luck.

LWWE6dtTUXuaq36KTCne5XqMQHfhfwpadC
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 03:49:44 PM

People trying to manipulate to accumulate still.  Been going on like this for the last week.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
crypto jerk

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:01:38 PM

Nothing like continually changing the social contract, right stan?

With all of that brain power yall claim, you guys sure are short sighted on your designs, always changing it cause you fucked it up everytime and need a new fix and newbmoney to pay for the old mistakes.

Hence punky and brain.

Try fail

Try Fail

FAIL

FAIL

(Pitch fork event?)

I have always enjoyed your humor.  Smiley

Now back to business. How post 28/2 investors could react. They can't sell. Yes they are receiving BTS dust but at the same time their shardrop target became unrecognizable. What did they get for their million USD. You know better then me that your influence is crucial when somebody making decision how to optimize his sharedrop.

"Identabit will drop 20% onto BTS and PTS/AGS holders will get their share that way. All square."

How can you say all square like some dictator. What share will post 28/2 AGS investors get? Did you put that on paper. They didn't recived all their BTS and even if they do, they will still getting smaller percentage than others investors.

BTSX holder did not expect to become sharedrop target, AGS are!

I don't need answer to my question. I know it is all over.

Good luck.
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:09:22 PM

crypto jerk

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:24:16 PM

Well Scooby Doo can Doo Doo

But Jimmy Carter is smarter
StanLarimer (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:43:45 PM

So apparently there are 2,511,953,117 bitshares in existence currently.

The current price is hovering between 1.5k-2.5k satoshis.

Does that not seem a little inflated? I would expect the price to be a lot less. Could anyone help me understand the price justification? It seems somewhat fixed, I would think there are some wallets with millions that are frozen or something. But then again, BTS is one of the most prominent altcoins that regularly holds >$100k daily volume.

I haven't been part of the community long, considering investing some money into this project but I can't seem to find any justification for the price. I appreciate any insight, it's just hard to believe an altcoin with this many units in supply can be this valued.. although i do see the value. DPoS model seems to be what banks are going to utilize.

Compare the value to those above it in the market.

The world's first self-governing, industrial grade, real-time block chain.
It can interact with the other side of the planet at NASDAQ-class speeds.

It's not just a coin, it's a platform for implementing many coins.
It's not just a decentralized exchange, it's a platform for networking many exchanges.

It has powerful referral incentives for many companies to sign up all their customers.
It's about to be sharedropped on by two other real time chains at random dates this fall.

And 99.9999% of the world doesn't even know about it yet.

Just sayin'
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 10:22:22 AM

BitShares 2.0 Referral System in a nutshell:

and Testnet in action:

and some easy 19 TPS Smiley

favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 08:50:58 PM

exporting and importing the graphene wallet to my mobile was surprisingly easy and without a problem.

https://plus.google.com/109380272839829509328/posts/gaCv5V1RwM3

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 08:00:20 AM

Man this Graphene Wallet looks sick, can't wait to try it out.

So how does Bitshares manage bloat with 100,000 transactions per second and 3 second Blocktimes?
testz
Legendary

Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 08:19:57 AM

So how does Bitshares manage bloat with 100,000 transactions per second and 3 second Blocktimes?

With 3 second block it's will be 33 000 transactions per second, as I know later this year it's will be upgraded to 1 second block after block propagation code will be optimized (today BitShares use more or less same block propagation method as Bitcoin).

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 09:20:53 AM

With 3 second block it's will be 33 000 transactions per second, as I know later this year it's will be upgraded to 1 second block after block propagation code will be optimized (today BitShares use more or less same block propagation method as Bitcoin).

So what does that mean about the amount of Bloat incurred over time? Is there some kind of pruning method? or does it keep the entire Blockchain in it's entirety as in BitCoin? What does that mean for node holders? Will they sport GB-TB's of data?
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 09:51:14 AM

So what does that mean about the amount of Bloat incurred over time? Is there some kind of pruning method? or does it keep the entire Blockchain in it's entirety as in BitCoin? What does that mean for node holders? Will they sport GB-TB's of data?

there's a blog about TPS: https://bitshares.org/blog/2015/06/08/measuring-performance/

should answer your questions

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 10:39:36 AM

there's a blog about TPS: https://bitshares.org/blog/2015/06/08/measuring-performance/

should answer your questions

So Bitshares is going to do a snapshot to move onto Bitshares2.0? How would that affect exchanges?
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 10:45:45 AM

they will have to run the new wallet, but their balances will all be there

How come it mentions about taking a snapshot on Tuesday then if you are just supposed to run the new wallet?
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 11:15:02 AM

because the new wallet is a web wallet (like Counterparty's).  They will just have to import their keys (from the existing 0.9.3 wallet) into the new web wallet or downloadable client which will be released later.

Ok sweet, thanks everyone for helping answer all my questions Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: