Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:19:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Think the price of Bitcoin to be what it will be in 30 years when securing coin  (Read 1330 times)
Dire

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 01:44:22 PM

Second problem, you get into car accident and you lose you memory. You are screwed since you forgot your secret word.

I'd be screwed anyway, because I would have forgotten I owned any Bitcoins in the first place.

I've often wondered about enabling the secret word option on my Trezor, but I don't think I completely understand it. What's the difference between the passcode and secret word? Is it just like two passwords you have to input instead of one?
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 01:46:10 PM

I will let tattoo public adresses and private keys in my butt crack with ink that is only visible with black light!!Darkest place on earth will be the safest. Grin
Fuck the hacker mafia!! Grin Grin
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 01:54:49 PM

I have a Mycelium entropy for sale. It's a USB stick that goes straight into the printer USB slot, hit print and you got a 100% safe paper wallet that has not been created online.
coinbeast (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 09:04:13 PM

In my opinion you are overreacting a little bit.
first of all, all the things that you are assuming is going to happen only "if the bitcoin will be worth a lot of money one day (a lot is somewhere around 10K USD per BTC)" which if you ask me, is not going to happen.

second of all, you are saying "People could physically threaten you or your family, attack your house, or perhaps hack you."
the threat is the same amount if you are rich (have a lot of fiat $$$) now. i don't see why there can be any difference between being rich with fiat or being rich by having bitcoin!

i feel like your whole process of securing your bitcoins is a bit extreme with a lot of unnecessary steps, it can be easier but if it makes you feel safe never do even one step less.

I think you are right in that I may be over reacting a bit.

I just don't want to be sorry that I didn't do enough. I find the the security part interesting and fun too.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 09:15:11 PM

I will let tattoo public adresses and private keys in my butt crack with ink that is only visible with black light!!Darkest place on earth will be the safest.

I think this is a very solid idea, however in 30 years time your asshole will be probed constantly for prostate cancer, fissures and hemorrhoids. I hope you trust your medical professionals.
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 02:09:41 PM

I will let tattoo public adresses and private keys in my butt crack with ink that is only visible with black light!!Darkest place on earth will be the safest.

I think this is a very solid idea, however in 30 years time your asshole will be probed constantly for prostate cancer, fissures and hemorrhoids. I hope you trust your medical professionals.
that would make for quick payments "oh after ur done searching my ass, just scan the private key right there  Wink"
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 01:20:19 PM

I think that's a little bit over. I have my stash right now transferred to a completely random generated brain wallet which is left offline. I even have the privates out into another encrypted drive just in case. For me that level of security is good enough.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: