Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:09:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ion.cash "developer" a.k.a. Anonymint goes off the deep end  (Read 9077 times)
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:46:29 AM

Smoothie, I am going to put it to you a different way and I hope you can understand. My father is a very powerful attorney. He was the former West Coast Division head attorney running the entire Alaska operation for Exxon. He rose up higher than that being a general counsel for THUMS the consortium of the oil companies.

Remove the slander or you may find yourself in a lawsuit that could be very damaging to your financial well being.

And next time, don't play games with people's reputations, because this isn't a fucking game.

Every day that you leave that abuse of ion.cash, which is being recorded and accrued for damages on a daily basis, the more you are digging your grave.

I hope I put that in a language that a little punk weasel like you can understand.

I don't think you understand the definition of slander nor the purpose of the trust system on Bitcointalk. You cannot sue someone for leaving you negative trust because in their opinion they do not find you trustworthy.

I've left negative trust for people, a couple have left some for me based upon their opinion. One of my neg trust I left was based on a trade, the rest was based on opinion, a couple of my positive trust I left was based on trade, the rest were opinion.

The trust system is subjective, these forums are opinionative. If you do not like peoples opinions, just create your own forums or use a moderated thread.

I don't think you understand the legal system.

If you take advantage of a feature which allows you to put a red warning label on a user's profile as seen every where in the community, and you do so without sufficient evidence, you have created a culpability under the law. Damages can be sued for as a civil court matter. Now whether one can win such a case is open to opinion.

Actually the correct technical term in this case is libel, not slander, as it is a written statement he has made.

Let me add that simply expressing an opinion in a forum would be much more difficult to prove since I chose to participate in the forum. And the nature of a forum is to express opinions in threads.

However, the feature which enables any person to put a red warning of scammer on another user's 2.5 year reputation without any requirement for sufficient evidence, is not a normal forum feature which one submits to by joining a discussion forum.

He is making a global impact on the user's profile ex post facto (every past post of the user gets that new red warning label).

You are joining this forum but you may create your own forum if you do not like the rules, or create a moderated thread. The assertion of negative trust dolled out is correct and you would not win a legal case on the matter. You are wasting your time arguing about the point when you could simply prove him wrong by creating the product being toted.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:52:21 AM

You are joining this forum but you may create your own forum if you do not like the rules, or create a moderated thread.

You do not understand the way property rights work.

I have 2.5 years of reputation here in this forum. That is my personal property right. I own my reputation here on this forum.

I can't just move that investment some where and have it retain its value.

Any libel (unproven statements which damage that reputation) against that personal property is culpable under the law.

The assertion of negative trust dolled out is correct and you would not win a legal case on the matter.

The red warning message says I am a scammer. There is not sufficient evidence I am a scammer. Thus it is not correct and is culpable under the law.

You are wasting your time arguing about the point when you could simply prove him wrong by creating the product being toted.

I am not wasting my time by notifying him that he is accruing potential financial culpability for his actions.

Whether I pursue that or not, depends on the level of damages that accrue.

Personally I hate to use the legal system. But I also hate punks who steal from others with impunity. We end up with a thug mentality society. Actually Hawaii has this reputation. The young locals will treat you very poorly if you are an outsider. They live in their insular, spoiled world. And perhaps Smoothie needs to learn about the real world and about the cost of fucking with people for no good reason.

wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:54:33 AM

You are joining this forum but you may create your own forum if you do not like the rules, or create a moderated thread.

I have 2.5 years of reputation here in this forum. That is my personal property right. I own my reputation here on this forum.

Any libel (unproven statements which damage that reputation) against that personal property is culpable under the law.

The assertion of negative trust dolled out is correct and you would not win a legal case on the matter.

The red warning message says I am a scammer. There is not sufficient evidence I am a scammer. Thus it is not correct and is culpable under the law.

You are wasting your time arguing about the point when you could simply prove him wrong by creating the product being toted.

I am not wasting my time by notifying him that he is accruing potential financial culpability for his actions.

Personally I hate to use the legal system. But I also hate punks who steal from others with impunity. We end up with a thug mentality society.

And you think anything like that would hold up in court given your multiple personality disorder here on this forum?

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:57:56 AM

given your multiple personality disorder here on this forum

And you have proven that?

You have your pet delusions just like everyone else is entitled to have. That doesn't change the fact that having your personal opinions is disjoint from the action of slandering someone's global profile by pasting a red "he is a scammer" message on it ex post facto.

You having your (incorrect) personal opinion is a risk that anyone who joins a forums understands they will incur.

Edit: oh and yes it will hold up in court according to my attorney, but the key is proving the level of damages. That is what determines whether it is actionable.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 01:04:20 AM

Personally I hate to use the legal system. But I also hate punks who steal from others with impunity. We end up with a thug mentality society. Actually Hawaii has this reputation. The young locals will treat you very poorly if you are an outsider. They live in their insular, spoiled world. And perhaps Smoothie needs to learn about the real world and about the cost of fucking with people for no good reason.

You are toting a system that you say will solve all the flaws of Bitcoin and are promoting it on the Bitcoin forums without any solid technical proof to backup your claims. I would not trust someone to give them my money without owning the Coins and knowing what are the technical details that would ensure that I would make a return on my investment.

If you truly believe that your project will be the killer project that you believe then you do not need to be here and it can survive without Bitcointalk.
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 01:06:30 AM

Dude, seriously. You're going to have to either grow some thicker skin or adopt a better PR ethic if you even want a chance at your project surviving. You can be the best coder in the universe, but if you don't have a positive and credible means to promote yourself then it's over. I'm interested in what ion.cash can deliver but this negative petulance is doing you no favours.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 01:07:50 AM

You are toting a system that you say will solve all the flaws of Bitcoin and are promoting it on the Bitcoin forums without any solid technical proof to backup your claims. I would not trust someone to give them my money without owning the Coins and knowing what are the technical details that would ensure that I would make a return on my investment.

I have not solicited money from any one in the public. I have not launched any coin.

If you truly believe that your project will be the killer project that you believe then you do not need to be here and it can survive without Bitcointalk.

That may be true. And again I will reiterate that we'll have to see how the damages play out.

I am just warning Smoothie he is playing with fire and he would be wise to value his ego less than his house. I hate to see him have to lose his house just to prove to him that he needs to control himself and not go treating other people's reputation as if it is a toy.

I think that is enough discussion already don't you?

I hope this is all clear now.

Can we stop wasting more time on this thread now?

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 01:10:48 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2015, 02:30:58 AM by TPTB_need_war

Dude, seriously. You're going to have to either grow some thicker skin or adopt a better PR ethic if you even want a chance at your project surviving. You can be the best coder in the universe, but if you don't have a positive and credible means to promote yourself then it's over. I'm interested in what ion.cash can deliver but this negative petulance is doing you no favours.

Dude if you don't understand how hard I have worked and that I do not want a red warning label on my user profile stating erroneously that I am a scammer, then perhaps you shouldn't invest in my efforts if they ever come public.

I am perfectly happy if you miss the train. Your loss not mine.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 01:16:57 AM

Dude if you don't understand how hard I have worked and that I do not want a red warning label on my user profile stating erroneously that I am a scammer, then I perhaps you shouldn't invest in my efforts if they ever come public.

At this rate you will never complete your project because you are spending all your time arguing over peoples opinions on the matter and throwing around claims that you are going to sue people when clearly you do not understand the legal system.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 01:18:49 AM

At this rate you will never complete your project because you are spending all your time arguing over peoples opinions on the matter.

I already asked could we wrap this up.

You keep hoping against hope that I am a failure. Amazing human trait. Is it jealousy or what? People love to see other people crash and burn, especially when that despised person isn't an ass licker.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 01:21:50 AM

At this rate you will never complete your project because you are spending all your time arguing over peoples opinions on the matter.

I already asked could we wrap this up.

You keep hoping against hope that I am a failure. Amazing human trait. Is it jealousy or what? People love to see other people crash and burn, especially when that person isn't an ass licker.

I honestly do not care about your project nor do I ever see it succeeding because you do not have the people skills to manage such an undertaking. You claim you are going to create something that will be the bitcoin killer but have no economic model in which to support that nor any technical papers to read. You are throwing around legal threats and insults when you clearly do not understand how the legal system works so unless you can produce the product and change your attitude towards others, I see it as a doomed to fail project.
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 01:23:16 AM

Dude if you don't understand how hard I have worked and that I do not want a red warning label on my user profile stating erroneously that I am a scammer, then I perhaps you shouldn't invest in my efforts if they ever come public.

You miss understand me - I'm very interested in the project. I'm not threatening to not invest. If I decide to get into your project then that's my business. I'm simply saying, in the friendliest way possible, that there's more to a project than code, and if you're not on top of that and/or you don't understand it, then you will be eaten alive, irrespective of your 2.5 years worth of reputation.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 01:24:58 AM

Please remember the millions of users we are targeting aren't here on bitcointalk.org.

Investors are here. Investors are not emotional otherwise they are not good investors.

Non-emotional people could read this thread objectively.

Investors want to make money.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 01:52:50 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2015, 02:23:26 AM by TPTB_need_war

Hopefully this is the last post I will ever make in this thread. I hope to just let this die. The most amicable path would be for Smoothie to man up and remove the nonsense from my profile as ion.cash.

Just imagine the following scenario Smoothie. Let's for a moment assume I succeeded to launch a very successful coin that ended up with a large market cap. That is a long shot, but for sake of argument, let's assume I succeeded.

I had documented this erroneous abuse that had been on ion.cash's forum profile for the months during the development phase.

And with the global economy collapsing 2015.75 to 2020.05, how many attorneys are going to be looking for a simple civil case where they are given let's say 80% of the proceeds of the case.

And how large will the damages be, given the large market cap and the potential for the market cap to have been higher if the reputation of the developer had not been so libeled. I assume more than Smoothie's net worth.

Just to teach a punk a lesson I might consider doing that. Or I might not. We'll see...

Edit: and for the record, I was not aware of this Trust system when I joined these forums. It is only in recent months as I've noticed the reputations on others' profiles that I became aware that was something that applied to every users' profile. It was too late by the time I realized that feature existed for me to opt out of the investment I had made in my reputation on this forum. And it wasn't until Smoothie did this, that I realized the Trust feature could be abused this way. So that is why I am advising Theymos to also consult his attorney as well. Again I don't really want to make trouble for anyone. So I suggest Smoothie also stop stirring up trouble.

Edit#2: remember how the Winklevoss twins attained their wealth. Well after the fact, they sued once the Facebook market cap was large enough. However, it may also be the case that Smoothie's net worth isn't large enough to entice any attorney to take the case. Oh well.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 02:00:38 AM

I am so proud of this forum where the baboons are allowed to dominate.

You spend a lot of time on this forum complaining about this forum.

Why is that?  Does it help inspire your pipe dreams of creating the next Monero?

Is it a joke, like the old 'their food is terrible, and the portions are so small' saw?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 02:04:15 AM

how many attorneys are going to be looking for a simple civil case where they are given let's say 80% of the proceeds of the case

"There are a few crybabies crying 'lawyer', which is absurd in bitcoin culture."

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 02:19:26 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2015, 02:49:37 AM by TPTB_need_war

I am so proud of this forum where the baboons are allowed to dominate.

Is it a joke, like the old 'their food is terrible, and the portions are so small' saw?

how many attorneys are going to be looking for a simple civil case where they are given let's say 80% of the proceeds of the case

"There are a few crybabies crying 'lawyer', which is absurd in bitcoin culture."

So murder doesn't need to be prosecuted because we have a Bitcoin culture.

You are a great spokesman for Crypto to the masses.

Edit:

I just noticed that Trust doesn't display in most of the forums. Apparently only in the altcoin forums?

Thus the implication is that altcoins have been relegated to a cesspool.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 02:57:04 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2015, 03:14:22 AM by TPTB_need_war

Can anyone confirm that Smoothie has removed the negative trust report? I am not seeing it any more.

If yes, I will thank him and close this issue by removing my reports as well.

He will be welcome to report me in the future if there is any strong evidence of me being involved in any scam.

UPDATE: I did just signed in as ion.cash and I still see his negative trust report. I guess his negative rating disappeared when I am signed in as TPTB_need_war because I added ~smoothie to my trust list. So now I understand that the reason smoothie's rating shows up for all users by default is that smoothie is in the list of default trust for this forum. Web of Trust concept I presume. This forum has some serious issues. For one, Google has stopped listing this forum by default in searches. I have to add site:bitcointalk.org to the query to pull up listings from this forum.

I have been thinking the easy way to replace Reddit and this forum, will be to implement decentralized versions. I don't think any one really likes that one group of people has the control. That is the entire point of our interest in Bitcoin is to remove the corruption. What Smoothie has done is yet another example of how centralized control is inherently corrupt.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 03:14:19 AM

Smoothie, I am going to put it to you a different way and I hope you can understand. My father (same name as myself) is a very powerful attorney. He was the former West Coast Division head attorney running the entire Alaska operation for Exxon. He rose up higher than that being a general counsel for THUMS the consortium of the oil companies.

Remove the slander or you may find yourself in a lawsuit that could be very damaging to your financial well being.

Lol what a fucking douchetaco. Watch out Smoothie, he's gonna call his dad on you. Don't sue me bro Tongue
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 03:15:51 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2015, 03:26:04 AM by TPTB_need_war

Smoothie, I am going to put it to you a different way and I hope you can understand. My father (same name as myself) is a very powerful attorney. He was the former West Coast Division head attorney running the entire Alaska operation for Exxon. He rose up higher than that being a general counsel for THUMS the consortium of the oil companies.

Lol what a fucking douchetaco. Watch out Smoothie, he's gonna call his dad on you. Don't sue me bro Tongue

Don't fuck with people's reputation like it is toy. Just like you wouldn't do that in the middle of the road to someone walking down the street. Douchetacos hide behind the  internet, because in real life they'd get their ass kicked for doing what they do on the internet.

Have some respect for humans please.

I know you younger generation think life is just swiping. You've lost all touch with reality.

And you are another fool who can't read. Try again to read about how I said I might go about incentivizing an attorney. I mention my father meaning I have some comprehension about the law having grown up reading legal briefs laying around the house and I suppose some of my father's intellect has been inherited. Also you might imagine that I can also get access to a quick legal opinion. And yes I have been advised that he probably doesn't have enough networth to make it worthwhile and the best is to try to move on. But on principle, there is a case that could be made. The difficulties are proving damages and then collecting them. For example, some states have provisions that protect some assets, e.g. in Texas and Florida at least you can't lien on someone's home in certain circumstances. Also you don't know how people may have structured assets in trusts and other means. Also when bringing any case, they other party can counter-sue for their legal defense costs. Etc. There are many issues involved. Bottom line is that other than small claims court, there needs to be a lot of value involved to even consider it actionable.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: