Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:12:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin (Investment) Games --- TrustWorthy?  (Read 706 times)
EXtremeAEX (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 09:11:07 AM

Came back after a long time, and found out that CryptoSpot was down. Tried it last time, and when I came back, everything was gone. Do you think this kinds of site/games are trustworthy for investments? Recently there's a new one called MinerFarm, not sure about it, but the owner seems trustworthy and all.

Basically, greed. Too much greed, thats why there are all these scams out there. Would you invest in these kinds of games? Last time, there was this site goldencows (bad memories for all). I was still new then, and I thought it would be a legit method to earn, and for life. Now, when I look back at it, its just a ponzi, and ran away with my $10 + worth of bitcoins. Wasn't much, but that was my hard earned out of nothing bitcoins, definitely a lesson learnt.

Now, I stay away from these types of investments, including these games. I play them for fun, not for profit, and now I just use it at BTCJam instead, although its not 100% safe either. Investments are really risky, and there are no risk free investments with profits out there.

So, do you invest your bitcoins in bitcoin investment 'games' , and do you think they are risky?

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tschai

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 09:13:28 AM

Actually...you do know the answer, don't you?
hoewer4what

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 09:16:00 AM

Risky investment based games you say? The forum is not moderated for scams but read the top of the investment thread. In short they are above risky you will lose your money. Good luck
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6122

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 09:18:23 AM

I never invested on those games and probably never will because those website look for quick buck to earn even if they run it for a certain amount of time , it's just about the money for them , once they get the trust of users , users will logically start depositing more and more and like you said "greed" ... and when owners of the ponzi have enough money they simply walk away and that's it .
BTCJam and simillar lending website at least you get scammed from who you loaned to and not from the owners themselfs , the website take some measures like taking ID ,passport and this kind of stuff at least .
So yes it's totally risky for what comes to the games , and someone who don't want to lose his money should never use them , not even think about them .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
confirmation120

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 09:41:29 AM

Actually all investments are risky. There are no guaranteed returns on any investments; it's like gambling, you win sometimes , you lose also sometimes. But despite of the risks, I still invest in such programs that promise high returns (like HYIPs and ponzis) and I am willing to take the risk and of course, I just invest what I can afford to lose.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 05:31:03 AM

Any investments you can find here on the internet cannot be trustworthy. They may stay for a time but they will eventually go just like what the others did. Take precautions when you get involved in this kind of things.
xhoneyael

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 12:15:42 PM

Came back after a long time, and found out that CryptoSpot was down. Tried it last time, and when I came back, everything was gone. Do you think this kinds of site/games are trustworthy for investments? Recently there's a new one called MinerFarm, not sure about it, but the owner seems trustworthy and all.

Basically, greed. Too much greed, thats why there are all these scams out there. Would you invest in these kinds of games? Last time, there was this site goldencows (bad memories for all). I was still new then, and I thought it would be a legit method to earn, and for life. Now, when I look back at it, its just a ponzi, and ran away with my $10 + worth of bitcoins. Wasn't much, but that was my hard earned out of nothing bitcoins, definitely a lesson learnt.

Now, I stay away from these types of investments, including these games. I play them for fun, not for profit, and now I just use it at BTCJam instead, although its not 100% safe either. Investments are really risky, and there are no risk free investments with profits out there.

So, do you invest your bitcoins in bitcoin investment 'games' , and do you think they are risky?

there are no risk free investment .. and if the site is investor base game ..
its will not run for too long..and the worst thing can happen is they will run all the money of investor..

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 03:00:05 PM

there are no risk free investment .. and if the site is investor base game ..
its will not run for too long..and the worst thing can happen is they will run all the money of investor..

Agreed. Anything investor-based will be a scam sooner or later, there is no way around it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: