Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:38:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammer: Dank  (Read 14337 times)
Rarity (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 08:47:41 AM

I have requested that Dank play "Mary Had A Little Lamb" for my niece.  We made an agreement in which he would play the song and listening to it would bind me to agree to only post once a day in any of his threads.

These are pretty good, though a little derivative of Dank Untitled 64 and Dank Untitled 75 which are my favorites.  While you are recording could you take a moment to record Mary Had A Little Lamb for my niece?  She is heading home tomorrow and I won't see her again until December.

http://www.music-for-music-teachers.com/mary-had-a-little-lamb-guitar.html

Rarity, by listening to it, you agree to limit your post count, per thread of mine, to one per day.  Do I have your word?

Rarity, by listening to it, you agree to limit your post count, per thread of mine, to one per day.  Do I have your word?

You absolutely have my word.

In response to our agreement, Dank has uploaded a song that is not "Mary Had A Little Lamb" and misrepresented it as such.  This was an attempt to scam me to comply with our agreement despite his refusal to complete his part of the arrangement.  He has earned a Scammer tag.

Rarity, it's really none of your business and you've exceeded your 1 post daily quota.  I thought I had your word?

Our agreement is not yet active.  You know what you have to do to activate it.  Do your part and post a link for me to listen to.

This file is clearly not "Mary Had A Little Lamb".  The case for a scammer tag here is open and shut.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 08:52:37 AM

Its not even music.

Rarity (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 08:54:17 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2012, 09:15:02 AM by Rarity

Its not even music.

Don't get me wrong, I love all of his music and so does my niece which is what makes this whole situation so disappointing.  Dank Untitled 107 was not the song we had agreed upon.

You should have seen the look in her eyes when I told her Dank had finally found time to do the song she requested as his #1 fan.  Absolutely glowing.  She was crushed when she found out it wasn't what she asked for and it really put a damper on what was otherwise a very enjoyable visit with me.  

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
fgervais

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 09:03:20 AM

I fully endorse this product and or service.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 09:04:39 AM

Rarity, really?

This is so ridiculous, I don't even know what to say.

This makes me think, that it's maybe really a good Idea, that everyone starts with a scammer tag until proven otherwise. And just gets a "not a scammer" tag.

Whats next?

Now, you agreed to post only once as soon as dank delivers the song.

He has not delivered yet, so you don't have to do your part.

And by the way, by taking this THAT serious, you agree that you get a scammer tag if you post in one of Danks threads more than once in 24 Hours? As soon he has delivered of course.

Come on.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
JohnBigheart

Activity: 167

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

On a related note:
Dank's guitar is painfully out of tune. Guitar tuners start at only $8 on Amazon.
Anyone volunteering to set up a donation address so we can buy Dank a tuner?

World renowned expert on silly sketches and stupid gif animations.
Your tips are welcome: 17cETm8zDugFKuNQMprW6GgAFEpmrcPUA
Rarity (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 09:06:30 AM

He has misrepresented himself as having made the delivery in an attempt to scam me into compliance.  That I have sniffed out the scam does not mean it did not occur.  The damage to my niece is done.

And by the way, by taking this THAT serious, you agree that you get a scammer tag if you post in one of Danks threads more than once in 24 Hours? As soon he has delivered of course.

I stand by the terms of the agreement, which requires me to comply only upon listening to his recording of Mary Had A Little Lamb as presented on the guitar tabs I gave him.  If I listen to the song and later exceed the posting quota, I should of course receive the tag.

fgervais

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 09:10:36 AM

On a related note:
Dank's guitar is painfully out of tune. Guitar tuners start at only $8 on Amazon.
Anyone volunteering to set up a donation address so we can buy Dank a tuner?

Someone already spent 1.5BTC on that.

Yeah.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 09:20:53 AM

Sigh, that's not what I tried to imply.

What you and dank made here is a  Gentlemen's agreement and just netiquette requires you to honor it.

Not honoring this agreement is bad behavior, but nobody deserves a scammer tag because of this.

A Scammer tags purpose is to quickly show people which users have on purpose caused financial damage to others, so they can stay away from them.

Using this tag for that, would make the tag useless for its purpose.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Rarity (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 09:23:22 AM

We had a written agreement of barter for the delivery of a recorded musical performance of a specified song.  Recorded music has a well established monetary value.   Delivery was made of a fraudulent, misrepresented product.  

squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 09:24:04 AM

I'm not sure what to make of this, I have herd it, And I can hear there is a "mary had a little lamb" (going up in tone) then "little lamb" twice in syllables, Then the rest could be a Twisted guitar solo for the end.

I don't know if I would call scam on a strange arrangement between you two, That didn't sound right. Did you expect it to?
Rarity (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 09:25:57 AM

I'm not sure what to make of this, I have herd it, And I can hear there is a "mary had a little lamb" (going up in tone) then "little lamb" twice in syllables, Then the rest could be a Twisted guitar solo for the end.

I don't know if I would call scam on a strange arrangement between you two, That didn't sound right. Did you expect it to?

The product does not resemble the provided tab in any way.  It is self evidently not "Mary Had A Little Lamb", a song with a distinctive and well recognized traditional tune and rhythm.  As Dank represents himself as an expert guitar player, there is no reason for me not to expect him to deliver properly on his promise unless I have been mislead by him again.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 09:28:04 AM

Rarity, really?

This is so ridiculous, I don't even know what to say.

This makes me think, that it's maybe really a good Idea, that everyone starts with a scammer tag until proven otherwise. And just gets a "not a scammer" tag.

Whats next?

Come on.
GOBBLE, GOBBLE, GOBBLE, GOBBLE, GOBBLE!!

Get a grip, brother.  Tongue
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 09:31:12 AM

Tell that to Hendirx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImuLiDsv3Pk

I know national anthem, But trying to portray freestyle.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 09:33:57 AM

A Scammer tags purpose is to quickly show people which users have on purpose caused financial damage to others, so they can stay away from them.

Using this tag for that, would make the tag useless for its purpose.

While this is true, it should probably be pointed out that dank is soliciting and accepting donations on the basis that he is going to become one of the "greatest musicians" and stage a musical festival bigger than Woodstock by the end of the year.  His ability to play guitar is somewhat relevant to whether or not he can achieve "greatest musician" status in the next three months and if he is not actively organising the world's biggest music festival then saying that he is going to do so is certainly scamming people.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Rarity (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 09:34:05 AM

This tune is identifiable as The Star Spangled Banner, with improvisational and artistic modifications.  Dank Untitled 107 shares nothing in common with the provided tab which was to be played or the tune of Mary Had A Little Lamb.

squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 09:39:33 AM

This song is identifiable as The Star Spangled Banner, with improvisational and artistic modifications.  Dank Untitled 107 shares nothing in common with the provided tab which was to be played.  

Yes I was not comparing the two, Just pointing out everyone's "improvisational and artistic modifications" can vary, And in this case Dramatically LOL, In any case, A scammer thread for this? really?
Rarity (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 09:45:13 AM

This song is identifiable as The Star Spangled Banner, with improvisational and artistic modifications.  Dank Untitled 107 shares nothing in common with the provided tab which was to be played.  

Yes I was not comparing the two, Just pointing out everyone's "improvisational and artistic modifications" can vary, And in this case Dramatically LOL, In any case, A scammer thread for this? really?

Mary Had A Little Lamb is a recognizable tune, playing something else and pretending it is the same tune is not delivering the product promised.  By that standard one could promise to send 10 bitcoins and instead send a piece of paper with "10 Bitcoins" written on it.  Hey, it's all a matter of opinion, right?  No, we must hold each other to our word when delivery of a product is promised.

Recorded music has monetary value, and this fraud was an attempt to falsely use that value to compel compliance with an agreement.  In addition, as a critic of some of Dank's business practices he stood to gain economically from silencing my warnings.

greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 10:01:08 AM

I'll have to concur with Rarity's assessment. If I go to iTunes or the Amazon MP3 store and order a song, but instead of my song got a jumbled mess of screeches, that would be considered a scam also.
Rarity (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 10:02:44 AM

I'll have to concur with Rarity's assessment. If I go to iTunes or the Amazon MP3 store and order a song, but instead of my song got a jumbled mess of screeches, that would be considered a scam also.

Precisely.  Though I am a fan of this music, it is not the song I ordered.

As to the monetary size of the scam, Dank has made public guarantees that he is soon to be one of the most famous and well known musicians in the world.  The value of a personalized performance and recording from such an artiste early in his career is vast.  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: