Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:22:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammer: Dank  (Read 14337 times)
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 08:17:21 PM

Uh, no, I made the song.  I never agreed to use her tab.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 11:49:50 PM

this is not how songs work
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 12:46:49 AM

Okay, lets label Jimi Hendrix a scammer because he didn't play the Star Spangled Banner properly.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 12:53:33 AM

Okay, lets label Jimi Hendrix a scammer because he didn't play the Star Spangled Banner properly.

The whole problem is that you think that what he did is the same as you do.
It takes a non-tonedeaf person to know the difference.

Maybe you can ask him some tips when you asstrally project to the 'other' reality, huh?

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2012, 12:56:26 AM

Are the Butthole Surfers scammers because they didn't play "American Woman" properly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reeOOA4Ha7M

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 12:58:40 AM

Anybody who remixed a song must be a scammer because they changed the lyrics.  Makes sense.

mobodick

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 01:00:06 AM

Are the Butthole Surfers scammers because they didn't play "American Woman" properly?

Hey, they have a rhythm and their guitar is tuned.
So at least you can call this music.
 Roll Eyes
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2012, 01:12:09 AM

Hey, they have a rhytm and their guitar is tuned.
 Roll Eyes

If you believe that having rhythm and being guitar based is necessary for music to not be labelled a "scam" then do you consider John Cage's 4'33" a "scam"?

Or would I be a committing a scam if I did a cover of 4'33" which wasn't quite as silent as Cage's? Or that anyone's performance of this piece that is not absolutely silent is a scam?

Music is whatever the creator says it is. If you don't like it, so be it. But don't call it a scam. Commissioning works of art is always a gamble, and the only right a patron should have is withholding payment if it's not what they wanted.

MildBill

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 01:16:06 AM

The difference, Dank, is that when he played it PEOPLE COULD TELL WHAT SONG IT WAS!  Which is the complete oposite of what happens when you 'play'.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 01:30:03 AM

Sounds like a problem on your end, sounds like the song to me.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2012, 01:38:48 AM

The difference, Dank, is that when he played it PEOPLE COULD TELL WHAT SONG IT WAS!  Which is the complete oposite of what happens when you 'play'.

Roll Eyes

If you believe that having rhythm and being guitar based is necessary for music to not be labelled a "scam" then do you consider John Cage's 4'33" a "scam"?

Or would I be a committing a scam if I did a cover of 4'33" which wasn't quite as silent as Cage's? Or that anyone's performance of this piece that is not absolutely silent is a scam?

Music is whatever the creator says it is. If you don't like it, so be it. But don't call it a scam. Commissioning works of art is always a gamble, and the only right a patron should have is withholding payment if it's not what they wanted.

You're a fool who's too lazy to read other posts, MildBill. Stop reproducing old arguments and either address the current discussion or come up with a new argument. You're wrecking the fun.

mobodick

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 02:06:49 AM

Roll Eyes

I was saying it because both rhythm and tuning are forms of structure.
One of the most basic definitions of music is that it is structured sound. Not a lot of structure in Danks sound...

btw i never talked about a scam.
I was just describing the facts of what Dank calls music.
And i cannot call it music by any reasonable definition except his own.
You can call a twig a tree, but that doesn't make it so.
But if he can find people that want to buy it then that is his right as long as people understand what they can expect. Otherwise i would call it scamming.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 02:10:56 AM

You did agree to provide a custom beat for 420, though, and then failed to do so because you "didn't have time".

Either you're outright lying when you say you're going to do stuff or you say you're going to do shit having no idea of what's involved and then when you find it's beyond your capabilities you come up with lame and transparent excuses about why you didn't do what you said you were going to do.  Your world's biggest music festival crap will be no exception - you're actively lying when you say it's going to happen this year and you know it.  And if actively lying about what you're going to do doesn't make you a scammer then I don't know what does.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 02:47:00 AM

You did agree to provide a custom beat for 420, though, and then failed to do so because you "didn't have time".

Either you're outright lying when you say you're going to do stuff or you say you're going to do shit having no idea of what's involved and then when you find it's beyond your capabilities you come up with lame and transparent excuses about why you didn't do what you said you were going to do.  Your world's biggest music festival crap will be no exception - you're actively lying when you say it's going to happen this year and you know it.  And if actively lying about what you're going to do doesn't make you a scammer then I don't know what does.
And he didn't pay me for it.  It's not like he contracted me.

repentance

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 04:33:05 AM

And he didn't pay me for it.  It's not like he contracted me.

The more often you say you're going to do shit and give weasel excuses for not following through, the more you look like a compulsive liar rather than just an idealistic 18 year old who doesn't have a clue about how how much effort is involved in making your dreams a reality.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 04:45:47 AM

You have no clue how much effort I put into things.

CharlieContent

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 06:32:06 AM

Well that is even more pathetic, because clearly your best isn't good enough.

You're not going to be a famous musician. You aren't going to be a famous anything.

You're a nobody, a complete non-entity. When you die, you will turn to dust and soon after everyone will have forgotten that you ever existed.

You're nothing. Just like your father.
repentance

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 06:52:11 AM

Well why don't you enlighten us regarding what effort you've put into the world's biggest ever musical festival so far?  How many artists have you signed up?  Where's it going to be held?  Have you found contractors to build the stage?  Organised the sound equipment and people to operate it?  Is the laser equipment booked yet?  How many portable toilets have you ordered?  Who will be providing security? 

Something must have made you suddenly too busy to put together a custom beat.  Why don't you tell us what it was?

CharlieContent

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 07:32:13 AM

Something must have made you suddenly too busy to put together a custom beat.  Why don't you tell us what it was?

He had to fly to England to convince Jim Morrison's former roadie to help him put on the greatest show that Aurora, Illinois has ever seen.

bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 09:14:18 PM

Well that is even more pathetic, because clearly your best isn't good enough.

You're not going to be a famous musician. You aren't going to be a famous anything.

You're a nobody, a complete non-entity. When you die, you will turn to dust and soon after everyone will have forgotten that you ever existed.

You're nothing. Just like your father.

lol, that's a little harsh. Relatively speaking, dank is semi-famous in bitcoin securities and lending. More than can be said about you, CharlieContent!

dank will surely find success somewhere between the hookah bar, the weed growing op, and his musical aspirations. Somebody get this guy some adderall from SR for his ADD!

Really though, dank just needs a better pitch for his HYIP. Why not stick with the tried and true "market arbitration"? How did the sex change pitch work out for that transsexual guy? Maybe team up with herm..

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: