Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:09:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Um.... I don't think the power company is going to like this!  (Read 1931 times)
ChineseSavior

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 01:34:23 AM

1) I doubt power companies care about what you're using power for (in terms of growing pot).  I find it very unlikely that they would be monitoring their customers for power trends just to report them to the police and shut them down.

2) What would stop growers from running alternating 12/12 hour light cycles in different rooms to make it look like 24h steady-draw?

Utilities are still companies, they care about preventing stolen power and maintaining profits, everything else is just white noise.

#2 = exactly..... growing p is too much work tho imo
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:33:22 AM

1) I doubt power companies care about what you're using power for (in terms of growing pot).  I find it very unlikely that they would be monitoring their customers for power trends just to report them to the police and shut them down.

2) What would stop growers from running alternating 12/12 hour light cycles in different rooms to make it look like 24h steady-draw?

Utilities are still companies, they care about preventing stolen power and maintaining profits, everything else is just white noise.

#2 = exactly..... growing p is too much work tho imo

is that why 'you guys' 'hire' vietnamese slaves to do all the growing and then dust off the immature buds with ground glass/silica or whatever that shit is?
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:06:17 PM

I guess one could do that adds more to the cost as you'll need more lights.  They are not cheap, more so the balastest.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2545

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:02:49 PM

is that why 'you guys' 'hire' vietnamese slaves to do all the growing and then dust off the immature buds with ground glass/silica or whatever that shit is?
Don't know where you shop but that is some nasty shit ya must be getting. The apothecary I use (I have a a Medical users card) tests/screens everything they sell as any reputable supplier would do... We know exactly what we are getting.
Also getting seriously OT here...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
BLOCK_C

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 01:58:53 AM

If you're running 280A on a 400A service it should be fine.
onewiseguy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 02:35:11 AM

damn how much hashing power are you running.
also why are you still running the damn miners with the picture you posted looks danguerosu.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: