Author Topic: 123  (Read 4863 times)
gmaxwell
Legendary
expert

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2012, 09:44:54 PM

adjusted just to get more profit, like what idiot slush is doing with Stratum protocol
while at the same time pissing on GBT.
Slush is both intelligent and thoughtful and cares about what happens with Bitcoin. I've never seen him do anything for a quick buck.  Your unkind words here are unjustified and just make you look foolish.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2012, 10:18:07 PM

adjusted just to get more profit, like what idiot slush is doing with Stratum protocol
while at the same time pissing on GBT.
Slush is both intelligent and thoughtful and cares about what happens with Bitcoin. I've never seen him do anything for a quick buck.  Your unkind words here are unjustified and just make you look foolish.

You can not hide the fact - at least not from me - that you and your beloved slush are nothing but average inteligent
humans. Just because you both are super inteligent in one or few areas does not mean you are super inteligent beings.

If you're smart, you should notice that the fact I'm being rude, impolite or whatever does not affect the fact I'm right.

In case you wonder why I'm behaving like I do, well - I think most of you should be kicked in the ass for being stupid
enough to come up with idea of pools and other "briliant" stuff which degraded health of Bitcoin big time already. Since
I can't kick you in the ass over the Internet ... Seriously, I don't feel like being nice with most of you here is right way
for as long as you don't detach from mostly bullshits you're preoccupied with and zoom-out quite a bit. And than more.

All clear now?

I understood the part where you told him he's of average intelligence because everyone's of average intelligence, and then the part where we're all stupid for creating something (even though that's impossible if everyone is of average intelligence).  But I lost you at the "most of you here is right way for as long as you don't detach from mostly bullshits" part.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 02:20:27 AM

You seem to have completely derailed your own thread now.

I am now having difficulty finding out what the problem is.

People can CPU mine still no problem, that is part of the beauty of merged mining.

Anyone who feels their chance of finding a BTC, NMC, DVC, IXC, I0C or even CLC block is too small can add GRP to their merged mining mix so that even if they are only using some ancient CPU and thus have what seems to them a too low chance of finding a block of the higher difficulty chains can nonetheless find GRP blocks quite regularly.

If "too many people" do that, I am sure more chains can be added so that the impatient folk who insist on finding blocks relatively often can still do so.

Furthermore the crap about folk who made thousands not being an incentive is silly too, because just as those thousands were mined easily due to the stupidity, ignorance, lack of foresight, lack of vision, lack of confidence, lack of entrepeneurial spirit and so on and so forth of the masses upon masses of people who failed to discover cryptocoin technology had been invented or, even having discovered that fact, failed to mine any, the exact same things are currently causing the exact same results currently.

That is: the same reasons people gave themselves or had thrust upon them by circumstance for not picking up virtually free thousands upon thousands of bitcoins a few years ago continue to apply right now to e.g. GRouPcoins.

So as long as you deliberately fail to pick up thousands of almost free groupcoins right now, you sound pretty idiotic complaining about not having picked up thousands of almost free bitcoins a few years ago.

If you start thinking of more stupid lame excuses like "but bitcoins are worth more than groupcoins" you will just sound like all the losers who made the same lame excuses ("but dollars are worth more than bitcoins!", "but ounces of gold are worth more than bitcoins!" etc) a years ago.

You are a deliberate, by deliberate aforethought and intent, loser, You have no-one but yourself to blame if you continue to deliberately lose.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Digigami

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 06:24:01 PM

@ markm - Is that what you wrote targeted at me? I ask because I can't find myself in those lines of text, sorry.

You seem to have completely derailed your own thread now.

This is your thread is it not? Seems pretty clear to me whom he was talking to.
Digigami

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 09:16:01 PM

Did I asked you anything?

*ask

and no.. I was just making sure you knew markm was in fact calling you the idiot here.

Have something to say on-topic?

And what exactly is on-topic in this thread again? I will admit I am having a hard time wading through all the nonsense.
finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 06:18:58 AM

Topic was "Current state of Bitcoin". I'm upgrading it right now to "Current state of Bitcoin = Compromised on all levels!".
I've tried almost every rc edition,and i didn't find it compromised.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 10:19:02 AM

It is centralised to the point where bitcoin is more than 51% of all blockchain currency both in value and in hashing power, which is a massive compromise of the basic concept of decentralisation. Smiley

Original poster, are you contributing to that by failing to mine the alt coins that are so low in difficulty that even with a single not very recent generation CPU you can pick up blocks several times per day still?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: