Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 07:30:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon.com $100 claim code for $102 BTC equivalent  (Read 1481 times)
HeavySteel (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 06:00:23 PM

Visit here:
http://www.bitmit.net/en/q/?q=amazon+claim+code

Also selling other denominations:
Selling $25 Amazon.com code for $26 worth of bitcoins.
Selling $50 Amazon.com code for $51.50 worth of bitcoins.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 09:11:48 PM

Why would we pay a premium for Amazon?   I would think people want to discount this instead.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
HeavySteel (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 11:53:37 PM

It's for people who transact heavily with bitcoins who need a means of spending bitcoins anonymously.  The same goes for physical gift cards like Walmart and Target.  I have yet to see anyone selling Amazon claim codes at below value for bitcoins.  If you see one, we'd all like to know.  Cheers.
thoughtcourier

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 11:59:15 PM

OP, just search for "amazon"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=21736.0

A few reasons why people sell amazon gift cards @ discount:
1. This is the cheapest way for them to convert cash to bitcoins
2. They got these cards/codes via illegal means and are scamming you because AMZN won't approve them
3. They got these cards/codes via illegal means, aren't scamming you, but obviously can't sell them right away.

Still, with enough rep and efficiency, you may be able to sell amazon gift cards for BTC @ a profit.a
grantbdev

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 03:52:54 AM

It's for people who transact heavily with bitcoins who need a means of spending bitcoins anonymously.  The same goes for physical gift cards like Walmart and Target.  I have yet to see anyone selling Amazon claim codes at below value for bitcoins.  If you see one, we'd all like to know.  Cheers.

Me!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117282.0

And my amazon code is not illegal, I earned it over the past few months using the Bing Reward Program.

I have sold my amazon credit below value before on this forum and I'll do it again because I think it's a fair exchange.

Don't use BIPS!
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 04:18:20 AM

Kind of thread-shitting here, but there certainly are quite a few extremely reputable people around here selling Amazon codes well below face value for BTC. Occulta furnished my kitchen at an extremely good price.  Smiley
HeavySteel (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 01:53:36 PM

Cool.  I welcome more real-life examples.

I think alot depends on the target buyer and the circumstance of the seller.  There's a seller here paying buyers to buy his bitcoins by offering them 1% below market value with a $500 min order.  And he seems legit.  It tells me he is in a circumstance where he has tons of cash and have customers/friends who need large amounts of bitcoins urgently.  Why he is in this situation we can only speculate but that's the great thing about bitcoins -- its anonymity.

Because I have a significant inventory of legit Amazon, Walmart, and Target gift cards; I am looking for buyers with substantial amount of bitcoins who need to unload them fairly quickly.  An example are vendors who sell their merchandise only in bitcoins and need a way to spend their large hard-earned profits in the fiat-currency world.  I believe from their standpoint, paying $102 per $100 Amazon code on Bitmit is a huge bargain.

Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 09:08:52 PM

This https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117960.0 is 4% below spot.

Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
HeavySteel (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 02:46:30 AM

Any examples for Amazon codes with a value >=$100 selling for less?

Here are a couple of sites selling them at higher prices:
http://www.btcjoe.com/
http://btcbuy.info/GiftCards.cshtml
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 03:22:00 AM

I've bought well over $1000 in Amazon codes for 80-90%. I wouldn't have said anything, because you are free to charge what you want, but since you are asking for testimony.

Heres a guy selling at 80% face value right now.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93949.0

and back before Bitinstant, selling amazon codes at around 90% was how I got my $ into BTC. There are dedicated sites, that sell Amazon codes at face value, but you are paying the extra premium for the added security that they aren't going to run off with your money.

bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 03:32:22 AM

Any examples for Amazon codes with a value >=$100 selling for less?

My latest transaction was buying an amazon card, 5$, at about 85% of current market price. It was back when dollars were going for about 90-100 mBTC, I only paid 80 mBTC per dollar for the gift card.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
HeavySteel (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 03:42:55 AM

I've bought well over $1000 in Amazon codes for 80-90%. I wouldn't have said anything, because you are free to charge what you want, but since you are asking for testimony.

Heres a guy selling at 80% face value right now.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93949.0

and back before Bitinstant, selling amazon codes at around 90% was how I got my $ into BTC. There are dedicated sites, that sell Amazon codes at face value, but you are paying the extra premium for the added security that they aren't going to run off with your money.

Yes, that is an awesome deal.  Congrats!
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2012, 06:18:48 AM

See Bitcoins are more liquid than Amazon $, and they are appreciating, that is why we expect a discount.

HeavySteel (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 03:47:31 PM

One can say I am providing that liquidity on the Amazon side.  Most folks here would rather keep their bitcoins than depart them for Amazon.  So they can wait for a "steal of the day" offer and demand a discount.  If I need to dump my Amazon inventory very quickly, it's good to know I can sell them below face value here.  So I appreciate the info and examples provided.  It's been educational.

I am primarily getting the word out that if anyone needs a means to spend a significant amount of bitcoins (e.g. $500) now and can't wait for a "steal of the day" offer, they can get an excellent deal any time from me.  Amazon and gift cards are an awesome way of doing so anonymously, especially with physical gift cards like Walmart and Target.  Physical gift cards are another alternative to Amazon.  I'm sure there are folks out there who rather purchase items directly at the stores rather than through the mail.  These types of customers are willing to pay for another means of anonymity with the convenience that Bitmit offers to buy them.  Walmart/Target cards are the next best thing to cash.  I believe customs officials consider gift cards as cash when traveling between countries.  I'm also only selling to break even on Bitmit because I've already paid alot to get my inventory.  So effectively, I am selling below cost already.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: