Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:20:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Legal Actions against Nefario  (Read 5184 times)
bixcoin (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 06:42:34 PM

I have followed the latest scams in this community and actually always found it ridiculous how people are being ripped off and do nothing but discuss about a scammer tag.

This time I myself lost some coins and also access to some assets. As for now, GLBSE didnt contact me, promised on their site to reveal whats going on and didnt, promised to pay out and didnt. Nobody has any clear information and I call this a major fraud. My bitcoins are gone, the company I left them with is unreachable. That's reason enough to file a legal case.

I would like to gather with other victims of this scam, put some money together, pay a lawyer and see that we get the most out of it.
Also I would like to gather personal data of people responsible, like nefario and other. So any information about their full name, adress, complices, please public in this thread if you agree with me.

It's been a week now, several promises broken, and such an unprofessional politic of information makes it more and more unlikely that anybody gets anything back by waiting.
Also Nefario made money with his business. It's not like he did us a favor and it went wrong and we should be pacient. He had a business running, it went wrong and he gave us a "f..k u all, I better safe my ass".
Wake up people, you have been ripped of! Take action!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Martin666

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 11:52:22 AM

Why don't you take action !
Get a lawyer, go to the police, hire a private investigator...

Cool
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 10:42:01 PM

It will be just as effective to sue any owner of GLBSE for example Theymos.

And just as pointless to spend money on legal fees to sue people who don't have significant assets.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bixcoin (OP)

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 02:24:41 AM

Why don't you take action !
Get a lawyer, go to the police, hire a private investigator...

Cool

Thats exactly what Im saying here. I just want to gather with other victims.
bixcoin (OP)

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 02:26:33 AM

It will be just as effective to sue any owner of GLBSE for example Theymos.

And just as pointless to spend money on legal fees to sue people who don't have significant assets.

No significant assets? At least all Bitcoins that where just lying around at the date of closure. I guess thats more than 5000BC.
Why do you think there is less?
bixcoin (OP)

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 05:47:19 PM

Ok,
I waited another week and didnt receive any Bitcoins. Also I read of nobody who had any amount of 100BC or more to have received his funds. I read about a lot of people with 0.6BC or so that got their funds back. For me this looks like they are buying time.
Even if you have to go through 800 accounts manually, it should be easily done in a week, so I still think this is a major fraud going on.
I put in 50BC to get legal help and process Nefario. But we need more than this. Please, other victims, join, lets get together at least 200BC to start and do something. I can't believe everybody let just happen this.
Those who say it wouldn't be worth it, can you explain why?
All the account assets are there in Nefarios hands! There is even people getting overpaid (1BC instead of 0.6BC), that means there is no caution at all about what happens to our funds. Also it seems Nefario is using our funds to pay his lawyer to safe his ass. Let's stop him now and get our money back!
They had enough time to pay us back. Let's take action!
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 05:52:12 PM

bixcoin

Where are you located?  It will probably be easier to pursue an officer in your own jurisdiction.

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 05:55:24 PM

I would spend 14 BTC to send Nefario in jail. That is 10% of my GLBSE assets and most of what I still got.
But we need to find someone worth of our trust to manage the money and UK based to find and work with a lawyer.
bixcoin (OP)

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 05:55:59 PM

I am in Brazil. Wouldn't help too much.
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 05:56:21 PM

Ok,
I waited another week and didnt receive any Bitcoins. Also I read of nobody who had any amount of 100BC or more to have received his funds. I read about a lot of people with 0.6BC or so that got their funds back. For me this looks like they are buying time.
Even if you have to go through 800 accounts manually, it should be easily done in a week, so I still think this is a major fraud going on.
I put in 50BC to get legal help and process Nefario. But we need more than this. Please, other victims, join, lets get together at least 200BC to start and do something. I can't believe everybody let just happen this.
Those who say it wouldn't be worth it, can you explain why?
All the account assets are there in Nefarios hands! There is even people getting overpaid (1BC instead of 0.6BC), that means there is no caution at all about what happens to our funds. Also it seems Nefario is using our funds to pay his lawyer to safe his ass. Let's stop him now and get our money back!
They had enough time to pay us back. Let's take action!

I received over 700 Bitcoins back from GLBSE Smiley
I have also heard several other people confirm transactions over 100 BTC, I recommend calling James and talking with him before any legal action is taken.
//DeaDTerra
bixcoin (OP)

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 05:57:54 PM

[/quote]
I have also heard several other people confirm transactions over 100 BTC, I recommend calling James and talking with him before any legal action is taken.
//DeaDTerra
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. When did you receive those?
bixcoin (OP)

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 05:59:09 PM

I would spend 14 BTC to send Nefario in jail. That is 10% of my GLBSE assets and most of what I still got.
But we need to find someone worth of our trust to manage the money and UK based to find and work with a lawyer.

agree
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 05:59:21 PM

//DeaDTerra
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. When did you receive those?
[/quote]
2012-10-16 13:48 Smiley
//DeaDTerra
Namworld

Activity: 745
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 06:15:10 PM

Payment claims with TaxID:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=118354.msg1270908#msg1270908

You might also want to read the GLBSE shareholder meeting regarding the closure:
I've decided to release the October 5th shareholder meeting minutes. I've removed IP addresses and the names of the shareholders that haven't been outed yet. Except for da2ce7, because he supported Nefario right from the beginning. With those exceptions, nothing else was changed.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=DRt78Vne
moni3z

Activity: 899

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 10:49:56 PM

Lol trying to sue an illegal securities exchange and actually admitting your part in it to the feds. GLBSE should have been .onion since day 1 with an anonymous yet somewhat trusted operator who had a decent OTC rating but no transactions that could be tied to an identity.

bixcoin (OP)

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 01:14:40 AM

Lol trying to sue an illegal securities exchange and actually admitting your part in it to the feds. GLBSE should have been .onion since day 1 with an anonymous yet somewhat trusted operator who had a decent OTC rating but no transactions that could be tied to an identity.

My part in it? I was not aware at all that this was an illegal securities exchange. So now the defrauded person makes part of the fraud because he "supported" it? You can argue that I was stupid by trusting GLBSE, but not that I made part of any fraud system.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 01:23:19 AM

My part in it? I was not aware at all that this was an illegal securities exchange. So now the defrauded person makes part of the fraud because he "supported" it? You can argue that I was stupid by trusting GLBSE, but not that I made part of any fraud system.

Ignorance of a law does not make you immune from it.

moni3z

Activity: 899

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 01:25:36 AM

If you just bought into some securities you can claim ignorance but not if you operated a security there. The court will ask you what reasonable due diligence you took to ensure the exchange was legal, which is probably none. This is like trying to sue a drug dealer who sold you fake drugs and then telling the court a story you assumed it was legal.

Isn't he returning coins if you hand over all your proof of identity? Though this screams entrapment
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 01:33:46 AM

So you provided to them all the information they needed to ensure that you complied with tax obligations?  Asked them for regular statements to ensure that you can accurately report your income for tax purposes?  Have included your GLBSE "investments" on any financial statements requiring you to disclose your income and/or assets?

You can certainly claim that you didn't know GLBSE was an illegal securities exchange.  Mounting an argument that you weren't using it for any illegal purpose might be considerably harder, though because you're absolutely expected to be aware of your own taxation liabilities and to keep adequate records to verify your income and investments.  "I didn't know" doesn't fly when it comes to taxation offences.

And yes, it's ridiculous to even be talking about legal action against somebody who is actively paying.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bixcoin (OP)

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 02:19:45 PM

So you provided to them all the information they needed to ensure that you complied with tax obligations?  Asked them for regular statements to ensure that you can accurately report your income for tax purposes?  Have included your GLBSE "investments" on any financial statements requiring you to disclose your income and/or assets?

You can certainly claim that you didn't know GLBSE was an illegal securities exchange.  Mounting an argument that you weren't using it for any illegal purpose might be considerably harder, though because you're absolutely expected to be aware of your own taxation liabilities and to keep adequate records to verify your income and investments.  "I didn't know" doesn't fly when it comes to taxation offences.

And yes, it's ridiculous to even be talking about legal action against somebody who is actively paying.

The tax thing is my problem. Til now I only lost money, if important at all, I would have to pay less tax. Also I will only have to declare this years tax next year. Also I am not aware that I will have to declare Bitcoins as long as I didnt turn them back into money.

I was not aware, that he is paying out big amounts as stated above. This of course changes the situation. But I really can't see why this is taking so long. Also I did not get one single email. To get my information I have to look at this forum and trust people who say that got paid. I don't know any of you personally, so what is this worth?
The way this is taken care of is so rouge, it can't only pe unprofessionalism. What does it cost to send an email to every client, updating status? Or at least confirm email adress. I can not even be sure if I didnt put in a typo on my request. Some people report they got emails but no BC, others got BC but no email. Other like me didnt get anything. This is simply not the contract I agreed to with GLBSE, thus legal action might be required.
I also think I did not do any illegal activity. Comparing this to buying drugs makes no sense. Possession of drugs is illegal. I bet you can't even spell out what exactly illegal it could be that I did. What I did was sending value to somebody who promised he gives it back anytime I want. Easy like that. We are talking about the BC lying in my account here. The guy just took them and doesnt give them back, nor does he respond to me or show any effort he would. End of story.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: